Who is Littlefinger going to wage war against?

Guard of the Rainking

The Twins and then the westerland while the lannister are fighting Aegon south of KL

The Blackfish will arrive in the Vale, stir up the Lords, and force Little Finger into action. Little Finger will see an opportunity to gain the complete loyalty of his bannermen in a just cause (not that he gives a rats ass about it being just personally), lose some of those more difficult bannermen (war is a bitch, and things happen lol), and seize both the Riverlands and Casterley Rock. This will also be the best course of action at the time because it will happen at the same time the Lannister Tyrell Alliance melts into war over the lunacy of Cercei and the plotting of the Queen of Thorns.

Harry will die heroically (all according to plan) and Littlefinger will reveal Sansa and wed her (that will be the plan anyways).

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't wage was against anyone. He seems like the type to run an infinite shell game with his two trump cards - the Vale's untouched army and the legitimate heir to the North - promising both or either to other factions without ever delivering.

If his plan is to marry Sansa to Harry and convince them to go independent, uniting North, Riverlands and Vale as one kingdom, then his main opponents would be Aegon, Dany, and Euron.

But of course, his plan is obviously doomed as long as Bran, Rickon, Edmure, and Sweet Robin live. Not to mention other wildcards like Bronze Yhon, Ser Shadrich, and Sansa herself

Oh, yeah, when news of Rickon gets out, Sansa will be singing hosannas, and wanting to get on the first ship to White Harbor, while LF will be ENRAGED. He'll try to argue it's not *really* Rickon but a ringer like FakeArya, but if ShaggyDog makes it with them, that's pretty positive proof as far as Sansa and the Northern Lords are concerned.

We know he's poisoning SR, and I suspect he's got plans for Edmure and Roslin as well, (which doesn't mean his plans will necessarily work-anything can and does happen in these books,) but Rickon...that changes everything. Then there's Robb's will and and if the truth about Jon gets out too...whoa.

LF might hope to get Sansa to denounce Rickon or Jon as fakes and try to supplant them but he'd be grievously disappointed on that one. One thing I don't think LF will anticipate, is not only how family oriented Sansa is, but that she doesn't really want her various claims. She sees them as bait for the worse elements and standing in the way of any hopes of marrying for love. She wouldn't step aside for Jeyne Poole, (much as she pities her,) out of respect for the mantra "There must always be a Stark at Winterfell," but if there are any bona fide male heirs with Stark blood, around she'd be delighted to support their claim instead.

And yeah, LF is going to hope he can continue as he has, using pens and plots rather than actual armies to win his way to the top, but I don't think that's going to be an option for him for very much longer, not just with the warring factions, but with the threats beyond the Wall and east Across the Sea...

The Twins and then the westerland while the lannister are fighting Aegon south of KL

The Twins are ok.

He needs an excuse to not entry in some other's war while not raising suspiction.

He could let the Freys be bled in the north and then accuse them for not swearing him fealty as the Paramount Lord of the Riverlands, and go pick the spoils. Most people would cheer him for this, and he would have access to the yieldings of the crossing.

Another possibility is a campaing against the mountain clans. He gains time while getting rid of an annoyance, always in his own interest. Most people at the Vale and the Riverlands would salute him for ending with that scourge.

Or, should the Tyrrells take on the HS, he could attack old Darry fiefdom to take it from the traitor Lancel Lannister. The Tirrells would appreciate this, and this would be a way to go against Lancel's uncle in Riverrrun.

He needs a lordship to raise Bronze Yohn second son, as well. It must be lesser than Royce. Darry could do, or Harroway, closer to the Vale.

I guess he is after Riverrun, whom is he reserving HH?

I don't think it's Edmure, he'll try his best to subtlely provoque the Lannister to kill him. How? Perhaps killing Jaime?

Who, then? :dunno:

I want someone to kill him so Sansa has control of the Vale and Riverlands to do as she pleases- taking out the Twins and later meeting up with Rickon who will become King in the North.

......wishful thinking, please come true!

I really can't see little finger waging a war with anyone. In the next two books I'm guessing the Starks will start emerging- Rickon (the true heir is alive), Jon is a Targeryen (and legitimized Stark), Bran is alive...all screwing up Little Fingers plans.

If the Blackfish goes to the Vale, what is going to stop Sansa from telling him what LF did? I think the Tullys have been slighted thinking the Blackfish taking over the Vale and Riverlands would be appropriate

The Blackfish would be an excellent candidate for being Robin's Regent if LF is deposed or killed, since he's family and connected to the Vale too.

If the Blackfish goes to the Vale, what is going to stop Sansa from telling him what LF did? I think the Tullys have been slighted thinking the Blackfish taking over the Vale and Riverlands would be appropriate

Sansa won't trust the BF, just like every other person who would help her that she did not trust. She only trusts those who mean to manipulate her or do her harm. It is her modis operendi.

I think she would trust him. He is well respected and kin.

So was Lysa.

Littlefinger will whisper in Sansa's ear and she will not reveal herself to him. These have been Sansa's actions for five books now, there is nothing in print to suggest that she will change, except wishful thinking.

Sansa may be naive but she's not stupid. By now, her fate is tied to LF. And she could not prove to Brynden who she really are.

If LF is ever overthrown, her life would likely by threatened, and, at the very least, her honor.

It's a good point, having said that Blackfish probably knows that nobody will be upset if kills LF and takes over

Sansa may be naive but she's not stupid. By now, her fate is tied to LF. And she could not prove to Brynden who she really are.

If LF is ever overthrown, her life would likely by threatened, and, at the very least, her honor.

or Sansas cover being blown might be the reason LF gets overthrown

Lysa was not well respected. Everyone knew she was crazy

Really and when did Sansa find that out? How about the moment she was hanging out the Moondoor.

Growing up she never heard anything bad about her aunt. Cat even trusts Lysa so much she thinks it's a good idea to bring Tyrion to the Vale.

This except the stupid part. She has not shown herself to be quick witted or clever. Her thought process is only skin deep. She makes character judgements based on looks. Margery and Joff are pretty so she trusts them, the Hound and Tyrion are ugly so she does not trust them.

Her sole redeeming moment, that was not self serving, and mildly clever, was saving Dontos.

Her fate will be what Littlefinger chooses for her until he is dead.

The Blackfish would be an excellent candidate for being Robin's Regent if LF is deposed or killed, since he's family and connected to the Vale too.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. He's also the obvious candidate for Regent if Edmure dies, but his child with Roslin lives.

I actually think, Sansa would be willing to take a chance on the Blackfish, (and her resemblance to Cat is proof of identity,) but right now she is for obvious reasons, playing it safe. She'd like to trust Bronze Yohn, but he might turn her into Cersei, believing the regicide charge.

I also think it's possible she might take a chance on the Vale lords, if;

a. One of them did something that made her more inclined to trust them-or she learned something-like one of them was hiding the Blackfish.

b. Something changed the status quo to make her more eager to get away from LF; i.e. learning about the role he played in Ned's death, or realizing he's planning on killing SR.

Archived