The Most Annoying Phrase

Jaime FTW

'I am just a girl innocent in the way of war...' :bang:

'You know nothing Jon Snow'

'For the night is dark and full of terror'

'It is known'

'She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all I know'

'Wherever whores go'

'Nuncle' - not a phrase but just annoys the hell out of me.

I am the blood of dragon and i am just a little girl.

really? a lot of ppl are saying that? Idk there are a lot of Dany-haters on here. I love her and everything she says. she's so funny, the way she talks and thinks. I don't think she is as stupid and useless as so many other ppl do.

'I am just a girl innocent in the way of war...' :bang:

'You know nothing Jon Snow'

'For the night is dark and full of terror'

'It is known'

'She's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all I know'

'Wherever whores go'

'Nuncle' - not a phrase but just annoys the hell out of me.

yes nuncle is annoying!!

"I am Danerys Stormborn (blah blah blah)" or anything Dany says really, God i despise that character. Plus anyone who says "you know nothing Jon Snow" is an annoying douchenozzle .

You despise Dany and you kept on reading the books? that's like saying you hate Hermione but kept reading Harry Potter anyway. Why subject yourself to stuff that annoys you so much?

You despise Dany and you kept on reading the books? that's like saying you hate Hermione but kept reading Harry Potter anyway. Why subject yourself to stuff that annoys you so much?

Ha one can hate Hermione and support Ron/Harry/Snape/whatever, you chose Harry Potter as the subject ;)

On topic: I hate her as well :) However she has been surrounded by some awesome lines of story: Quent comes to mind. And, yes, everytime I turn a page and "daenarys" is written out large at the top of the next one I'm always:"I shall know no fear although I walk through a valley of dread..." During rereads I always skip them.

And the story isn't about one person thank the lord.

Ha one can hate Hermione and support Ron/Harry/Snape/whatever, you chose Harry Potter as the subject ;)

On topic: I hate her as well :) However she has been surrounded by some awesome lines of story: Quent comes to mind. And, yes, everytime I turn a page and "daenarys" is written out large at the top of the next one I'm always:"I shall know no fear although I walk through a valley of dread..." During rereads I always skip them.

And the story isn't about one person thank the lord.

of course it's not, but I am just saying if you hate Dany then why read? The Mists of Avalon used to be my favorite book, but now I literally can't even read it because I hate Gwenyfar so much, her character just sucks to no end and I literally can't even read it. She is not the main character at all, but she is a really big one. I just don't see the point of reading something you don't love every minute of. why waste your time. Cuz let me tell you something about these books. Dany is one of the 2 main heroes of the story, no matter how much we discuss that not being true on here, it IS true.

The whole freakin story is basically about her families return to power with her at the mast of the ship.

she is a great character!!

really? a lot of ppl are saying that? Idk there are a lot of Dany-haters on here. I love her and everything she says. she's so funny, the way she talks and thinks. I don't think she is as stupid and useless as so many other ppl do.

First she says i am just a little girl who knows little about war. She tells that as a mockery but it is true. She overrates herself.

And being blood of dragon doesn't make the world yours. Your ancestors are not important. Your deess are important.

And yes i hate her. Because she is too proud of herself, ironic and belives that the world is hers.

Skipped a ahead after all the utterly predictable Dany-hate.

My least favorite phrases and sayings:

Much and More: Confined mostly to the last book, this phrase took the place of actually trying to tell us something useful by reducing it to short-hand. Agian. And again. And again...

Where Do Whores Go: Its confined to Tyrion only and in a certain segment it shows his obsession with his own acts. But at the same time its almost an metephore for Tyrion's ADwD experience: the same question over and over without any real answer.

What Is Dead May Never Die: Apparently the Iron born don't get the concept of verb tenses. Thei runners-up for Ironborn words were "What is Wet May Never Get Wet" and "What Is On Fire May Never Get Set On Fire" Gotta hand it to the Ironmen- just when you think they have said the stupidest thing ever, they keep talking.

Winter is Coming: Hidden in the mythos of depth and substance is this simple statement that sounds deeper than it actually is. And it begs the question, "When it is actually Winter, what do the Starks say?"

Does Not Bug Me At All:

Most of What Dany Says: Not to derail the thread (says he who routintely derails threads), but almost everything Danys says that supposedly sounds so annoying falls into 2 catagories:

A. Dany Trying to Downplay Her Knowledge To Trick Somebody: When Days says "I am a girl and do not know..." what she is really doing s relatively subtle: She wants men to tell her what they think and not feel threatened by her and her position. She knows that men like to talk and prove themselves. She wants to know what they think and they tell her. She isn't making fun of them; she wants them to spill their guts. And they usually do.

B. Stuff That If Other Characters Say All The Time That Nobody Has a Problem With: For Starters Dany is actually Blood of the Dragon and does have 3 dragons who follow her around. That seems important. She also has to act like Royalty toa certain degree or people will walk all over her (there are plenty of examples of them doing this anyway and this is partially what dooms Robb). The Seven Kingdoms "are mine" she says no more than Stannis, Renly etc.

