Is Tommen "The Valonqar"?

momo snow

I personally think the golden crowns, golden shrouds thing excludes Tommen. He has to die in order for Myrcella to have a golden crown and then Myrcella has to have her own golden shroud before Cersei dies. I think that's too big of a gap. I'm in the non-Lannister camp. I tend to vote for Stannis. He's her little brother by marriage. He's also merciless enough to strangle her.

One of the books does specifically state that Jamie came after Cercei during their births. Cojld be a red herring. I dont buy the "anyone as long as they are a younger brother" theory. Seems like a real copout.

To me the use of the words "the Valonqar" as opposed to "your younger brother" tell us that there's a reason the person is described that way. We also know that GRRM's prophecies are supposed to be deceptive. Cersei thinks it's Tyrion but most readers assume it isn't Tyrion because Cersei is almost always wrong. Jaime makes a lot of sense and would probably be the frontrunner if you took a poll. However, I look at it and see the words "the Valonqar" as meaning that the person is defined by his status as a younger brother. That doesn't describe Jaime at all. It would describe Tyrion but again, I don't think the prophecy is that straightforward.

To me, the character most associated with being a little brother is Stannis. He is The Little Brother. Everything he does, he does because he is Robert's younger brother. He's either acting as Robert's heir or trying to one-up Robert and show that he is the better man. To me, he fits as the Valonqar. Tommen's identity to me is not particularly tied up in being Joff's brother.

To me the use of the words "the Valonqar" as opposed to "your younger brother" tell us that there's a reason the person is described that way. We also know that GRRM's prophecies are supposed to be deceptive. Cersei thinks it's Tyrion but most readers assume it isn't Tyrion because Cersei is almost always wrong. Jaime makes a lot of sense and would probably be the frontrunner if you took a poll. However, I look at it and see the words "the Valonqar" as meaning that the person is defined by his status as a younger brother. That doesn't describe Jaime at all. It would describe Tyrion but again, I don't think the prophecy is that straightforward.

To me, the character most associated with being a little brother is Stannis. He is The Little Brother. Everything he does, he does because he is Robert's younger brother. He's either acting as Robert's heir or trying to one-up Robert and show that he is the better man. To me, he fits as the Valonqar. Tommen's identity to me is not particularly tied up in being Joff's brother.

Oh yeah...this...

People it's very simple.

<Insert Random Westerosi here && Smoke n Salt && Nissa Nissa && Sword> - can be made Azor Ahai Reborn

<Insert Random westerosi male if he has an elder sibling> - can be made Cersei's Valonqar

<Insert random woman here who went missing some 15 years ago> -can be made Septa Lemore

Yes, it can be done. :D

• 1 month later...

I was reading aFFC last week when this theory crossed my mind, it's cool to see people talking about it. I was thinking the "choking hands" were theoretical, but I also wasn't considering what the fallout meant for Tommen's throne. with kevan now out of the game. who does that leave? hmmm.....back to the drawing board on this one

How is Tommen, Cersei's little brother?

The prophecy doesn't specify whose little brother. It says "the" little brother, right after mentioning Cersei's children. So it makes sense grammatically for it to be Tommen, or Myrcella if "valonqar" turns out to be a gender-neutral word after all... I like it. Jaime or Tyrion are still likely though.

I don't buy Tommen being the valonqar even if the prophecy doesn't specify whose little brother. The kid is 8 years old and I don't see him being capable of choking the life from Cersei. Jaime remains the most likely candidate for me as the only evidence we have of him being younger than Cersei comes from AGoT and is something that can be easily overlooked. The fact that Jaime is the younger twin is, imo, significant.

What if she sees Tommen killed by an other or White walker and then he becomes one and kills her?

The very image is hillarious, granted, but I think Cersei will bite the dust before the Others get anywhere near King's Landing or Casterly Rock... But come to think of it, this is GRRM and anything could happen. Now I really hope the Others kill half the main characters and get all the way to Dorne :)

The prophecy doesn't specify whose little brother. It says "the" little brother, right after mentioning Cersei's children. So it makes sense grammatically for it to be Tommen, or Myrcella if "valonqar" turns out to be a gender-neutral word after all... I like it. Jaime or Tyrion are still likely though.

Saying Tyrion is likely is like saying Dany is Azor Ahai. It was stated outright in the script, and so there's no way it's true. Jaime, though...

Saying Tyrion is likely is like saying Dany is Azor Ahai. It was stated outright in the script, and so there's no way it's true. Jaime, though...

Yeah, I really don't think it will be Tyrion (or Dany will be AAR) for those reasons. It is set up so they'll be likely. But that's probably why they won't happen, I agree. Just not ruling it out lol.

Cersei will at some point find herself in front of a weirdwood tree, and Robb's little brother, Bran will warg that weirdwood tree, wrap his wooden limbs around her throat and choke her to death, while the magical Ser Deadbucket will swing his sword at the tree in much the same way as that scene in GoT, where Robb hacks at the tree after learning about Ned's fate. And when Bran-wood's done choking her, he will open its mouth and devour her. Only Ser Deadbucket will remain, Bran will break Qyburn's spell on his monster, and he will hunt Dr. Frank-Eye-burn, and finally corner him on an ice floe in the unnamed reaches of the North. There he will eat his makers face and be adopted as the lovable undead mascot of the Great Other.

Archived