Season 4 casting... so far...

LadyMondragon

Really think Gatiss will play Howland Reed in a flashback. The TV audience has not had any of the tower explained to them, if those characters are at all important, they will need to know what happened with Ned and Howland. Mr Gatiss is a very busy actor and writer, so he could be in for just a scene or two with promise of later appearances.

i think everyone should realise that we wont get any flashbacks in the series until bran connects to the weirnet, which would be next season at earliest. Plus Gatiss doesnt fit the description of Howland at all. I personally have no idea who he might be playing there are a lot of possibilities, what we do know is that his work on the show had been done within a few days, so its a smaller part presumably, and that the only clue he gave when asked was that it involved hair. The only thing that fit in with that that i can think of would be Damphair making a small appearance at the end of the season in order to set up the season 5 kingsmoot plotline

My money is still on the High Sparrow as a cameo appearance because he was filming at the same time as Brienne and Podrick.

Aeron Damphair could be an option, but I like to think he would be in more than one scene this season. Also, we haven't heard any word of Balon or YarAsha's actors on set, nor on the casting of Euron (or Victarion, but I don't think we will see him until season 5)

Is Octavia the young girl who was photographed with Maisie?

It would be really cool if she played the part of Weasel. Sandor and Arya could come across Weasel and her dying mother, where Sandor gives her the gift of mercy, rather than a crossbowman, which is later echoed by Arya at the Inn of the Crossroads. Arya could initially dislike the girl, like she does in ACOK, but soon adopts a protective role. They get waysided by some Lannisters, where Weasel escapes, and Arya never sees her again.

I want this to happen because Weasel really was one of the more poignant parts of Arya's storyline. A really, really sad case that showcases the effects of the war. The thought of this little girl all alone in the war-torn Riverlands is just so depressing :crying:

Rast comes back to the Wall before the Wildings attack and he's run through with a spear by some Thenn.

I'm fairly certain that Rast will be one of the wights that attack Bran and company. As for Karl, I'm hoping he returns to the Wall(which is highly unlikely) and is one of the men that stab Jon.

"You are a bastard. A wildling-fucking, oathbreaking bastard"

Is Karl pretty much Dirk like how Locke is Vargo

I think Dirk is the one who kills Craster so yeah, I would say. I hardly remember that character from the books at all so I looked up his fate and he's actually slain by Coldhands along with the other Night's Watch mutineers from Craster's Keep. Those are the bodies Bran eats on his way to Bloodraven as Summer. Never made the connection. So what DaveyJoe said could actually be true depending on if Coldhands is in the show.

I'm fairly certain that Rast will be one of the wights that attack Bran and company.

Considering Dirk/Karl's death in the books near Bloodraven's keep and Burn Gorman's unnerving performance, I think it would actually be rather cool to see him as a wight rather than Rast. Rast is a craven deep down. He's not scary. Karl is a "hard" man. Rast deserves to die like a coward while Karl is condemned to eternal servitude as a minion under the Others.

I agree with GNB. Rast deserves to die like the insect he is. As for being one of the men to stab Jon... no way would that happen. He wouldn't last a minute on the Wall without being imprisoned/killed. Ed, Grenn and Sam all saw what happened, and Jon wouldn't just let Mormont's killer get away with it.

No Strong Belwas? :(

Was hoping that he will make appearance in Season 4. Maybe they'll write him in as one of the slaves freed by Dany. Was looking forward to his fight scene with the champion from Mereen. Hopefully, they won't change it to Daario or Barristan.

Trying to keep the number of side characters around Dany down (which I suspect is also why they killed Irri) makes sense for the show, and Belwas really isn't important.

Plus, it would be really nice to see Sir Barristan fight for once. Although Daario seems a better candidate for the show.

After the castings events of yesterday ... this has been a strange year... seems there were some mysterious casting first and second season ... but seems D&D have been strained by season 4 ... more late casting and a good deal of secrecy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived