Nice things about Cersei

rmd

When she noticed her dresses were too snug and jumped to the (hilarious) conclusion that her seamstresses were deliberately shrinking the dresses by removing stitching from them (instead of, you know, Cersei getting a beer gut from her Robert-esque drinking problem), she decides their punishment will be to dock their pay.

While this is still an instance of punishing the innocent, this is far more lenience than we usually see from Cersei and it's a bit of relief to see their are some crimes and slights that even she recognizes do not warrant the most heavy handed reprisal imaginable. At other points in this book, even in that chapter, she condemns people to Qyburn's clutches. Those seamstresses really did get off light.

When she noticed her dresses were too snug and jumped to the (hilarious) conclusion that her seamstresses were deliberately shrinking the dresses by removing stitching from them (instead of, you know, Cersei getting a beer gut from her Robert-esque drinking problem), she decides their punishment will be to dock their pay.

While this is still an instance of punishing the innocent, this is far more lenience than we usually see from Cersei and it's a bit of relief to see their are some crimes and slights that even she recognizes do not warrant the most heavy handed reprisal imaginable.

I'm pretty sure she wanted to have them whipped, but Taena convinced her to only take it out of their pay.

Knocked down, but she has enough hate to breathe.

She's got at least one more heinous outrage left to commit, I think. And it's gonna be glorious, except I'll surely hate it (please please please don't let it end in Marge being beheaded)

Marg must live!

She's defiant more than perseverant.

Defiance is one way to persevere. ;)

Cersei seems to really only possess one noble virtue. That is perseverance. She will continue to seek to preserve what she has set out to do. Even after her Walk, she still perseveres. She gives the illusion that its broken her, and it certainly has chipped something away from her, but its not gonna stop her. Kevan thinks she is "declawed", but he is very far from the truth....

Yeah.

And she's a pretty accurate shot when it comes to throwing wine.

Taena did not seem to convince her to detract the pay She just told her to be more merciful to the smallfolk.

For all we know, it wasn't a kindness. Remember, these are a Queen's gowns. I have a hard time believing she just deducted a small amount of pay from their wages.

She thinks of a new gown she got and how it had some "costly Myrish laces" or something.

Ah. True.

Still, even whipping them is Kindler, Gentler Cersei. Amazingly enough. (Remember: this is the book where she hands people over to Qyburn)

So we're giving Cersei credit for deducting pay from her underlyings as opposed to having them flogged?

I may have interpreted that wrong

So we're giving Cersei credit for deducting pay from her underlyings as opposed to having them flogged?

I may have interpreted that wrong

Well the Lannister's have managed to define deviancy and meanness down quite a bit.

At this point, anyone dealing with Cersei has to count themselves lucky if they're not being sent to Qyborn.

Archived