Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

Who is that woman on the pyre?

That has been discussed already, I believe some random extra Mel burned. Definitely NOT Brienne :)

This has been bugging the hell out of me all day.

Can someone please tell me who is saying the 'He was betrayed by his own men' line.

It's one of those things that's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite work out who it is.

Most likely Jon, talking about LC Mormont being betrayed and killed by Rast & co. It sound a lot like him.

Not Brienne!

That has been discussed already, I believe some random extra Mel burned. Definitely NOT Brienne :)

No not Brienne, I didn't think of her :) I just can't figure out the scenario. And the person of course :lol: think, we'll just have to wait for more context.

Can someone please tell me who is saying the 'He was betrayed by his own men' line.

It's one of those things that's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite work out who it is.

At first I thought it was Jon, but now I think it's Grenn saying it. But there's been so many different opinions, we won't know until the season airs I suppose!

Also, just a random thought, the Littlefinger-Sansa kiss is going to be creepy as hell.

This seems to be a really polarising scene. I tend to dislike Danny's lines, and throughout S2 and I thought the portrayal of her was annoying (could work as character development in retrospect, as it was much better in S3), however . . . I thought this was an awesome line with awesome reserve in it's delivery. Emile looks regal, confident, seductive—gone are the dramatic facial expressions and body language that plague her character in S2. I really digged this moment. It might actually be my fav part in the trailer. I'm not a fan of the Danny storyline—book or otherwise—but this delivery had me hopeful I won't be generally put-off everytime we cut to her scenes.

But like I say, other people have had the direct opposite opinion, which is interesting. Could just be the nature of the character as written by GRRM.

I think GRRM and Dave and Dan get off wavelength about Dany, but I think that's George's doing. I got the very strong impression season 2 that Dave and Dan were puzzled as to how to write the adventures in the East in COK. Notice that George wrote an episode , Blackwater, that did not have Dany in it. Except for Vanessa Taylor, Benioff and Weiss wrote all the Qarth stuff and they seemed kind of lost. Emilia just does not handle bad dialog well, or at least yet has the chops to finesse it. I think she handled season 1 well.

She really surprised me in season 3 episode 4, David and Dan got interested in her story again and wrote a ripping yarn ending to that episode, even to point of trumping GRRM a little by hiding the fact the Dany could speak Valyrian. Emilia's look, body language and voice (especially when speaking Valyrian) was spot on , I had to say whoa! were did that come from. In "Second Sons" she underplays her first scene (were they are spying) so well she again turned my head. Season 3 Dany seemed just fine , thought the very last scene was composed badly, but not as awful as other people think.

In the books after COK I followed Dany, Arya and Jon's stories with the most interest... and until Arya moved to Braavos we really only had Dany's story in the East but the end of book 5 all the interesting stuff is happening in the East (and well the Wall) , if only GRRM could find some way to put some 'rip' in that yarn!

Sigh,

Even GRRM has disagreed with they way D and D have portrayed some of the characters. I think they have butchered Stannis' character so far.

Madge Tyrell in the books is nothing like Natalie Dormer's potrayal (Dormer is also twice the age of Madge) not even close. Ser Jorah does far more counseling than in the books, The Hound is more likable, Bronn is completely different, he is far more witty and comical.

The one thing that is different. Bronn is around 6 feet 6 and the new Mountain is 6 feet 9, Bronn would take that challenge in the books, as he is only out by 3 inches, instead of 1 and 1/2 feet as he is in the books.

Funnily enough, GRRM frequently cites LF, Shae, Osha and even Tyrion as the characters that are different from the books - mostly in a positive way (LF aside) He hasn't said a word about Stannis in the show.

Sure he's maybe not lifted off the page in the way that Jaime or Varys or someone is, but I've yet to hear a real reason as to how they have butchered or character assassinated Stannis.

The 'horny teenager' argument is the most tedious thing ever posted on here. Even the most unsullied of viewer can see he is after another shadow baby.

Pretty sure it's Jon.

I would guess he's talking about Mormont and getting ready to storm Craster's Keep.

Funnily enough, GRRM frequently cites LF, Shae, Osha and even Tyrion as the characters that are different from the books - mostly in a positive way (LF aside) He hasn't said a word about Stannis in the show.

Sure he's maybe not lifted off the page in the way that Jaime or Varys or someone is, but I've yet to hear a real reason as to how they have butchered or character assassinated Stannis.

