GRRM is a slow writer?

winters-coming

Thanks. I like Gaiman's approach on it too. I've been in the fandom for 14 years now and have pretty much made peace with the idea it could be 14 more years until it's done. I've gone years at a time pretty much forgetting the books even exist.

I feel the need to post this link every time the Gaimen post comes up.

The funny thing is I actually would love it if GRRM would take as long as he wants and write us the best possible books. I could care less about the TV show overtaking the books. It's the books that count & I'm sure Martin knows this. I really really believe that Mr. Martin is dedicated to writing us the best possible ending to this series.

I guess I'm being pedantic because I totally 100% agree that GRRM is not anyone's bitch. But to quote that post I linked to:

And the idea the an author will sell you part 1 of a story and just decide “Naa, I’ve decided I’m not going to write the rest of that story. You can just make up your own ending.” and that we should be OK with that, is ludicrous. And the reality is, any author that regularly pulled such a stunt would soon find him or herself without a readership.

Again before I get flamed, I don't think GRRM would pull this on us. ASOAIF is his masterwork for which he will be remembered for generations. Why on earth would he want to leave it unfinished?

So what I guess I am trying to say is that GRRM is not our bitch, but we are not his bitches either. We both love this story and want it to be finished properly. We're in this together.

How'd this get to six pages without a mention:

George R.R. Martin is not your bitch.

Going back to the question of trolling...

it seems to me that in a topic titled "GRRM is a slow writer?",

with everyone discussing the reasons (real or imagined) of him being (or not being) a slow writer,

and/or the consequences of such;

that anyone coming in and just posting a link to some other blog outside of this forum that is

1) a very old and overused post, and

2) doesn't actually contribute anything on it's own, but just links outside

is a lot closer to the definition of trolling...

Michael Moorcock used to knock out Elric novels in three days. Perhaps he should help GRRM to finish the series.

Moorcock used to spend a few weeks planning the novel, then take lots of speed, and write non-stop for 48 hours.

ASOIAF on speed. Now there's an idea...

[MOD]

As usual this topic has run it's course.

There have been then the inevitable insults and complaints. All the points that can be made have been made, for the umpteenth time on this forum.

We have let it go on long enough.

[/MOD]

Archived