Favorite Chapter

Belisarius09

It has to be Jon's POV chapter when he becomes Lord Comander. In the beginning of the chapter he is broken. He is torn between going to Winterfell and staying at the watch. Then Ghost returns. His reaction to ghost was so touching.

The whole chapter was perfect. I thought it was done beautifully one moment he feels alone and is lost then he is lord commander. It was one of the few happy moments in the series.

Jaime's first chapter in Feast when he stands vigil for his father is my favourite whole chapter, as I loved every word of it.

The best scene must be Sansa's snow castle. The whole passage reads like the first snowfall of a winter feels like, all the white silence and clarity.

Red Wedding is great, but it's not a chapter I can bring myself to reread very often.

Catelyn's chapter in Clash where she meets with Renly's bannerman is also equal parts of beautiful and sad. Those are knights of summer and the winter is coming. and Brienne's response. *sniff*

Mercy gift chapter! I love reading about Arya in Braavos. Through all the released books and even WoW gift chapters she has had the most consistantly entertaining chapters to me. I never get bored or, want to skip past them in re-reads. I actually get excited when I see her character chapter headings.

Archived