Is Daenerys becoming queen a good thing for Westeros?

Vamos

As the show has progressed and after seeing the trailer for the next season I am really not too sure that she is good news. I've always gotten this subtle evil/wicked vibe about her which it seems will come more into the foreground in the next season.

I love Dany but even I have to admit she is not good news for Westeros. As she said in SoS,how can she rule seven kingdoms,if she cannot rule one city?"

I have long since thought that both Dany and Jon Snow are larger than life characters who will enter mythology of that world. Seeing her in the promos for season four,she scares me.

I doubt that Dany would be a good Queen. After having read the books again and again, and watching the TV-Show I've come to notice Dany's flaws a lot more than on the first time around. She's not necessarily a bad person per say, but she lacks the formal education to make an able administrator and her life in Essos has made her... questionable. The entire time she's spent in the Slavers Bay has ensured that only a few would ever truly trust her word and what is a ruler whom nobody trusts supposed to do? People might not dare rebel against someone with three dragons, but even if she isn't poisoned... what about after she dies? I doubt the land would have grown richer or the people more populous leaving her legacy as nothing more than another tyrant that took power with superior firepower.

And that's not even getting into the hints of Targaryen madness that we're starting to see slip in through the cracks.

There never have been good kinds in Westeros. Its always been the men behind them. Aerys had Tywin. Robert had Jon Arryn and Ned. Stannis has Davos. Robb has Catelyn and his bannerman but he didn't listen and look how that turned out for him. Dany has Jorah and Barristan which are always the one to give her good council but she often disagrees and neglects their council. Likewise Davos is the voice of reason for Stannis.

I hope they stay true to the book because the morally grey characters where you make up your own mind about them are fascinating.

I'm gonna wait and see what she's like in the next book. Right now she would be terrible. She doesn't even know what Westeros is like. I think this arc is sort of teaching her that what's coming up isn't gonna be easy. She seems to be living under the misapprehension that she's the world's salvation, and I don't know why. And she needs to learn to accept people's cultures if she's going to rule them.

I would like it if GRR spent more time exploring Dany's motivations, without this whole mother, "if I look back I am lost," FIRE AND BLOOD, hokum. Does she REALLY want the Iron Throne? If so, why? I know, it's hers, whatever. But WHY really.

She is fire and fire alone, and as maester Aemon said: Fire consumes! She is an agent of destruction, a conqueror. If there is Azor Ahai, then she is it. The messiah of Fire. Her destiny is not to rule in peace times. With fire and blood are her words. If she is the reigning monarch at the very end, Westeros will not be much more happier place then it was under Aerys her father, or Joffrey even.

Here's my view:

1) We've seen a few times what happens when Dany gets mad. It's not pretty for whomever she gets mad at.

2) She is a Targaryen and they have a history of being nutjobs.

3) With an army of Unsullied, sellswords and 3 dragons coupled with a Westeros full of power-hungry, amoral fiends means she will have plenty of enemies. And are we to believe she'll take the high road to rid the world of her foes? Not likely; She's going to unleash hell on whomever is foolish enough to oppose her.

4) To me at least, the story becomes far more intriguing if Dany does go postal and becomes the bad guy - in part because she has so much power and mayhem at her disposal. She's pretty much the perfect villain. To add to the intrigue, who will be the hero and be able to stop her? And how will he/she/they do it?

To get the Iron Throne, she needs to wage a war of conquest against Westeros - a place that might very well be starving due winter and war by the time she arrives. That alone makes Daennerys arrival a very bad thing for Westeros.

Unless she skips the war and goes straight to the Wall to help the poor bastards there.

TV-Dany has yet to try her hand at ruling anything other than a handful of people, so it would probably not be such a good thing for Westeros despite the fact that her intentions would come from a very good place (due to the fact that she generally cares for people, and especially for children and the less fortunate).

However Dany is fully aware of this and says so even herself (in the books, and even in the previews of season 4 that we saw). So staying and ruling in Essos is the correct thing to do for her in order to see first hand what it is to rule over people. The lessons she will learn will help her become a better queen for Westeros.

Also i do not understand why there is so much hate and scoff for Dany?

I have read a lot of peoples' thoughts on why they hate her or how she is crazy or how it would be best for her to be the villain. Why would it be so hard for people to accept AA or TPTWP to be a woman and in particular a young girl, that started of as a timid fragile victim and slowly but steadily through the various lessons she learned, to become (with the help of her dragons of course, but that were a result also of her powerful will) a good queen and hero to Westeros (with her definite flaws of course).

Is it coz i iz black? As Mr. G would say? Is it because she is a powerful woman? And powerful women must be either b#$ches, mad or down right evil?

Archived