Jaime taking The Black

JaegrM

Jaime is not going to take the black.

The BwB aren't Lords and Royals. Their land pirates, why would they accept Jaime's confession, even if he's humble enough to give one. And even if he did why would they let him 'take the black' like a formal judge and jury. He's already been determined guilty. Like in the Dark Knight Rises, when there was a mock sentencing hearing led by the Scarecrow (Remember they were already guilty) for those that had committed "crimes" against Gotham. It's very similar. Remember they have no reason to be fair and let him live, these are outlaws, for Christ sake, not the bloody high septon.

But I do think whatever Brienne is leading him into is a huge turning point for Jaime. He will escape by the skin of his teeth and by the cost of Brienne's life which will shake him to the core, but will inspire him to take up her mantle. Somehow, I'm not sure how he will find out about Jon, but he will this will lead him toward the Wall. I don't think he will be openly around Castle Black, or it be common knowledge that he is there. I think he will be in the shadows somewhere. I do not think he will be joining ranks with the Nights Watch.

Besides I think that the Nights Watch has had it's last Lord Commander and seen it's last sunrise. This huge fight at the Wall will break it (literally or figuratively). Between the political turmoil going on outside it's walls and within a huge fight scene is coming in TWOW. Right after Jon gets stabbed there will be a utter chaos. Wildlings, Kings men, Queens men and men of the Nights Watch will errupt into a huge battle. It will be an opportune time for people to desert, set fire to buildings, open gates underneath the Wall. Which in essence will break it and bring the Others down on their heads.

There will be no returning to normal after this. I'm a fan of Jon being critically wounded and not having to be raised by Melissandre. But I think in all the chaos he will be saved by someone (crossing my fingers for Jaime) and be able to get away. Jon won't have much choice in the matter if he's critically wounded and in and out of consciousness. But that's just what I think

I believe the Kingmaker theory so I do believe that Jaime's and Jon's paths will cross, but more than that, intertwine.

Jaime is not going to take the black.

The BwB aren't Lords and Royals. Their land pirates, why would they accept Jaime's confession, even if he's humble enough to give one. And even if he did why would they let him 'take the black' like a formal judge and jury. He's already been determined guilty. Like in the Dark Knight Rises, when there was a mock sentencing hearing led by the Scarecrow (Remember they were already guilty) for those that had committed "crimes" against Gotham. It's very similar. Remember they have no reason to be fair and let him live, these are outlaws, for Christ sake, not the bloody high septon.

But I do think whatever Brienne is leading him into is a huge turning point for Jaime. He will escape by the skin of his teeth and by the cost of Brienne's life which will shake him to the core, but will inspire him to take up her mantle. Somehow, I'm not sure how he will find out about Jon, but he will this will lead him toward the Wall. I don't think he will be openly around Castle Black, or it be common knowledge that he is there. I think he will be in the shadows somewhere. I do not think he will be joining ranks with the Nights Watch.

Besides I think that the Nights Watch has had it's last Lord Commander and seen it's last sunrise. This huge fight at the Wall will break it (literally or figuratively). Between the political turmoil going on outside it's walls and within a huge fight scene is coming in TWOW. Right after Jon gets stabbed there will be a utter chaos. Wildlings, Kings men, Queens men and men of the Nights Watch will errupt into a huge battle. It will be an opportune time for people to desert, set fire to buildings, open gates underneath the Wall. Which in essence will break it and bring the Others down on their heads.

There will be no returning to normal after this. I'm a fan of Jon being critically wounded and not having to be raised by Melissandre. But I think in all the chaos he will be saved by someone (crossing my fingers for Jaime) and be able to get away. Jon won't have much choice in the matter if he's critically wounded and in and out of consciousness. But that's just what I think

I believe the Kingmaker theory so I do believe that Jaime's and Jon's paths will cross, but more than that, intertwine.

Well haning Jaime is justice and it is fair.Also we saw no injustice in BWB or LSs trials.

Well haning Jaime is justice and it is fair.Also we saw no injustice in BWB or LSs trials.

True. But Lords and Royals are expected to be just and fair, it's not expected of outlaws and thieves. I just don't think it's gunna be all formal like people making it out to be. People are making it out to be as if as soon as Jaime enters the clearing is that the first thing he sees is going to be LS wearing a white curly wig with a gavel in her hand and the rest of the BwB in seats like a jury and a tiny chair for the witness stand. My point is that they aren't going to be fair. Beric Dondarrion is dead, and all honor and justice in the BwB died with him. There might be a trial by combat but if Jaime wins there is no telling that the BwB will honor the outcome if it's not in their favor.

Jaime's only out is if somehow some miracle they have a plan beforehand, or they fight their way out. Either way this thing is not going to go in their favor and someone (Brienne) is going to die. Jaime will get away, but not Brienne

I really do hope Jon/Jamie form a sort of bond for two reasons well actually 3

1:Redemption for Jamie for failing to protect Rhegar and his children

2:Redemption for the Starks for his family (and him) starting a war and brutally killing them (Jamie didn't have any part of the Red Wedding but the fact is he was never considered honorable so no one belives him and even he knows it which is why hes trying so hard to change)

And Lastly because Jon and Tyrion are friends and I really really want Jon to argue with Tyrion about forgiving his brother and then all 3 of them riding off to battle (Tyrion does the battle plan and Jamie fights alongside Jon)

I know that wont happen but still.

