If Rhaegar had kidnapped some other woman...

Ice Turtle

• 11 months later...

Kidnapping Cersei option made me laugh. Tywin wanted the two to marry :D

I laughed too; It wasn't just Tywin who wanted them to marry, he was Cersei's dream man! You can't kidnap the willing :leer:

If he kidnapped Selyse, he would've been sssoooo sorry... :laugh:

That would have been AMAZING! If Rhaegar had absconded with Selyse, he'd be my favorite character!

• 3 months later...

For Catelyn Stark, the fate of Brandon and Rickard would have been the same. It all depends on Ned, did he join Robert's Rebellion to avenge his family? Or because of Robert? Without Ned and the North, the Vale and the Stormlands would not have joined, and the Riverlands by themselves would have been crushed.

For Cersie, Nothing, Tywin original plan was for Cersie to marry Rhaegar. If anything he would stark plotting how to clandestinely eliminate Arys, Elia, Rhaenys, and Aegon so that Cersie could be queen and her children kings.

For Lysa, Brandon Stark had been described as reckless, so he might have gone to KL to challenge Rhaegar if had been Lysa as well. If so, then the same as Catelyn.

What is this, I Hate Rhaegar Week? Sheesh...

I imagine Rhaegar would have died a lot sooner if he 'kidnapped' the Queen of Thorns

Olenna and Rhaegar are at least 1.5 generations apart. So no dice.

There's been more speculation about Olenna and Aemon. Although Aemon likely was 20+ years older than Olenna in the books, there's talk that they're of the same generation or close to it on the show. Which is interesting...

Well now Rhaegar/Osha is my new otp, I regret nothing.

:lmao:

You know nothin' Rhaegar Targeryen

Like father like son =P

:lmao:

Olenna and Rhaegar are at least 1.5 generations apart. So no dice.

There's been more speculation about Olenna and Aemon. Although Aemon likely was 20+ years older than Olenna in the books, there's talk that they're of the same generation or close to it on the show. Which is interesting...

More like 40 years. Aemon was 102, Olenna is in her (early) sixties. She was Aerys' generation!

I think Rheagar could not simply breed with any highborn or lowborn girl. Steffon Baratheon, Robert's dad and Aerys cousin was sent with his wife to Essos to find a suitable bride for Rheagar since he had no sister to marry. What this means is find a girl with Valaryian blood in her of suitable breeding age. They could not so they settled on Elia of Dorne as she had Targaryen Blood, as the "sister - bride swap" that started the Blackfyre rebellion and joined Dorne to the Iron Throne. Lyanna was what at the time? 8, 9, 10? Younger, 7 I think. There was no one else other than Elia.

Everything regarding Rheagar was heavily influenced by prophecy and breeding "riders of the dragon" had to be pretty high on this list of requirements.

At Harenhal, Elia was already known to be unable to produce children thus Rheagar was looking but I think he already knew of one, Lyanna Stark. I have been saying that I feel the Starks have Targaryen blood that probably comes behind the Baratheon blood line though Targ princesses. Probably Aegon V younger daughters that "married for love". The book being released in October regarding the history of Westeros, I hope sheds light on the Stark family tree to confirm this.

Anyways, Rheagar trained to be a warrior, a warrior is high priority to fulfill this prophecy. Elia was never a warrior, she was always sickly we are

told with a sharp toungue. ok, noble but not a warrior. When Lyanna and we all pretty much assume that Lyanna was the Knight of the Laughing Tree, Rheagar was charged by his paranoid father to find out who this mysterious Knight was, Rheagar, knowing of her lineage and Targ blood relation and her being a female warrior may have been so overcome with passion and excitement in her that he lost his senses and kidnapped her. Reminds me of the Greek mythology tale of Theseus of Athens spying on Helen of Troy when she was 15, bathing or dancing with other girls and he sprung at her and raped her in madness of passion of her beauty or some other "reason". I think that may have happened for Rheagar too. Make no mistake, Lyanna had to have some "genetic standard" that made her acceptable to breed with for a "dragon".

