[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4?

Rashtibram

How about "The King IN the North" for Episode 9 title. It will surely throw some Unsullied off.

Could be cool, but I personally prefer the King Beyond the Wall. The King at the Wall could also work because it's Stannis' official alias, but I think gives away the surprise. Also I don't think it's good for the Unsullied to see Stannis just as a replacement for Robb.

i really want daggers in the dark to be in season 5. it could work in episode 9 with dany and drogon.

also i really like the king beyond the wall for ep 9 of s 4. works for stan and mance

I think it adds a perfect final scene for season 5, just as it did in the books. It's not like they'll have to wait ~4 years like book folks will to find out if Jon's dead or alive. But then again, it'd be hard to keep Kit Harrington under wraps during Season 6 filming, if he is, in fact, alive. Maybe they could do it S5E09, then have a Ghost sequence to end the season alluding to Jon's spirit living in Ghost while he's out cold.

I hope the last scene of S04E09 is Stannis making his offer to Jon.

I'm hoping for the same thing, honestly. It makes more sense to me to end the episode with his offer, in order to provide the time necessary for the election to play out in the season finale (as I have a hard time believing that they would save an event like that for early in the fifth season). The election itself only feels tangentially important to me, anyway. If the writers are able to make Sam more involved with the functions of the Night's Watch throughout the season, there's less reason to play up his maneuvering during the election itself.

Regardless, I think a short scene at the end of the episode with Stannis advising Jon that he needs only to return to him, bend the knee, and that he will 'rise as Jon Stark, Lord of Winterfell' would be a more effective ending than Stannis simply arriving to save the day. Both scenarios could work, but I'm partial to the latter.

Anyway, episode titles (again):

The King's Peace

The Bells of Baelor

King's Blood

Chains

Rhymes With Freak

A Thousand Eyes And One

The Gift

Elia

The Shield That Guards the Realms of Men

A Different Coat

Regardless, I think a short scene at the end of the episode with Stannis advising Jon that he needs only to return to him, bend the knee, and that he will 'rise as Jon Stark, Lord of Winterfell' would be a more effective ending than Stannis simply arriving to save the day. Both scenarios could work, but I'm partial to the latter.

"Blackwater" ended with someone -- Tywin in this case -- simply arriving to save the day. So I agree with you, hopefully in 4x09 the battle ends earlier and there's enough time for further character interactions before the end of the episode.

"Blackwater" ended with someone -- Tywin in this case -- simply arriving to save the day. So I agree with you, hopefully in 4x09 the battle ends earlier and there's enough time for further character interactions before the end of the episode.

I agree. There's a lot less of the Battle at the Wall then there is of Blackwater anyway, so I think there's time for so post battle discussions amongst the Night's Watch, Ygritte's death and then Stannis' offer.

Anyway, episode titles (again):

The King's Peace

The Bells of Baelor

King's Blood

Chains

Rhymes With Freak

A Thousand Eyes And One

The Gift

Elia

The Shield That Guards the Realms of Men

A Different Coat

As for ep. 6, I think it's too early for such title. I expect Bran to finally meet three-eyed raven in the season finale.

As for ep. 6, I think it's too early for such title. I expect Bran to finally meet three-eyed raven in the season finale.

I'm not so sure. Episodes eight and ten will already have a lot going on, I'd imagine, and the ninth episode will be taken up entirely by the battle at the Wall. I'm thinking that Bran could 'meet' Bloodraven at the end of the sixth episode, but that their first real interaction (and a more thorough explanation of Bran's powers and abilities) could happen in the following episode (The Gift, which would then take on multiple meanings).

It's not as if Bran has a whole ton of material in the upcoming season, anyway. It's all but confirmed that his story line will be tied in with that of the mutinous remains of the Night's Watch at Craster's Keep, and according to various casting and directing information that has been obtained, that whole scenario should be settled by the fourth or fifth episode.

I'm thinking that D&D will make a choice to end Bran's story line in this upcoming season earlier than they've done with any other character to date. Bran easily has the least amount of book material left out of all of the characters in the show (already getting into his ADwD arc), and as I already mentioned, there is already a lot of stuff that will be happening in the final three episodes of the season.

