Jaime taking The Black

JaegrM

I've seen posts around here that indicate more than a few people believe this is an eventual outcome for our favorite (most despised) Kingslayer...

While I would LOVE to see Jaime doubly forsake his claim to CR, and Doubly vow to not have sex/father any more children (In my mind this would also be a willfull choice to distance himself from Cersei even further than he has been)

I just can't see how this could be done...

The scenarios I see are

1) Brienne warns him the BWBs is going to try him for his past crimes, and he chooses to give up his past transgressions by having Brienne take him North involving him in Jon's story (which again I've read a lot of speculation/wishing that those two would meet up.

- Problem with this is Pod and Hyle would likely be hanged and I don't know if the BWB would accept the idea of "a man's crimes are forgiven once he takes the black in order to you know let them live.

2) After somehow surviving Stoneheart and her Merry Men, he becomes the Valonquar and in order to escape his crimes takes the black and that could be his bittersweet ending, dying alone on the wall

-Problem; it's kinda forshadowed that Cersei and he will die together

3) He somehow manages to learn of Jon's heritage, and as we've seen he's kinda dissapointed in himself for letting Rhaegar and his children die, so he hoofs it to the NW to swear his oaths to Jon as LC

-Problem Jon's been stabbed, may be dead, and if he lives it's clear he's no longer welcome, and even if forgiven, Jon now being a "wight" in the eyes of his NW brothers will find a very cold reception for him being "undead"

The only POSSIBLE way I can see this shaking out is if Jon via Northmen/Free Folk/ Loyalist NW men still support him for SOME reason is named KitN, and instead of Winterfell rules from The Wall or the Castles of The Night's Watch, forgives Jaime for being a Lannister, accepts him into his "kingsgaurd" (or Jon's version of such an institution) and uses the members of his Kingsguard tocommand the other castles along The Wall or the castles along where The Wall once stood.

My question is to the people who believe/wish that Jaime will take the black....

How could that come to be?

The "foreshadowing" that Jaime and Cersei will die together consists of the two of them believing, in their respective POVs, that that's how they'll end. It's a silly romantic notion of the sort that GRRM usually subverts. Jaime and Cersei are disconnecting from each other, and dying separately would complete their severing quite nicely.

I could make a case that Jamie's arc was headed to the wall. I have always felt that at some point Jon and Jamie's path's would cross.

I think that if makes sense that he does head to the wall, whether he takes the black and their vows is another story. I just feel that if R+L=J is true then Jamie has to reconcile that he might not have failed his Prince after all. Also as a side note I believe that Dayne isn't dead and if he's making his way to the wall. I feel like Dayne would act like Selmy and keep his identity secret for a time to watch for the taint. Jamie being on the wall could expose Dayne much like Jorah was trying to expose Selmy to Dany.

I don't think the nights watch will survive the series I do believe Jamie will end up at the wall an possibly swear his allegiance to Jon if he is revealed as rheagars son..I see Jamie's redemption tied in with Jon's story .

Jaime was quite close to Rhaegar. Maybe he sees something about Jon that reminds him of the Prince and we'll have more "clues".

Total strech here, suppose something untoward were to happen to Tommen. I see that as a circumstance that could lead to Jaime being dismissed from the KG. I don't see him returning to the Rock, maybe the wall. Of course for any of this to occur he also needs to not be hanging from a tree in the next Brienne POV.

I think people take the bittersweet quote way too seriously. not every charatter has to have a bittersweet ending. i think it means that some people will die, and some will survive. simplle as that. some people will be sad and some happy. not everyone has to have their own bittersweet ending.

I don't think the nights watch will survive the series I do believe Jamie will end up at the wall an possibly swear his allegiance to Jon if he is revealed as rheagars son..I see Jamie's redemption tied in with Jon's story .

:agree:

I know this is only from the show but it was really weird. In the show in episode 2 Jon and Jaime have a conversation on Jon taking the Black, well Jaime was being sarcastic as all hell but still, and it seemingly came out of nowhere. I think it foreshadows that they will interact in some way.

My dream is that Jaime joins Jon's KG, but I can also see him joining the NW to protect Jon.

Yeah and Jon will accept the man who threw his brother out of the window caused his fathers death(if no twincest then no death for Ned), then as a Lannister they killed his brother too, also don't forget Lannisters also forced Sansa to marry Tyrion, they rewarded Freys and Boltons etc.....

Jon might overlook somethings but after being betrayed by his "brothers" he won't be the same guy and even if he comes back as the same guy I don't think any human alive will forgive Jaime(Brienne forgives him because she never suffered at Jaimes hands so it is easier for her because she doesn't think about everything that Jaime caused).If GRRM makes Jon forgive Jaime or Tyrion or makes Jon an ally of Dany then ASOIAF is over for me.

There won't be a NW after all this anyway.NWs original vows didn't include child and wife or lands or victory parts but over NWs history there were some serious problems about these isues and those parts were added I think the original vow was the words Sam used to open that weirwood gate.NW will be over because it doesn't work anymore.Maybe in the end there won't even be a need for the Wall or NW.

Jaime tking black won't happen there is a very large distance between Riverrun and the Wall.Jaime will die with Cersei probably.

The "foreshadowing" that Jaime and Cersei will die together consists of the two of them believing, in their respective POVs, that that's how they'll end. It's a silly romantic notion of the sort that GRRM usually subverts. Jaime and Cersei are disconnecting from each other, and dying separately would complete their severing quite nicely.

Yeah. I seriously doubt that he's going to give Cersei the satisfaction of her and Jaime dying together. Everything including the notion that Jaime cares enough about her to die with her needs to be destroyed.

Archived