C. Others:

If I look back I am lost? That really bugs people? She is explaining how her past pains cannot guide her curren course and how she cannot be afraid

I am the Queen I Command You? Ugghhhh... its a monarchy; she is the queen and she commands. What is so hartd about this? When Robert, Robb and Stannis did it it was fine....

I will take what is mine with Fire and Blood? How is that ANY different than Ned Stark saying something and then adding his house words? How is it any more annoying than when Cat Stark looks at men who have faought battles and says "They are boys of Summer and Winter is Coming?"

Ned Stark, btw, did die a traitor's death....

"I don't want to hear it Ser Barristan"? I think you bury the lead here. Usually when Dany says this (and I think its been twice) she adds in quickly that she does not want to hear it "right now" leavin the reader to infer that Dany is aware that her family DOES have a problem with insanity and that she would likley want to hear about it at a better time.

It is known. Again, what is great about this saying is that it usually indicates something that is utterly unknown. I find the duality to be kind of funny.

You Know Nothing Jon Snow: Somebody already said it, when I first read it it annoyed me, but as the story wore on Ygritte's warning started taking on different meanings (and was reminicent of "It is known") until finally it was used as a signal that Ygritte knew that Jon was lying to her.

Skipped a ahead after all the utterly predictable Dany-hate.

My least favorite phrases and sayings:

Much and More: Confined mostly to the last book, this phrase took the place of actually trying to tell us something useful by reducing it to short-hand. Agian. And again. And again...

Where Do Whores Go: Its confined to Tyrion only and in a certain segment it shows his obsession with his own acts. But at the same time its almost an metephore for Tyrion's ADwD experience: the same question over and over without any real answer.

What Is Dead May Never Die: Apparently the Iron born don't get the concept of verb tenses. Thei runners-up for Ironborn words were "What is Wet May Never Get Wet" and "What Is On Fire May Never Get Set On Fire" Gotta hand it to the Ironmen- just when you think they have said the stupidest thing ever, they keep talking.

Winter is Coming: Hidden in the mythos of depth and substance is this simple statement that sounds deeper than it actually is. And it begs the question, "When it is actually Winter, what do the Starks say?"

Does Not Bug Me At All:

Most of What Dany Says: Not to derail the thread (says he who routintely derails threads), but almost everything Danys says that supposedly sounds so annoying falls into 2 catagories:

A. Dany Trying to Downplay Her Knowledge To Trick Somebody: When Days says "I am a girl and do not know..." what she is really doing s relatively subtle: She wants men to tell her what they think and not feel threatened by her and her position. She knows that men like to talk and prove themselves. She wants to know what they think and they tell her. She isn't making fun of them; she wants them to spill their guts. And they usually do.

B. Stuff That If Other Characters Say All The Time That Nobody Has a Problem With: For Starters Dany is actually Blood of the Dragon and does have 3 dragons who follow her around. That seems important. She also has to act like Royalty toa certain degree or people will walk all over her (there are plenty of examples of them doing this anyway and this is partially what dooms Robb). The Seven Kingdoms "are mine" she says no more than Stannis, Renly etc.

C. Others:

If I look back I am lost? That really bugs people? She is explaining how her past pains cannot guide her curren course and how she cannot be afraid

I am the Queen I Command You? Ugghhhh... its a monarchy; she is the queen and she commands. What is so hartd about this? When Robert, Robb and Stannis did it it was fine....

I will take what is mine with Fire and Blood? How is that ANY different than Ned Stark saying something and then adding his house words? How is it any more annoying than when Cat Stark looks at men who have faought battles and says "They are boys of Summer and Winter is Coming?"

Ned Stark, btw, did die a traitor's death....

"I don't want to hear it Ser Barristan"? I think you bury the lead here. Usually when Dany says this (and I think its been twice) she adds in quickly that she does not want to hear it "right now" leavin the reader to infer that Dany is aware that her family DOES have a problem with insanity and that she would likley want to hear about it at a better time.

It is known. Again, what is great about this saying is that it usually indicates something that is utterly unknown. I find the duality to be kind of funny.

You Know Nothing Jon Snow: Somebody already said it, when I first read it it annoyed me, but as the story wore on Ygritte's warning started taking on different meanings (and was reminicent of "It is known") until finally it was used as a signal that Ygritte knew that Jon was lying to her.

Yes thank you!! Awesome post! :bowdown:

Dany's statements are all sarcastic and funny, not annoying at all :agree:

of course it's not, but I am just saying if you hate Dany then why read? The Mists of Avalon used to be my favorite book, but now I literally can't even read it because I hate Gwenyfar so much, her character just sucks to no end and I literally can't even read it. She is not the main character at all, but she is a really big one. I just don't see the point of reading something you don't love every minute of. why waste your time. Cuz let me tell you something about these books. Dany is one of the 2 main heroes of the story, no matter how much we discuss that not being true on here, it IS true.

The whole freakin story is basically about her families return to power with her at the mast of the ship.

she is a great character!! and if ppl are posting that they hate her then I conclude that those ppl are men and can't stand a powerful woman character. Unless there are some females on here that would concur they hate Dany and skip her chapters when they read????

this books aren't only about Dany. that's why we keep reading.

powerful woman is for example Asha and she is my third fav character. don't be feminnist :)

Archived