Bran in Season 5 will be a bitch to adapt. There's nothing left short of diving straight into TWoW - but then what with S6?

I'm assuming that Bran won't reach BRs cave until the end of S4. Most of his S4 arc will probably be getting caught up with whatever's going on at Crasters imo. Then his S5 arc can adapt his time in the cave. He wouldn't have much screen time, but there's a couple extra episodes in there if they choose to include the Knight of the Laughing Tree and/or the Tower of Joy.

I'm assuming that Bran won't reach BRs cave until the end of S4. Most of his S4 arc will probably be getting caught up with whatever's going on at Crasters imo. Then his S5 arc can adapt his time in the cave. He wouldn't have much screen time, but there's a couple extra episodes in there if they choose to include the Knight of the Laughing Tree and/or the Tower of Joy.

Yeah, but there's, what, one Bran chapter in BR's cave? No matter how much you stretch and filler-up, there's simply not enough material for anything even resembling a character arc.

I think it'll be really soon now, we had the writers and directors list, what's left ? The titles ? Next week, there is one month left so it's perfect (it was around this time last seasons).

My favorites/ideas :

1- The Red Viper seems to be the most agreed and I agree too

2- Hear Me Roar - Widow's Wail

For episodes 3-7, we can't really know how the things will goes so no numerotation of episodes. Plus, some titles can go on the same episode maybe

Growing Strong must be there in an episode where the Tyrells are heavily featured but not episode 3. The main focus of this episode will certainly be the reaction of the PW (which will end with Cersei designing Tyrion IMO), mainly of Cersei, Tywin, Jaime, Tyrion. Marg, Mace and Olenna will be there too (as Oberyn I suppose) obviously but it will be more a Lannister episode.

Something about the escape of Sansa could be great but it will be in episode 3, the Lannister-heavy one so I don't know

Breaker of Chains is perfect for the taking of Meereen.

Giant of Lannister for Shae's betrayal if she said that. Would be fitting if the line "I'm guilty of being a dwarf" is here too.

Last Friend could be great too for the same episode as I suppose the line from Jaime seen in trailers will be in this episode. Likely episode 7, the one before the trial by combat when Tyrion is abandonned by evryone except Jaime.

No idea for every episode like that

8- Say Her Name - Paying his debts

9 - Night Gathers is perfect IMO, The Shields that Guards the Realm of Men is great on the book side but it isn't a good title maybe just Shields of the Realm or Shields of Men

10- I love Only A Cat of A Different Coat but I don't see he goes well for a title, I like the Heart of Stone proposition. I could see Hands of Gold, Heart of Stone, sadly there is no chain of hands for the King's Hand

If Stannis doesn't offer Jon Winterfell at the end of episode 9, I think it would make a great opening scene to episode 10.

Yeah this is what i believe too. Opening sequence would be the offer. Then they can show one or two short scenes of Jon Snow jampacked in between some awesome moments when he is considering the offer, with the last scene of him making his mind and saying to sam/grenn/pyp or dolorous that he is going to the top of the wall to talk to Stannis Baratheon on an important matter and ends Jon's story for S4.

^One of the trailer shots has Melisandre looking into a fire. Its edited to make it looks as though its the same scene as the big sacrifice for favourable winds but actually the background is snowy and distinctively Castle Black. I've posted this before (maybe even on this page) but I think ep. 10 will begin with Jon burning Ygritte and Mel looking into the fire and then inviting Jon to meet with Stannis. Stan will be in a chamber, probably with old Davey Boy Davos, and will make the offer and give Jon his famous speech which will come off as even warmer because he`ll be complimenting his good buddy and Hand while the guy`s there.

Then it will cut to many more big awesome scenes, Hands of Gold, Only Cat, possibly the LC election, maybe even Moat Caillin...ep 310 will be the best of the series and will be extremely difficult for them to top, especially with a very difficult to adapt s5.

If I had to lay down a bet for ep. 10`s title I`d put my money on ``As High as Honour`` or ``Family Duty Honour``. I think they ought to bookend the season with House words as they did in s1.

Archived