Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

Not on topic, but news. In the GrrM dvd commentary (along with Michelle MacLaren), he says that his season 4 script features scenes with Myranda and Violet, Ramsay's two girls. We know that Violet won't actually feature (the actress was pregnant and couldn't return) but the commentaries were recorded prior to S4 shooting (spring 2013, I think) so they wouldn't know that yet. This leads me to believe that Martin's ep two, which we now know will feature the PW, which according to the Foreshadowing featurette will take up half the ep., will introduce the Theon storyline for S4 and those elements will not feature in ep. 1. As Fat Walda also features in ep. 2 (as we know from her casting news over at wicnet), either Roose meets up with his son earlier than in book chronology, or it jumps around from Bolton to Bolton/Snow scenes and then ties in the Greyjoy elements (like re-establishing the Yara adventure and potentially showing Balon walking on a certain swaying bridge).

I don't think we should rule out the possibility that Shae is laying in Coldhands' bed.

I think it might Jaqen disguising himself as Shae who then gets captured by Stannis and burned in the disguise as Brienne.

Serious question, what do you think will happen with Balon? Will they show it on screen and will it answer our theories.

I think it might Jaqen disguising himself as Shae who then gets captured by Stannis and burned in the disguise as Brienne.

Serious question, what do you think will happen with Balon? Will they show it on screen and will it answer our theories.

I think that will happen towards the end of the season and won't give us any answers, i also doubt they will include the kings moot for budget reasons.

although i would love to be proven wrong.

No, that's definitely Tywin's bed Shae is on, with Tyrion finding her there. You can see Tyrion's back, and from that angle you can see it's a dwarf.

On all those who say Shae is in the HAND'S BED, that is wrong. ( in the one sec frame of the second S4 trailer)

The bed in the TV chamber of the hand has no drapes.

And that was for all seasons. Why change it now?

And Tywin did not change bed chambers, as he says in 301 "you brought a whore to my bed" -"it wasn't yours at the time"

just saying..

I think we could see Balon die in the very 1st scene of s4, they will probably show him fall of the swinging bridge into the seas and smash his head on a rock, and on the other side of the bridge a guy in a hooded clock walk away. As for the KM dont think we are going to get one with Asha present. We will here from Tywin at perhaps a small council meeting that Balon is dead and that Euron has now king of the Iron Islands. But will only see Euron, Vic and perhaps Aeron in s5 showing animosity between Vic and Euron and the diappointment of of Euron being king

Seventeen pages over half talking about Cold Hands / WW etc.

Did no one pointed out the Cold Winds surrounding him, which come with the White Walkers?

We know Bran and company are going to be attacked by wights/white walkers at least once, if they stick close to the books.

What would jon be doing in Craster's Keep? getting some sort of justice for Lord Commander Mormont?

Considering Jon says some line about "He was betrayed by his own men. All that is left is to get justice for him"

what does this mean for the NW arc if they go to Craster's? first Jon has to recover from being shot, then defend the Wall from Tormund's group, then go to Craster's, then have the battle at the Wall with Mance's host? Maybe by going to Craster's, they can add some WW interaction and have the NW discover the wildling host and have to sprint back to the Wall and warn everyone. Hmm.

Jon recovers from his wounds, check. Tormund's group that is south of the Wall now consists of less than ten people. Jon Snow returning to the Night's Watch to warn them about an attack from the South has made it 100% impossible for Tormund's group to attack Castle Black.

Why is it taking so long for Mace Rayder to get to the wall? Keep in mind that his host is 100,000 people. That host carries tents, wagons of food, travels on foot etc. It doesn't move as fast as twenty or even two hundred people did.

The Night's Watch is very clear on the wildling host coming at them as soon as Jon wakes up. They've known about it since season one. They also know about the white walkers because of Sam.

I mean a lot of people say the whole Jon stabbing is somewhat Bloodraven/Bran related, as in warging and stuff, so maybe the show takes a lot of the surprise effect by making brans storyline up to that moment, plotting with BR what to do.

ALSO : Did we all oversee the fact that Bran did not prohibit Sam from telling Jonny that he is alive ??

the unsullied would hate Sam forever if he (out of nowhere) does forget to tell him..

