Jon Targaryen's Hand

Tyrion would be an unpopular choice among the people in KL as they still blame everything that happened leading up to the blackwater was his fault and the whole of Westeros believes he is a kinslayer and a poisoner.

Samwell, I think he is going to be Jon's #2 however this plays out. Stannis will not live and even though Tyrion would be the best hand I think he has too much bad history. A Lannister will not do. Or maybe a Manderly or even Mance Rayder depending on how the Battle for the North plays out. I think Mance Rayder is a possibility. Or Howland Reed.

If Jon becomes King, Samwell will stay on the wall, Stannis will be dead, and Tyrion is probably going back to the Rock. The only candidate I think fitting is Davos, he returns with Rickon and spends time on the wall where he and Jon bond.

To be honest, Tyrion is the best candidate for the position as Hand of the King. He gets things done. He can handle as well as make money. He can be diplomatic, and he can be cruel, when it's needed. He tries, from my understanding, to be just and .righteous. He's handled battles before. He's loyal to those loyal to him. He knows about the pleasures of all life, so he knows how to better arrange a tournament or a feast than say... Stannis. The only thing that goes against Tyrion, in my opinion, is his hideous appearance which might not always be welcomed.

I agree Tyrion would be a great Hand if given proper support and not too much into his vices.

The thing that goes against him more than his looks is his bad reputation, both among many smallfolk and lords, because of the bad things he did not do (he did do bad things but they do not know about those).

I hope he lives and influences the king positively. He could just be an advisor in the shadow. If he is to be accepted as Hand he will have to prove himself to many, i hope he will.

Archived