What if Tyrion was tall..............

Feliciano69

............and hadn't "killed" his mother ?

I wondered about this from time to time while thinking about his character ?

My conclussion ?

He would've been THE WORST Lannister by far, leaving Jaime and Cersei to be practically Ghandi and Mother Teresa. Without his handicap I feel his morality would've been completely influenced by Tywin, who would've never had any reason to hate him, and seeing his ambition and intelligence, he quickly would've stepped over Jaime and Cersei.

What do you guys and gals think ?

An interesting question, but nearly impossible to answer. A tall Tyrion wouldn't be Tyrion, he would be a tall Lannister named Tyrion.

Still, I suspect Tyrion would still inevitably fight with his father over something, probably emulating his Uncle Gerion.

I mean, despite trying to groom Jamie to be his heir, Jaime still went his own way and joined the King's Guard.

I don't see any particular reason he would be super evil. He would probably be a little further south on the jerk spectrum. Yet, even after the super hard lessons he learned during A Storm of Swords, he still has these moments of kindness: Trying to help Penny, saving Jorah.

An interesting question, but nearly impossible to answer. A tall Tyrion wouldn't be Tyrion, he would be a tall Lannister named Tyrion.

Still, I suspect Tyrion would still inevitably fight with his father over something, probably emulating his Uncle Gerion.

I mean, despite trying to groom Jamie to be his heir, Jaime still went his own way and joined the King's Guard.

I don't see any particular reason he would be super evil. He would probably be a little further south on the jerk spectrum. Yet, even after the super hard lessons he learned during A Storm of Swords, he still has these moments of kindness: Trying to help Penny, saving Jorah.

A very good point, certainly Tyrion is defined (partially at least) by his handicap, and whatever good and bad that has brought upon him.

Personally, without his small stature, I would think there would be no moral bound or force to stop him from being molded to his father's desires; just think about it, if Tyrion hadn't been born with the defect, and Joanna was still alive, Tywin would never hate him, and due to Jaime and Cersei's behavior, he would make Tyrion his favorite son and probably teach him everything he knows.

Auntie Genna calls him Tywin's real son, so he might grow up to be just that, and with Jaime in the KG he'd be heir to Casterly Rock without question. He could even wind up married to Sansa. Heh.

If Joanna lived Jamie will not be in the Kingsguard.

Tyrion could in the end have a "Hand" position in C.R or be a major force in K.L with Tywinn.

Well, Tywin would've loved Tyrion and made him his favorite and arranged for him to inherit the Rock after his death. I see no reason at all why Tywin and a normal length Tyrion would come to blows over just about anything.

Furthermore Tyrion's empathy for people like Bran would be a great deal smaller as he would not himself be the subject of various discrimination. So he would pretty much be a Tywin v.2.0 (which would be freaking awesome by the way!)

And Jaime never "joined" the Kingsguard but Aerys appointed him, Jaime had little to do with it himself - regardless what Cersei and he himself might have thought about it.

Well, Tywin would've loved Tyrion and made him his favorite and arranged for him to inherit the Rock after his death. I see no reason at all why Tywin and a normal length Tyrion would come to blows over just about anything.

Furthermore Tyrion's empathy for people like Bran would be a great deal smaller as he would not himself be the subject of various discrimination. So he would pretty much be a Tywin v.2.0 (which would be freaking awesome by the way!)

And Jaime never "joined" the Kingsguard but Aerys appointed him, Jaime had little to do with it himself - regardless what Cersei and he himself might have thought about it.

Well it could be possible but I doubt Tywinn will just pronounce Tyrion his heir. Line of succession is a really B.F.D in hierarchal socities. It is no way a meritocracy and Tywinn will really need something to pass over Jamie. (Was thinking if Tywinn could do a "soft" Sam with the KG.)

Well if Aerys wanted to humilate Tywinn and jam him inheritance it does not manner if Tyrion was not a drawf. With your reasoning he will be doing Tywinn a huge favor.

Also people are forgetting "Everything good inTywinn died with Joanna". Tywinn will be less cruel and cold that we know in the series since Joanna will be alive.

So many variables to consider.

• Would Tywin have felt cheated at Joanna's death if Tyrion were a carbon copy of Jaime?
  • Would Tyrion have sharpened his wits if he could wield a sword?
  • Would Tywin have taken Cersei back to CR once Jaime got his white cloak?
So many ripples in the pond.

1. I think in the end it was a double whammy with Joanna dying and being a Drawf. I think it will be a cold between Tywinn/Tyrion but not the extremes we got.

2. Tyrion did not appear to be bad martial wise in the books. Best I can figure is how well he will be in comparison to Jaime. If he is not than I think pride will want him to go into a area he can distinguish himself in relation. He can also decide it will be the family interest if one is more skill in politics than having 2 great warriors.

3. If Tyrion was tall than their will not be a succession issue. At least by the time we got to Cersei Pov she presented as a plan for her to get named heir to C.R. That stated motivation will not be their. If we follow by O.P than Cersei will most likely be in Sunspear bethroned to Oberyn. (Do not see Jamie/Elia. Joanna wanted to get them seperate after the discovered "incident" and I do not see thr advantage of marrying both to the same house).

Archived