Aerys II Targaryen

adiman83

I don't know if it's been done but let's give it a try.

Who would you cast as The Mad King?

For me only one option is the correct one and that's Jeremy Irons. He did a great job as a Morlock in The Time Machine

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8284/7735699228_f26ec639f9_z.jpg

http://mimg.ugo.com/201102/7/0/5/171507/cuts/morlock_480x480.jpg

And he has the whole voice thing going on. Just imagine him saying "Burn them all"

There's just screengrabs from the internal HBO pilot they shot. HBO recast some roles (including Dany and Catelyn), and reshot a lot of the material and cut the flashback scene (where the mad king burns Rickard while Brandon strangles himself trying to save him).

just google search it and you'll see the image of Brandon with Aerys in the background (blurry and unrecognizable).

• 9 months later...

Problem with Cristopher Lee would be his age. I think Aerys died at 38years old, even though it was stated that he looked much older. With the right beard and hair I could root for Bryan Cranston, though my fanboyism makes me want him in every role :)

Problem with Cristopher Lee would be his age. I think Aerys died at 38years old, even though it was stated that he looked much older. With the right beard and hair I could root for Bryan Cranston, though my fanboyism makes me want him in every role :)

I can totally understand that. Cranston rocks!

I tend to forget how old some actors are, Lee among them. He's just got such presence. Aerys needs that kind of pull so that even when you're horrified by what he does you can't take your eyes from him.

Agreed with Halb, that he would have been a great Bloodraven.

• 9 months later...

Archived