Jon Targaryen's Hand

If;

Jon = King

Then;

Val = Queen

Sam = Grand Maester

Tyrion = Hand

... other small council members are less clear.

Varys/Bran = Master of Whispers

Manderly = Master of Ships

? = Master of coin (hopefully LF is dead)

? = Lord commander of the Kings Guard ... might still be Jaime??

I fear Stannis is going to die in the fight for dawn.

Black moleskin gloves covered his hands; the right because it was burned, the left because a man felt half a fool for only wearing one glove.

Davos wears gloves to cover his hand with shortened fingers on his left hand compared to Jon's scarred right hand. I think this foreshadows Davos becoming Jon's Hand of the King, or as Aegpn called his Hand Orys Baratheon, "my right hand."

People are saying Sam, however, I couldn't see Jon doing so. I believe Jon would see Sam as being to weak to carry out his decrees. I mean, could you imagine Sam sitting the Iron Throne (or giving orders on behalf of the King) when Jon is off fighting wars/doing whatever?

I love Sam and think he's a strong person, however, leading men? I can't see it, and I believe Jon couldn't see it either.

Well, the Hand of the King is the second most powerful man after the King, so I think Jon would choose someone he could absolutely trust and was also capable enough to do the job well, and I think Sam is both... And he managed to get Jon elected as Lord Commander once he put his mind on it, which in my opinion shows he has good political talent!

But I agree that Sam would have to overcome his self esteem issues first.

I'm not sure Jon would appoint a Hand though... The Kings in the North didn't seem to have them and he's been raised in the North.

Well, the Hand of the King is the second most powerful man after the King, so I think Jon would choose someone he could absolutely trust and was also capable enough to do the job well, and I think Sam is both... And he managed to get Jon elected as Lord Commander once he put his mind on it, which in my opinion shows he has good political talent!

But I agree that Sam would have to overcome his self esteem issues first.

I'm not sure Jon would appoint a Hand though... The Kings in the North didn't seem to have them and he's been raised in the North.

Yea, I'm not sure if he would even have a Hand. I also look at Sam's inability to control Daeron while they were in Braavos as evidence of people not respecting him.

People are saying Sam, however, I couldn't see Jon doing so. I believe Jon would see Sam as being to weak to carry out his decrees. I mean, could you imagine Sam sitting the Iron Throne (or giving orders on behalf of the King) when Jon is off fighting wars/doing whatever?

I love Sam and think he's a strong person, however, leading men? I can't see it, and I believe Jon couldn't see it either.

IDK, Sam has grown a LIT since GoT. He's really not the weak willed kid that showed up at the wall. With everything he's been through and seen, he could very well become a great Hand. Just, intelligent, strong, and compassionate. He may be just the type of Hand that will be needed after the wars all finally stop.

Plus, how great would it be to see Randall react to his "weak, worthless" son, whom he cast out, become Hand of the King? Pretty poetic!

(But my vote is Dolores Edd... just because he's awesome!)

Would he let people from the Wall leave? Kinda makes sense if he leaves the Wall as well, but maybe Jon will not want to weaken the Wall, and instead restore it and therefore leave Sam and Edd at the wall.

Maybe he'll chose Tyrion as his hand. Or Davos. Or Stannis.

Archived