Is Daenerys becoming queen a good thing for Westeros?

Vamos

The snippet they just showed on Vine of trailer #2 for Season 4 that's playing this Sunday showed Dany on her throne looking at the Dragon food/burnt body w/ a weird pleased look on her face and ominous music playing. The show is purposefully making moves to show Dany might not be the greatest ruler, and may even have a taint of Targaryan madness.

https://vine.co/GameofThrones

https://vine.co/v/M7rVhUhQDbi/embed

The snippet they just showed on Vine of trailer #2 for Season 4 that's playing this Sunday showed Dany on her throne looking at the Dragon food/burnt body w/ a weird pleased look on her face and ominous music playing. The show is purposefully making moves to show Dany might not be the greatest ruler, and may even have a taint of Targaryan madness.

Do you have a link for that?

Bit of a misnomer for a thread? Else, one that deserves to be in the book forum.

Edit: also nothing in that vine to suggest that Dany is looking at Hazzea's body, or with a pleased look on her face. I don't usually do this but seriously wtf are you on about sort your perspectives out.

Don't talk to me like I'm crazy. Yes the clip is brief, but it's a pretty strong speculation. The actor who plays "sheepheard" tweeted a pic of himself w/ that turban outfit same as the supplicant before Dany in the clip. & yes, she will be losing some of her luster in season 4&5, that's just part of her story. Banishing Jorah, chaining her Dragons, etc. The snippets we've seen point in that direction. & sullied & casual fans will be especially fed up w/ her never gtfo ing to Westeros after 5+ seasons. How would you describe her facial expression in the clip? She's wearing a little smirk.

That last succession crisis led to the War of Five Kings; so what good would there be in placing the 'mother of dragons' on the Throne when it seems likely she will fail to produce an heir and plunge the realm into a succession crisis once again?

(in fairness, the same could be said for Stannis, lets be honest, Shireen isn't going to hold down the Iron Throne)

Only the Targaryens, an outsider, can truly unite the kingdoms long-term, and if they are to die with Dany (excluding for the moment my personal bet, Aegon) then what use is there in seeking to preserve this artificial union, why not return to the seven kingdoms of old? Surely a settlement the High Lords of Westeros would be agreeable to?

Only the Targaryens, an outsider, can truly unite the kingdoms long-term, and if they are to die with Dany (excluding for the moment my personal bet, Aegon) then what use is there in seeking to preserve this artificial union, why not return to the seven kingdoms of old? Surely a settlement the High Lords of Westeros would be agreeable to?

It would certainly be for the best in the long run, but right now the borders are way too muddled to draw borders anymore. Who gets what? Do the Lannisters get Westerlands, Riverlands AND Crownlands? What happens to the Stormlands that have been balkanized by allegiances? Which claimant is going to be willing to even negotiate on this?

There never have been good kinds in Westeros. Its always been the men behind them. Aerys had Tywin. Robert had Jon Arryn and Ned. Stannis has Davos. Robb has Catelyn and his bannerman but he didn't listen and look how that turned out for him. Dany has Jorah and Barristan which are always the one to give her good council but she often disagrees and neglects their council. Likewise Davos is the voice of reason for Stannis.

I hope they stay true to the book because the morally grey characters where you make up your own mind about them are fascinating.

Daeron II, Aegon V, Viserys I and Jaehaerys I would like a word with you.

That last succession crisis led to the War of Five Kings; so what good would there be in placing the 'mother of dragons' on the Throne when it seems likely she will fail to produce an heir and plunge the realm into a succession crisis once again?

(in fairness, the same could be said for Stannis, lets be honest, Shireen isn't going to hold down the Iron Throne)

Before Aegon's conquest there were thousands of years of incessant warfare between the kingdoms, The Targaryen 300 years of history saw hardly a dozen war or so. To the Westerosi one king to rule them all equals peace, law and prosperity.

Archived