Why did Penny's attack on Tyrion changed the widow's mind about helping him and Jorah?

The Sleeper

What the title says. As the conversation/supplication reaches an impasse and it looks like blood is about to flow, Penny attacks Tyrion with a dagger trying to kill him. The widow on the waterfront makes a sarcastic comment about knights defending the weak and also states that Volantis is unsafe for dwarves and offers Jorah and Tyrion a place on a ship bound for Qarth that would never reach its destination and bids them to carry a message to Daenerys about the potential allies that wait for her in Volantis.

Doe anyone have a good explanation of her shift in attitude?

When Jorah points out that they are not looking to go to Qarth, the widow answers thus:

"She will never reach Qarth. Benerro has seen it in his fires." The crone smiled a vulpine smile.

The question here is why did Benerro tell the widow this? He didn't need to tell her anything to book passage for Moqorro. I think he told her this because Benerro (like Moqorro later) saw Tyrion in the flames and went to the widow and said something like, "When you see a dwarf being attacked by another dwarf, put both of them on the Selaesori Qhoran so they reach Meereen." The red priests seem to think Tyrion will be important to Dany.

I thought about this too and as far as I can tell there's nothing in the text that explains her change of heart.

First thing that comes to mind is that the scene w the dwarves somehow matches a prophecy by Benerro. Maybe she wasnt entirelly convinced about Tyrion being Tyrion until Penny attackd him, Id wager she knew Penny's story and would be able to recognize Tyrion.

It's possible Benerro saw Tyrion and Penny in his flames as well, and saw they would come to ask the widow for help, so he told her how to recognize the right dwarfs. If so, she could have stalled by saying no until Penny had appeared, since, if Benerro really had seen it in his flames, she would know Penny would arrive shortly after Tyrion and Jorah.

I haven't read this part in a while and I don't have my book with me atm, but...

Wasn't Jorah the one she had a problem with? I don't recall her being negative towards Tyrion at any specific point and personally thought she seemed rather interested in Tyrion.

I don't think Pennys attack changed her mind and she was planning on helping them out from the start, which could indeed be due to a vision Benerro had.

Archived