More like 40 years. Aemon was 102, Olenna is in her (early) sixties. She was Aerys' generation!

Aerys was the same age as Tywin, who is about 10 years younger than Olenna. She would have been in the same generation as Egg's younger children (Jaehaerys had Aerys when he was 18, which would make him within the same general age bracket as Olenna, and the unnamed third son would have been closer still) and the prince she discusses being engaged to was probably one of them

I think Rheagar could not simply breed with any highborn or lowborn girl. Steffon Baratheon, Robert's dad and Aerys cousin was sent with his wife to Essos to find a suitable bride for Rheagar since he had no sister to marry. What this means is find a girl with Valaryian blood in her of suitable breeding age. They could not so they settled on Elia of Dorne as she had Targaryen Blood, as the "sister - bride swap" that started the Blackfyre rebellion and joined Dorne to the Iron Throne. Lyanna was what at the time? 8, 9, 10? Younger, 7 I think. There was no one else other than Elia.

Everything regarding Rheagar was heavily influenced by prophecy and breeding "riders of the dragon" had to be pretty high on this list of requirements.

At Harenhal, Elia was already known to be unable to produce children thus Rheagar was looking but I think he already knew of one, Lyanna Stark. I have been saying that I feel the Starks have Targaryen blood that probably comes behind the Baratheon blood line though Targ princesses. Probably Aegon V younger daughters that "married for love". The book being released in October regarding the history of Westeros, I hope sheds light on the Stark family tree to confirm this.

Anyways, Rheagar trained to be a warrior, a warrior is high priority to fulfill this prophecy. Elia was never a warrior, she was always sickly we are

told with a sharp toungue. ok, noble but not a warrior. When Lyanna and we all pretty much assume that Lyanna was the Knight of the Laughing Tree, Rheagar was charged by his paranoid father to find out who this mysterious Knight was, Rheagar, knowing of her lineage and Targ blood relation and her being a female warrior may have been so overcome with passion and excitement in her that he lost his senses and kidnapped her. Reminds me of the Greek mythology tale of Theseus of Athens spying on Helen of Troy when she was 15, bathing or dancing with other girls and he sprung at her and raped her in madness of passion of her beauty or some other "reason". I think that may have happened for Rheagar too. Make no mistake, Lyanna had to have some "genetic standard" that made her acceptable to breed with for a "dragon".

Starks have Targ connections for about hundred years, the plumms would come before them.

No she wasn't, Aegon wasn't born yet, actually, she probably pregnant at the time with Aegon. Again, looking at the tree we got, that is not a option. Check the worlds part in the general.

Aerys was the same age as Tywin, who is about 10 years younger than Olenna. She would have been in the same generation as Egg's younger children (Jaehaerys had Aerys when he was 18, which would make him within the same general age bracket as Olenna, and the unnamed third son would have been closer still) and the prince she discusses being engaged to was probably one of them

Yeah, Oleana was probably engaged to one of Egg's boys.

Kidnapping Cersei option made me laugh. Tywin wanted the two to marry :D

Tywin wanted Cersei's childrens to be the next king/queen (which won't be possible since Elia already have 2 childrens). He will take Rhaegar actions as an insult.

Also, I believe the "bloc" or "alliance" between Arryn-Stark-Baratheon-Tully was to one day over throne the Targs, and were just waiting for the right moment to strike, (not much evidence to back it, just a hunch).

And remember Hoster wanted Jaime to marry Lysa, in the original idea, the Lannisters were part of the plan

Tywin wanted Cersei's childrens to be the next king/queen (which won't be possible since Elia already have 2 childrens). He will take Rhaegar actions as an insult.

Once Cersei is with the crown prince, it would not be below Tywin to find ways to rid of Elia and the 2 children

Olenna was born mid to late 230s, Aerys was born 244. About five years between them. She's too young for Jaeharys, much less Duncan. The third son is a remote possibility, but her nickname as the Queen of Thorns indicate an engagement to an heir. That she claims to be lucky to have escaped that fate does hint at Aerys as well.

Archived