[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Final Two Episodes

Mya Stone

Can someone help please. What exactly were they saying in that last Grey Matter scene?

They basically said Walt's only contribution was his name 'White' in Grey Matter. They didn't even say that he was the one who came up with it. They separated Walt from them, saying that he had very little involvement in the company itself but more importantly its foundation.

I'm pretty sure that he already had his "revelation face" before they mentioned the meth popping up again. It has to deal with Grey Matter.

Edit: rewatched it, I was 100% wrong on the timing. I still think (hope) it has something to do with GM

Walt even does a very subtle "double take" at the Blue Meth revelation. It has nothing to do with Grey Matter - it's all Jesse.

I mean seriously, Breaking Bad is the relationship between Walt and Jesse. From a narrative and storytelling standpoint, the idea that Walt would be drawn out of exile by two people who haven't even been seen since what... the first season? It's ridiculous. As a simple matter of narrative drama, it has to be Jesse. This last episode is about the resolution of their relationship. That's the series.

GM bit was also about Walt's pride. Walt likes to delude himself into thinking he is actually Heisenberg, that he is this genius drug kingpin, when in fact he's just not.

The GM interview 1) revealed to Walt that Jesse was still alive and cooking and 2) that someone else was getting the credit for Heisenberg's work, two things Walt could never abide with.

Can't it be both Grey Matter and Jesse?

I don't think you can dismiss the Grey Matter angle as that has been part of Walt's simmering rage all along. Becoming Heisenberg was in part about taking back a degree of respect that his Grey Matter fallout had denied him.

I think the Gray Matter thing directly applies to his current situation. He was essentially forced to sell his share in his meth empire (stemming from his own product) for about 12% of what it was worth. Then the Gray Matter insult happened, and I think it was more of a message to Walt that he isn't close to done yet. And he's definitely coming for Jesse too.

I'm not sure how he would go after Gray Matter either. The mere association with Walt caused a significant drop in GM's stock prices. Maybe if he somehow announces that he played the biggest role in the company's rise, that may kill it for good. But I don't see how he has to go all Ricinator on GM.

Re: Ricin x Grey Matter.

How much harm can you really do with that tiny vial of ricin? I don't know how ricin works or what are the lethal doses, but to those suggesting that he might poison GM products: how could he do that, from a practical point of view? And how big a batch could he really contaminate with that tiny vial?

(not being snarky. Genuinely curious)

One thing that is bothering me: why is Saul leaving and getting a new identity? Is he wanted by the feds too?

I figured that Skyler gave him up or he at least assumes so. Plus, investigations will eventually turn up Saul. He had way too much heat.

Saul's biggest client and money-maker is public enemy number one, and Skyler has no reason not to name him when the feds pressure her, the smart move is to get out before it becomes too difficult. Saul's a pro, he knew the risks when he partnered with Walt, and he must have known it coulld end like this.

Walt even does a very subtle "double take" at the Blue Meth revelation. It has nothing to do with Grey Matter - it's all Jesse.

I mean seriously, Breaking Bad is the relationship between Walt and Jesse. From a narrative and storytelling standpoint, the idea that Walt would be drawn out of exile by two people who haven't even been seen since what... the first season? It's ridiculous. As a simple matter of narrative drama, it has to be Jesse. This last episode is about the resolution of their relationship. That's the series.

This makes sense. Walt going after GM did not even occur to me until I read it here, though anything is possible at this point.

For whatever reason, I got the sense that this was about his legacy. Not quite sure why I feel this way (probably need to rewatch the last scene to see if it makes sense), but I don't think he wants the blue meth to live on as a reminder of what he had become. Not quite sure whether he is going in to save Jesse or kill Jesse. Walt had a lot of time to reflect, so it is quite possible that he has "forgiven" Jesse. Though I did not see any sign of this and as Morpheus said, Walt probably does not realize how, um, unwilling, a cook Jesse is.

Completely random guess: Walt is going in to destroy the meth operation (and possibly kill Jesse) to make sure that there is no more blue meth. Sees the state Jesse is in. We have yet another scene of Jesse airing his grievances but this time Walt accepts all the blame. Jesse ends up killing him. With ricin (because it has to be used at some point).

Isn't the whole connection to the Nazis brought on by their need to hit the men in prison? The neo-nazis have prison connects. That is how Walter came into contact with them. White power groups are a big operating force within the global prison system. Nothing about them seems improbable, given how they came into the show. They are hardened douches because of time they spent in lock-up and probably life-long crime before that.

Yep. Seems so many people are looking for holes in the writing they are running right over it.

They are all convicts. It is not uncommon at all for white guys to get swept up into the Aryan Brotherhood during lock-up. You find your choices really slim. Just because they have jail-house Aryan tats doesn't mean they are consumed with racism.

In referance to other posts...

I also have a bit of a problem with the "all-powerful" aura they seem to have. It wasn't Walt who worked out the details of all those prisoners killed in a 2 minute window. If they were that organized and coordinated, they would never have spent time in jail in the first place.

As far as "all criminals wear black with masks".... really? maybe on tv they do. In real life people break into houses wearing all kinds of things and rarely have masks.

My predicted ending is that Walt uses the ricin on himself, mows down the Nazis with the machine gun, gives Jesse the money and has him get lost and the final scene is Walt in court, about to be arraigned, dying.

Yeah I am thinking something close to the same. I don't want to make predictions though, each season has had suprising twists.

Archived