Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

I heard they changed the purple eye part because it was too distracting.

Same reason why the Kingsguard isn't in all white, it just didn't look right through the camera.

Sounds logical enough, though I do wish they could have worked in the purple Targ eyes.

aww but that particular eye color was like the soul to it. And don't come with distracting, dark brown eyebrows on a white blond girl ;D

But I see that changes are.. reasonable.

She is. Its a scene of 401 or 402, reminding the viewers that Tyrion loves Shae and not Sansa.

I still like to go back and mention Shae's thousands of mentions and suggestions to Tyrion to go to Pentos (210) or all free cities, Tyrion always declining as he is a lion of lannister and has to stay. Shae is another character than Shae. Not a single book plot concerning Shae was used. She's a completely different character. Therefore completely different outcomes.

The only cause Shae could have to be in Tywin's bed would be to make him keep Tyrion alive, but I doubt she believes that would work out.

Remember that rumor that some actress that did nudity put a no-nudity clause in her contract, because she wanted to be recognised for the quality of her acting and not for her tits or something like that? Everybody thought it was Emilia Clarke, but I'm quite sure it was Sibel Kekili. I doubt we'll see her naked again.

Words are Wind, It is known.

Remember that rumor that some actress that did nudity put a no-nudity clause in her contract, because she wanted to be recognised for the quality of her acting and not for her tits or something like that? Everybody thought it was Emilia Clarke, but I'm quite sure it was Sibel Kekili. I doubt we'll see her naked again.

playing a whore and not being nude, I see how that could work

I doubt Sibel was that. She is quite open minded and in an interview even wished more nudity from the male actors.

aww but that particular eye color was like the soul to it. And don't come with distracting, dark brown eyebrows on a white blond girl ;D

But I see that changes are.. reasonable.

The distracting part wasn't for the audience but the actors/actresses. Daenerys was originally given purple eyes in the original pilot, but the showrunners decided it would be too uncomfortable and the actors wouldn't be able to get into the role as much, so did away with any contacts.

The distracting part wasn't for the audience but the actors/actresses. Daenerys was originally given purple eyes in the original pilot, but the showrunners decided it would be too uncomfortable and the actors wouldn't be able to get into the role as much, so did away with any contacts.

It seems as if that's what happened whenever people made eye contact with Rhaegar, they drowned in his sad, violet eyes. Couldn't even compose themselves.

Because there aren't thousands of people who wear contacts with or without color on a daily basis. There are actors who wore full eye contacts, not only on the iris, and anyway, it's an actors job.. they get paid shitloads for it. Nevertheless I still love all the actors in the series, especially Emilia.

Its just that in the books the colors are kinda like major plot points and theory-makers and the only tiny way to prove genetic lines, somehow.

I assumed it was the actress playing Ros. Ros was way more naked than Shae has been naked on the show.

Because there aren't thousands of people who wear contacts with or without color on a daily basis. There are actors who wore full eye contacts, not only on the iris, and anyway, it's an actors job.. they get paid shitloads for it. Nevertheless I still love all the actors in the series, especially Emilia.

Its just that in the books the colors are kinda like major plot points and theory-makers and the only tiny way to prove genetic lines, somehow.

Thousands of people wear contacts, but they're very uncomfortable until the person adjusts, which could take months. I'm guessing you don't wear contacts because you would understand how much of an ordeal it is to finally get comfortable with them. It's unreasonable to expect the actors to go through this adjustment period for a few months every year while also trying to act with body language, remember their lines, and act with their eyes, all with extremely irritable eyes and distracting headaches caused by the contacts. Also, TV actors don't necessarily get paid "shitloads" in fact, HBO is notorious for underpaying their actors. Actors take the jobs because they're usually short gigs, with good exposure and chance at awards. I think it's ridiculous to expect them to suck it up for such a minor detail. I'm more concerned with an actual performance embodying the character rather than eye color.

It seems as if that's what happened whenever people made eye contact with Rhaegar, they drowned in his sad, violet eyes. Couldn't even compose themselves.

Am I the only person getting a little creeped out by this Rhaegar obsession?

I don't think that [balon's death] be in episode two, because after Joff tears his throat out, nobody's going to really care what happens to Balon. I don't think they're going to want to diminish the death of another character by putting it alongside the death the viewers have been waiting for for years.

Balon will take his final dive before the PW - Stannis namedrops the leeches in the order of Robb, Balon, Joffrey, which I think is different from the books. So to me this suggests that it's also the same order in which they die.

Agree to both. Balon is almost definitely kicking it in ep. 1, followed by Joffrey in ep. 2, Ygritte in ep. 5 or 6, Oberyn in ep. 8 or 9, Tywin and Lysa in ep. 9 or 10 and a whoooole lot of minor characters and unnamed extras before, after and in between.

Thousands of people wear contacts, but they're very uncomfortable until the person adjusts, which could take months. I'm guessing you don't wear contacts because you would understand how much of an ordeal it is to finally get comfortable with them. It's unreasonable to expect the actors to go through this adjustment period for a few months every year while also trying to act with body language, remember their lines, and act with their eyes, all with extremely irritable eyes and distracting headaches caused by the contacts. Also, TV actors don't necessarily get paid "shitloads" in fact, HBO is notorious for underpaying their actors. Actors take the jobs because they're usually short gigs, with good exposure and chance at awards. I think it's ridiculous to expect them to suck it up for such a minor detail. I'm more concerned with an actual performance embodying the character rather than eye color.

A cup to the hardest job on earth !

Also I can't help but laugh at Daenerys' "I will do what queens do. I will rule." line. Oh, if she only knew...

Possible the most crushing line in the books. Its hilarious seeing people one Facebook thinking she's over in Westeros saying that line. They are going to be heartbroken when they find out what it actually means and how she won't be going anywhere for a long time.

Archived