Novellas worth reading?

The Iron Banker

Princess and the Queen are set in Essos? Damn I really need to read that. DRAGONS

No, the Princess and the Queen is set in Westeros.

I was trying to explain where the common mistakes are in the maps on the internet, compared to the maps from Lands.

The huge maps about Westeros was extremely useful when reading the Princess and the Queen, since they fight at so many cities. That's what I meant :p

No, the Princess and the Queen is set in Westeros.

I was trying to explain where the common mistakes are in the maps on the internet, compared to the maps from Lands.

The huge maps about Westeros was extremely useful when reading the Princess and the Queen, since they fight at so many cities. That's what I meant :P

Oh alright hehe, talk of fights and dragon really gets me excited to read it! \

Its a shame I have to wait until after christmas until I can start reading these novellas, due to time issues

More detailed? That looks like the known world map from my set.

That's because it is the known world map from the set :P

But this is a small version, and you can't read any of the names on it. The maps in real life are bigger, and the details are better visible.

Honestly, I love the maps, and they were a huge help reading the Princess and the Queen. Most of the maps on the internet, though some come very close, make big mistakes in Essos, about the location of Ibben, and about the locations of Sothoryos and the Summer Isles. Only the Westeros parts of those maps are accurate, since they are mostly depicted in the books.

This is what I meant, the real one is more detailed because it is huge by comparison. That is actually just a small scan of the real one.(Or so I assume)

Yes.

Be quite careful though. They are kind of expensive.

Not entirely true. Shop around a bit like I did and you can get them quite cheap. I got the 3 hardcover books containing the Dunk & Egg stories off eBay for a total of $9 (+shipping). Princess and the Queen is a little bit more now because it's new, but I'm sure if you waited a few months you could find that book cheap as well.

But yeah, definitely worth reading!

Not entirely true. Shop around a bit like I did and you can get them quite cheap. I got the 3 hardcover books containing the Dunk & Egg stories off eBay for a total of $9 (+shipping). Princess and the Queen is a little bit more now because it's new, but I'm sure if you waited a few months you could find that book cheap as well.

But yeah, definitely worth reading!

$9 lol thats nothing!

I thought they were like 200/300 :(

No, but those pages suck you in just as much as the novels do, for me anyway. And since they are more focused as far as characters go they seem like more story, whereas the novels you have so many characters in so many places it's kind of hard to put the whole story together.

Okay cool, i just can't imagine GRRM writing a 100-150 page story hahah

Well he plans to do many more Dunk and Eggs, as many as a dozen total I believe. So in the end the story of Dunk and Egg will be about the size of one of his normal books, but only focusing on 2 characters.

Archived