The 'horny teenager' argument is the most tedious thing ever posted on here. Even the most unsullied of viewer can see he is after another shadow baby.

Yeah. A lot of stuff concerning Stannis in the show bother me, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it "character assassination". The problem is that many Stannis fans wanted the show to portray him in seasons 2 and 3 as he is in ADWD, instead of the way he was before setting sail to the Wall. It's like Jaime fans wanting him to be seen as a good guy in season 1 already.

Some readers even expect the viewers to judge the characters from the show from information they haven't shown yet in the show. They want the non-readers to see Dany as a crazy bad ruler when she is at the peak of her likeability in the entire story. They want them to see Stannis as a badass hero when he's at his lowest point.

It's like Jaime fans wanting him to be seen as a good guy in season 1 already.

Very good comparison. Oddly enough, it could be argued they really did 'character assassinate' Jaime when he iced his cousin. Yet now he's very much becoming a fan favourite on the show, among viewers and readers alike. Stannis will be just fine :)

I am also really bummed that Balon Greyjoy's death (I ASSUME they are still going to kill him) doesn't result in the arrival of Euron and the Kingsmoot. How can Asha have that spectacular and interesting failure without it? I have heard some say it must be postponed a season. I guess it could be, but a long time to wait for Balon to die, or else a long time to wait for the Kingsmoot after Balon dies.

My guess is that Balon will die in the finale of this season and there will not be a kings moot Euron will make his first appearance in season 5 and will just claim king of the ironborn.

My guess is that Balon will die in the finale of this season and there will not be a kings moot Euron will make his first appearance in season 5 and will just claim king of the ironborn.

Yeah I think Euron will be the Stannis/Mance/Oberyn of season 5. He and his brothers need some heavy namedropping this season.

Very good comparison. Oddly enough, it could be argued they really did 'character assassinate' Jaime when he iced his cousin. Yet now he's very much becoming a fan favourite on the show, among viewers and readers alike. Stannis will be just fine :)

I'll say again that most book-readers missed the point of Jaime killing Alton. It wasn't about being a "kinslayer" which isn't really a concept they dwell on with the show (plus they went out of their way to set him up as a super distant cousin who Jaime neither remembers or has any kind of affection for, he may as well just be one of his grunt soldiers). It was about setting up the fact that even though Jaime was a very charming and sometimes even likeable villain, he was extremely dangerous and would take any opportunity that presented itself at a moment's notice in order to get free and back to Cersei. This was specifically to add a level of uncertainty to the Brienne/Jaime dynamic when she had him as captor and give the audience the indication that he wouldn't have a problem taking Brienne out if she ever gave him the chance. This, of course highlights the bond that forms between Brienne and Jaime eventually as he changes his outlook after spending enough time with her.

But yeah, "Jaime is a kinslayer, they ruined him!!!!!!" is another way to react, for sure.

Just a guess but possibly Brienne setting off on her quest to find the stark girls ?

It could be but it would seem strange since we have another shot of her with her armor on a horse looking back which is a probably a more likely instance of her leaving on the quest.

It's probably not the case, but it's just a pretty big coincidence that it's a single person in a little rowboat at King's Landing and Gendry set out as a lone person in a little rowboat for King's Landing at the end of S3. Based on his complete lack of presence anywhere else, I'd lean towards Gendry not appearing in S4 but it's just a weird coincidence to see that.

But therein lies the problem - book!Stannis would never have asked/begged for anything from anyone. His whole world revolves around the assumption that people will do their duty, like Westerosi lords backing up the rightful heir and gets pretty crossed if they do not. Book!Stannis, as I've said earlier, would have told Mel that "Great or small, everyone must do their duty, so toss away that red dress and give your king another shadowbaby." He certainly wouldn't have drooled on her ear, that's for sure! :P

But therein lies the problem - book!Stannis would never have asked/begged for anything from anyone. His whole world revolves around the assumption that people will do their duty, like Westerosi lords backing up the rightful heir and gets pretty crossed if they do not. Book!Stannis, as I've said earlier, would have told Mel that "Great or small, everyone must do their duty, so toss away that red dress and give your king another shadowbaby." He certainly wouldn't have drooled on her ear, that's for sure! :P

It's Stannis at his lowest and most desperate, that reaction is completely reasonable. If he's running after Mel after they get to the Wall, then you'll have reason to call foul.

Archived