I didn't oversee the fact, I've been trying to point it out since episode 10 aired last year. Mostly it falls on def ears. The basic retort I get is "just because we didn't see Jojen/Bran/Cold Hands all make Sam swear not to tell doesn't mean that they didn't make him promise."

Do people also oversee the fact that Jon saw Summer and Shaggydog help him in a fight?

I have to admit that it is possible since Sam/Gilly could have a conversation about how Bran/Jojen said to tell no one, not even Jon about them going North of the Wall. (instead of it just being in Sam's thoughts)

Stannis looks very promising judging on that snippet seen in the trailer- pretty badass.

I'm also liking the Red Wedding reactions still present within the characters, it was a massive event and shouldn't be overlooked because it's done and dusted. Hopefully we'll get Jon's reaction, however, the 'justice' line seems to be aimed at Mormont. I really hope it doesn't look as if he's more bothered by the LC's death than his brothers. On the up-side an attack on Crasters keep seems possible which will make Jon even more admirable/badass this season.

And Shae on Tywins bed is very encouraging considering the whitewashing going on with her character. I'm still thinking it will have something to do with protecting Sansa though...or she was just a scheming bitch all along rather than having a change of mind?

I think Mel being added to the list adds more flesh to what she said in Season 3 about meeting Arya again. Also, I like how they added Tywin's name considering the Arya/Tywin scenes in Season 2 but I think they should have threw in Walder Frey (I always found it weird Arya never listed any RW participants in the books).

Anyway, all in all good trailer. Perhaps, better than the first one.

Jon will hear about a lot of things when he returns, Winterfell being burned, Robb/Catelyn being killed. Sansa's marriage? Etc.

Jon cannot avenge his brother Robb, but he can avenge LC Mormont.

Not sure that "list" is verbatim. Clearly they left out Ilyn Payne( always named third, since they can't show a clip of him this season) which means there might be "more" to the list, clearly it's not four people if the Hound is claiming she's "naming everyone in Westeros"

"The Red Woman" being added to the list just proves that Arya grew to love Gendry like a brother, maybe even more. Tywin being added just means that she will find out suspect that Tywin was behind the RW. Meaning she took his "He[Robb Stark] is not going to fail, not without our help." line serious from season two.

In the books she doesn't know the names of those responsible for the RW, if she did know their names then she would add them.

Also, only read the books once and pretty much over a 4 weeks period 2 and a half years ago and where the show is currently makes the murkiest part of my memory. Does Jon go to Craster's in the books?

In the books there's a creditable threat to Castle Black even with Jon Snow returning to warn them of it. Two hundred Thenns lead by Styr Magnar of Thenn have come south of the Wall to attack Castle Black and Wildlings are attacking the wall at various places in the North to "feign" their strength.

Thus Jon has a few refugees from Mole Town, cripples old men etc. to guard Castle Black from them.

In the show Tormond/Ygritte and the other half dozen wildlings that are alive still don't have a prayer to attack Castle Black. Plus without Orell's Eagle Mance Rayder will not be able to "receive" the signal that Tormond is in position to strike.

This has been bugging the hell out of me all day.

Can someone please tell me who is saying the 'He was betrayed by his own men' line.

It's one of those things that's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite work out who it is.

Jon Snow is saying it.

My gut feeling is that the premiere will open with Balon's death, but that's just a gut feeling that I have totally in a vacuum independent of whatever factual stuff we know about who's in what episode, so. I just think the death of someone familiar could make for a solid opening - especially someone who is unlikable.

I don't think that it'll be in episode two, because after Joff tears his throat out, nobody's going to really care what happens to Balon. I don't think they're going to want to diminish the death of another character by putting it alongside the death the viewers have been waiting for for years.

This Night's Watch vengeance thing at Craster's doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. No way they would leave Castle Black that lowly guarded when they know there is such a huge wildling threat that could attack at any time, from BOTH sides of the wall. It just doesn't seem quite believable.
Can anyone think of any reasonable explanations that would make it 'safe' to go back to Craster's?