"A man can dream"

I think D&D hinted at this in the first couple episodes with Jaime's interaction with Jon at Winterfell. I know the books are the books and the show is the show but GRRM did tell them how he planned to end things. Ned wanted to send Jaime to the Wall after he killed Aerys so it would be a cool way to have Ned Stark have effects on major characters' paths years after he's dead.

I think D&D hinted at this in the first couple episodes with Jaime's interaction with Jon at Winterfell. I know the books are the books and the show is the show but GRRM did tell them how he planned to end things. Ned wanted to send Jaime to the Wall after he killed Aerys so it would be a cool way to have Ned Stark have effects on major characters' paths years after he's dead.

I concur, the mere fact that GRRM is on the screenwriting comity convinces me that the show has got it right. It's let me know what is important and what isn't. Roberts many bastards aside from Gendry aren't important, Jeyne Westerling along with her babe aren't going to take the KitN title. I think you are right about this. The mere fact that they included this gives me a heads up that something is coming.

In this corner we have the "Black Bastard AKA You Must Be Ned Starks Bastard" and in this corner "Kingslayer Oathbreaker" and in the last corner "Old man Barristan The Bold!!!!!!!!!!"

The black bastard LOL

I like to see Jaime, Jon, and Barristan face off: Lord Commander v. Lord Commander v. Lord Commander.

:idea:

Hahahaha beast mode

I really do hope Jon/Jamie form a sort of bond for two reasons well actually 3

1:Redemption for Jamie for failing to protect Rhegar and his children

2:Redemption for the Starks for his family (and him) starting a war and brutally killing them (Jamie didn't have any part of the Red Wedding but the fact is he was never considered honorable so no one belives him and even he knows it which is why hes trying so hard to change)

And Lastly because Jon and Tyrion are friends and I really really want Jon to argue with Tyrion about forgiving his brother and then all 3 of them riding off to battle (Tyrion does the battle plan and Jamie fights alongside Jon)

I know that wont happen but still.

"A man can dream"

I get it. I know how you feel, I have many a fantasies about things like this. But I do think that Jaime's and Jon's path are bound together.

• 2 months later...

Since reading the chapter where Jaime feels guilty over failing to protect Rhaegar's children and then reading the POV where JonCon vows that even though he failed the father he will not fail the son, I've become convinced that Jaime is a sort of a guardian for Jon. I see JonCon and Young Griff's situation as a mirror image of a possible alliance between Jon and Jaime, a foreshadowing of sorts.

And then there's the Kingmaker chapter which seemed somewhat unnecessary and pointless when I read it the first time. I don't recall if it was Jaime or Arys's POV, but I think it was Jaime. It doesn't make sense for Jaime to be telling the story, I would have expected to hear of the Dance of the Dragons from Barristan or Maester Aemon (I don't know if this had already been discussed so I apologise for repeating "the obvious").

I don't think Jaime will necessarily take the black (cloak). I always thought of it as taking the Black (Jon I the Black; the first of his name;the king of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men; the protector of the realms of men).

As to the question of why Jon would trust Jaime - a Lannsiter...well, one of the things I've come to appreciate about Jon's character is that he takes people as they are, just people. He had a genuine friendship with Tyrion despite his Lannister-rism. He speaks of Satin and Zei without excessive alarm. He accepts wildling women to the NW, 12 or whatever. He gives Needle to Arya despite her gender. Throughout the book he demonstrates just what a medieval hippie he is. I think he would forgive Jaime for the "crime" of being a Lannister.

Here is my version of things to come. Feel free to tell me how impossible anything I say is.

Brienne lures Jaime into a weak trap, not expecting a challenge due to his lack of a swordhand, in order to save Podrick. However, thanks to his practicing, he overcomes her, but his notion of honor has been shattered after Brienne's deception, not fully understanding why she did what she did. By the time he reemerges, he learns that his family has been disgraced by a certain trial, and he officially has nowhere to turn to for aid, so he decides to go after the starks in search of revenge. Knowing that the only stark certain to be remaining is Jon Snow he travels north to the wall (not a comfortable or easy trip), stewing in his resentment, but also coming across situations which show the true reform in his nature which he is trying to repress. When he arrives at The Wall, he learns that his target is "indisposed," but that he no longer cares to seek the revenge he thought he yearned for, and that those around him hae little room for judgement as they are all guilty of something. (I know not ALL, but many) He will realize hat those he finds in the NW are truly his brothers, moreso than any KG had ever been to him (or looked at him as), and instead of seeking revenge on another of his brothers, he decides to take his vows, and honor them, entirely.

Probably unrelated, the white and black cloak exchange brings to mind the house of black and white.

I don’t think Jaime will take the black. There is no investment storywise for Jaime taking part in the events of around the Wall. The clues point that he will be the valonqar and he will die with Cersei.

I don’t think Jaime will take the black. There is no investment storywise for Jaime taking part in the events of around the Wall. The clues point that he will be the valonqar and he will die with Cersei.

I think "clues" or even "hints" is stretching it a little, all we really have in that cateragory is the twins because of their romantic ideals if their relationship is them thinking they should die together.

Unless I'm forgetting some hints I don't find that to be strong evidence.

Archived