Season 4 casting... so far...

LadyMondragon

Any news on the return (or not) of Ian Gelder as Kevan Lannister?

A part of me wonders whether they'll cut Kevan from the TV series from now and replace his fairly pivotal end-DwD scene by simply slotting in Pycelle. But I could be wrong! So, is he to return?

The guy on these photos is supposed to be Ian Gelder (in the Lannister armour) but I can't recognise him:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-liUeoqe8-dI/Ugcz5-6HIHI/AAAAAAAADWI/phtiZ71c9xQ/s1600/BQ-7iD2CMAEO8Kt.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x5CwRzub6Mk/Ugcz6HXBTaI/AAAAAAAADWQ/wcVA57g-afg/s1600/PZLDV8y.jpg

Me neither, but Kevan is the best guess here. He's in Lannister armor and not an extra. I wonder who the other elderly gentlemen are. It looks like we haven't got all casting news yet. I hope one of them is Gyles Rosby.

Why would that be the case? The original Sweetrobin filmed stuff for season 3, why wouldn't he return for season 4?

Yes, I've seen somewhere that the original Sweetrobin is back. I think it was his Twitter feed that said so. The only reason to recast that role is the original actor getting ready to sprout like a weed. Otherwise, he's perfect for the role.

The squire that Loras did is back, along with the stuff in the wiki entry for s4 about the Red Viper specifically "Oberyn loves the ladies, he loves the boys" makes me think we are getting some gay/bi scenes with them.

Really hope we don't have scenes with Oberyn and Varys conspiring for Dany as this will sort of blunt the blow of Doran's 'vengeance, justice, fire and blood'.

Any news on the return (or not) of Ian Gelder as Kevan Lannister?

A part of me wonders whether they'll cut Kevan from the TV series from now and replace his fairly pivotal end-DwD scene by simply slotting in Pycelle. But I could be wrong! So, is he to return?

I certainly hope he'll be back, but possibly not until S5. King's Landing will be a ghost town after S4, so it makes sense to reintroduce him in S5. Shame he didn't feature in this season - a scene with him reacting to the news that Karstark killed his sons, or helping Lancel recover, would have been great.

Although I'll be looking forward to Pedro Pascal as the fantastic Oberyn Martell. I can't believe that the GoT-team didn't consider Oded Fehr (of the Mummy fame etc) - who to my mind simply IS the Red Viper..

Have a look: http://www.hdwallpapersinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ArianeScans0287_Oded.jpg

Or maybe they did consider him, but Pedro had a superior audition?

Or maybe Oded has aged too much. That photo is quite old now.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is GET OVER ODED FEHR. :P

Anyway, the OP can now be updated with Bloodraven..

Archived