Not on topic, but news. In the GrrM dvd commentary (along with Michelle MacLaren), he says that his season 4 script features scenes with Myranda and Violet, Ramsay's two girls. We know that Violet won't actually feature (the actress was pregnant and couldn't return) but the commentaries were recorded prior to S4 shooting (spring 2013, I think) so they wouldn't know that yet. This leads me to believe that Martin's ep two, which we now know will feature the PW, which according to the Foreshadowing featurette will take up half the ep., will introduce the Theon storyline for S4 and those elements will not feature in ep. 1. As Fat Walda also features in ep. 2 (as we know from her casting news over at wicnet), either Roose meets up with his son earlier than in book chronology, or it jumps around from Bolton to Bolton/Snow scenes and then ties in the Greyjoy elements (like re-establishing the Yara adventure and potentially showing Balon walking on a certain swaying bridge).

Seems a little stupid not replace a random "actress" (just a lads mag model no doubt) who appeared for 1 min in 1 scene. Considering a certain other actor has been cut despite being heavily involved in the last 4-5 episodes of the last season.

This Night's Watch vengeance thing at Craster's doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. No way they would leave Castle Black that lowly guarded when they know there is such a huge wildling threat that could attack at any time, from BOTH sides of the wall. It just doesn't seem quite believable.

Can anyone think of any reasonable explanations that would make it 'safe' to go back to Craster's?

I am sure the writers have taken this into consideration and thought of something. I wondered the same thing though, I mean strategically it does not make much sense to endanger your limited men for revenge or "justice" when those dudes at crasters keep will probably die anyway.

My gut feeling is that the premiere will open with Balon's death, but that's just a gut feeling that I have totally in a vacuum independent of whatever factual stuff we know about who's in what episode, so. I just think the death of someone familiar could make for a solid opening - especially someone who is unlikable.

I don't think that it'll be in episode two, because after Joff tears his throat out, nobody's going to really care what happens to Balon. I don't think they're going to want to diminish the death of another character by putting it alongside the death the viewers have been waiting for for years.

I think they'll wait until about episode 5 or 6 to show Balon's death, otherwise it would cut Asha/Yara's story short. I'm guessing she'll occupy Moat Cailin with her ironborn, then leave for the Iron Islands as soon as she hears of Balon's death. Which would pave the way for Theon treating with the ironborn left behind, something we know Theon will be doing this season thanks to casting and footage. I'm very much looking forward to Theon's story this year, thankfully it looks like it will have a lot more to it than last year.

There's no threat south of the wall now that Jon Snow has returned to the Night's Watch. It's still going to take Mance Rayder quite a bit of time to move his hundreds of thousands of wildlings from the Fist to the Wall. Think about how long it took 200 Night's Watch people to get there, now think about how long it would take 500 times that many people...

"The penalty for desertion is death"

It appears that a smallish force is going to attack Craster's mutineers, so they can get there quick and return quick enough.

also why does the Night's Watch care about deserters when they're going to be in direct line of meeting Mance Rayder? Oh I don't think Rast and company would have any reservations about betraying the Night's Watch and telling the Wildlings everything they know, which isn't much but still.

side note....

assuming that Sam spills the fact that Bran is alive to Jon then Jon might have a side agenda of looking for his brother North of the Wall. Not just killing the NW deserters.

Final reason? Jon needs to reunite with Ghost who was last seen near Craster's Keep.

Seems a little stupid not replace a random "actress" (just a lads mag model no doubt) who appeared for 1 min in 1 scene. Considering a certain other actor has been cut despite being heavily involved in the last 4-5 episodes of the last season.

Just a lads mag model? What a nasty snide thing to say, she's actually a regular in a couple of minor soaps, Doctors and The Cut.

On all those who say Shae is in the HAND'S BED, that is wrong. ( in the one sec frame of the second S4 trailer)

The bed in the TV chamber of the hand has no drapes.

And that was for all seasons. Why change it now?

And Tywin did not change bed chambers, as he says in 301 "you brought a whore to my bed" -"it wasn't yours at the time"

just saying..

Tywin changed the Hand's quarters quite a lot. The Small Council table was moved to his room; there's also his writing table where he speaks with Tyrion and Cersei while writing letters; and there's the new lion sculpture the camera focuses on at the end of episode 3x05.

That doesn't explain the possible tie in to Coldhands though

Archived