In terms of atrocities committed, are dany and Stannis equal?

E-Ro

Dany did something no other character did except for Beric Dondarrion which is helping the people. You know the oppressed, those who get shit upon, those who suffer most when the lords play their game of thrones, the weak, the slaves, the powerless... She at least tried Stannis concerns himself only with his "birthright" and doesn't care who he tramples on the way to his beloved Iron Throne. Stannis beat his brother with dark magic, not only that, after committing this foul act he still presumes to judge others harshly as if he's better than everybody else. He's a hypocrite. He doesn't care about killing the innocent a slong as it furthers his cause.

Dany killed MMD after she betrayed her. She's also fully aware that even though she tries to help people that sometimes this backfires and things end up even worse for them. This thought torments Dany. She cares about those who follow her. Despite it not being in her best interest she stayed and freed the slaves. She then fought to keep them free, to keep the fighting pits closed even though this goes against her own interests. She's the only player that puts the smallfolk first. She serves them.

The people she crucified was because when she was marching to Meereen they crucified innocent children first. And I'm not sure how people read the books but she was clearly conflicted about it. I don't see Dany's actions as atrocities rather a young girl trying to do what needs o be done in a harsh world. Those people Stannis burnt weren't enslaving people, or make them fight to the death or pit them against lions etc. when they knew they couldn't win. They weren't making Unsullied, castrating young boys and turning them into fighting zombies. How quickly we forget the atrocities these people were doing against the slaves.

But yeah, hail Stannis whatever, right. Cause fuck freedom and fuck decency and fuck the smallfolk and the powerless.

well, stepping back and looking at what happened between them objectively, I can honestly say I dont care about this. The two were at war, one of them was going to die. It just happened to be renly.

also, why is killing someone you are related to any worse then killing anyone?

for me, he didn't do it like a man, he used magic, if your going to kill your own blood do it face to face!

I'm surprised at you E-RO, I never expected you to get all critical on Stannis

Both Stannis and Dany have done horrible things especially in the terms of executions. I'm all for the death penalty, but it should always be done humanely. Crucifixion and Burning at the stake are probably the two cruelest and tremendously inhumane forms of execution ever.

Frustrated Dany fan, right here guys!

No, just pointing out the truth. However "cruel" you deem Dany's actions to be the people she's fighting were a lot worse. I don't mind your blind adoration of Stannis but there's no need to put dany down because you love him.

I also love how you're unable to refute any of my arguments so you decide to call me frustrated. Scathing...

Stannis murdered his own brother, in my opinion that is unforgivable.

Daenerys murdered his own child. They both participated in a black sorcery spell and knew there were going to be consequences. Daenerys addmits she knew even in his own POV.

Difference is, Rhaego wasnt usurping anyone rights and rising against his older brother and rightful king.

Dany did something no other character did except for Beric Dondarrion which is helping the people. You know the oppressed, those who get shit upon, those who suffer most when the lords play their game of thrones, the weak, the slaves, the powerless... She at least tried Stannis concerns himself only with his "birthright" and doesn't care who he tramples on the way to his beloved Iron Throne. Stannis beat his brother with dark magic, not only that, after committing this foul act he still presumes to judge others harshly as if he's better than everybody else. He's a hypocrite. He doesn't care about killing the innocent a slong as it furthers his cause.

Stannis helps his people when he goes to the wall to save the NW, you know, the whole king who cared thing?

“I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.”

Few of the birds that Aemon had sent off had returned as yet. One found Stannis, though. One found Dragonstone, and a king who still cared

HE also does care about killing innocents, as he didnt just rush to kill edric the moment he finds out this can help him. your assertion here is categorically false.

Dany killed MMD after she betrayed her. She's also fully aware that even though she tries to help people that sometimes this backfires and things end up even worse for them. This thought torments Dany. She cares about those who follow her. Despite it not being in her best interest she stayed and freed the slaves. She then fought to keep them free, to keep the fighting pits closed even though this goes against her own interests. She's the only player that puts the smallfolk first. She serves them.

Staying and freeing the slaves wasnt in her best interests? It nets her tons of followers and a free army of 8 thousand unsullied. Yeah, im gonna say it was in her interests.

The people she crucified was because when she was marching to Meereen they crucified innocent children first. And I'm not sure how people read the books but she was clearly conflicted about it. I don't see Dany's actions as atrocities rather a young girl trying to do what needs o be done in a harsh world. Those people Stannis burnt weren't enslaving people, or make them fight to the death or pit them against lions etc. when they knew they couldn't win. They weren't making Unsullied, castrating young boys and turning them into fighting zombies. How quickly we forget the atrocities these people were doing against the slaves.

Who cares if she is a young girl? This is like me saying "stannis atrocities are rather a bald man trying to do what needs to be done in a harsh world" It is irrelevant that she is young. The people Stannis burned would have been killed by any other lord in westeros just as fast.

But yeah, hail Stannis whatever, right. Cause fuck freedom and fuck decency and fuck the smallfolk and the powerless.

You mad?

I think Dany's motives are more honorable. Astapor and Meereen happened because Dany wanted to get rid of slavery, a noble cause.

On the other hand, Stannis burns people to death for selfish reasons. He was ready to burn his own nephew, a child, so that he could be king. Until Davos talks him out of it. I don't see Dany even contemplate burning to death an innocent child just so she can be queen of Westeros.

No, just pointing out the truth. However "cruel" you deem Dany's actions to be the people she's fighting were a lot worse. I don't mind your blind adoration of Stannis but there's no need to put dany down because you love him.

I also love how you're unable to refute any of my arguments so you decide to call me frustrated. Scathing...

Well i also liked how you use the word "fuck" showed a lot of decency. Scathing.....

I'm surprised at you E-RO, I never expected you to get all critical on Stannis

Oh, im not being critical. I just think the Burnings are wrong, is all. Thats my only issue with him. I still love him and to me, he walks on water.

On the other hand, Stannis burns people to death for selfish reasons. He was ready to burn his own nephew, a child, so that he could be king. Until Davos talks him out of it. I don't see Dany even contemplating burning to death an innocent child just so that she can be queen of Westeros.

Mass Cruxification anyone?

<snip>

Here's what it comes down to, for me: Intentions mean little, if anything, if the results are terrible. Dany's admittedly decent intentions pale in comparison to the damage she's caused, up to and including an entire city, Astapor, being all but wiped out. I think you'll also find that despite her abolitionist reputation, she's much more elastic regarding slavery than a lot of people are willing to admit. She's using slave labor herself in ADWD, and is either oblivious to that fact or unable to admit it.

Or, think of it this way: If GRRM has to pit Dany against slavers, puppy eaters and child murderers in order to make her look good in comparison, is that really a glowing endorsement? You've given a list of the awful people Dany has faced, but have you ever questioned why her opponents are written that way, what the underlying motivation is behind it?

She crucified innocent children to be Queen of Westeros?

No, she just crucified 163 people to set an example. She also tortured a wine sellers daughters.

also, did stannis kill any kids? I am drawing a blank on this.

No, she just crucified 163 people to set an example. She also tortured a wine sellers daughters.

also, did stannis kill any kids? I am drawing a blank on this.

Nah, man they'll bring up Edric Storm, even though he didn't kill him, they make it sound like it is actually worst than Killing 163 innocent people.

Archived