Myrish Swamp Thing

And it's a shutout

#4: Catelyn Stark

200 points

Named in 13 ballots

11.11 points per ballot

15.38 points per named ballot

Highest position: 1st (twice)

Robb had broken his word, but Catelyn kept hers. She tugged hard on Aegon’s hair and sawed at his neck until the blade grated on bone. Blood ran hot over her fingers. His little bells were ringing, ringing, ringing, and the drum went boom doom boom.

Finally someone took the knife away from her. The tears burned like vinegar as they ran down her cheeks. Ten fierce ravens were raking her face with sharp talons and tearing off strips of flesh, leaving deep furrows that ran red with blood. She could taste it on her lips.

It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb... Robb... please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting... The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed. “Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.

:crying:

You made me read that chapter, so I'll make you watch that scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxvUuSzbMI

This is at or near the top of the most heart-breaking, tear jerking moments written. If it had been a permanent death, it might be even better (or worse).

No score for anyone, so scores remain the same.

#3 will be revealed on Tuesday (the usual episode-inspired outage caveats apply)

Tywin was already listed as number five, you might want to correct that. Shame losing points that way :)

Not only that but Cat had come up already but I was thinking of just waiting and trying to get my 12 points for Ned and be grateful. But of course I couldn't resist changing.

Archived