Jaime taking The Black

JaegrM

Bla bla bla blaaa bla bla JON bla blaa blaa bla Jon bla bla bla bla Hodor bla bla

It would be truly interesting if Jaime would join the NW but I dont see it happening logistically before the end of the series if he is going to spend more time in the Riverlands. The winter is also raging on and he is generally not liked in the north.

While I DO think Jaime will end up with Jon somehow, I don't think it will be by him taking the black. Quite honestly, I don't think Jon will be part of the NW either, and the NW itself will probably be forever changed by the time this Song ends.

The foreshadowing towards Jaime is very strong for him to either remains a Kingsguard (to a different King obviously) and maybe even be Hand to a different King. I think that Jaime will escape from the BWB the only way he really can; by promising to kill Cersei. Or make his crimes with her public to the realm, which would then dispossess Cersei and Tommen BOTH. He will prove that he is really "their man" by leading the BWB into Riverrun under the guise that he is a force under his control, in which they will completely wipe out the Lannister and Frey forces inside. Maybe even Lord Walder will be there, in which that completes the Frey story arc (as we already know what happened to the Frey forces in the North).

Of course news of what happened in Riverrun will be confused, so when Jaime turns up, Cersei will still take him in and maybe even be relieved to see him...but he will proclaim her his lover and Tommen a bastard. Then and only then, if they were going to execute him as well, would he POSSIBLY join the black. But I I don't think that will happen.

Jon grew up with Jory.

Jon grew up with Bran.

Jon has every reason to hate Jaime.

And being his father's son, would likely see Jaime as the smug, flippant asshole he is.

A guy who can befriend a Sam probably wouldn't have any warmth for a Jaime.

I'm not sure if Jon is completely aware of all of this though.

Jon grew up with Jory.

Jon grew up with Bran.

And being his father's son, would likely see Jaime as the smug, flippant asshole he is.

And Jaime couldn't care less about a bastard's forgiveness.

Jon grew up with Jory.

Jon grew up with Bran.

Right!!!

I need Jon to kill every Lannister he comes into contact with or die trying. He needs to point the Others in the direction of Casterly Rock and Kingslanding, also the Twins and the Dredfort

I would like him to, but I doubt it.

Let's be honest, redemption path or not, there are many crimes he needs to pay for and the Wall is the place for that. As is known, honour can be found in the Wall.

Why does Jaime have to pay for his crimes ? Or rather why is guaranteed that since character x did something bad, they will have to pay for it later ? I could totally see somebody like Dany doing lots of questionable but sitting all happy on the Iron Throne with nobody calling for her head.

Why does Jaime have to pay for his crimes ? Or rather why is guaranteed that since character x did something bad, they will have to pay for it later ? I could totally see somebody like Dany doing lots of questionable but sitting all happy on the Iron Throne with nobody calling for her head.

Exactly. This isn't a fairy tale, everyone doesn't have to get what they deserve.

I'm not talking about Dany, I'm talking about what I would like for Jaime.

I like the Jaime that's realising all the things he has done, either for love or stupidity. I didn't say "he should be locked in a black cell to root for all the eternity, the incestuous bastard!". I want him to triumph over his past mistakes and become a better man that doesn't regret his actions nor gets all the fingers pointed at him. He can have that in the Wall, bringing glory to the Night Watch -if there is a NW after the Others invasion- because I think that's more probable than him ending happily ever after with a wife and kids in Casterly Rock drinking wine with his pardoned brother. If he ends up happily in CR, fine. But if he's in the Wall, I'm perfectly ok with it, it would be a "bittersweet" ending for him, and personally, I think it's deserving.

The "foreshadowing" that Jaime and Cersei will die together consists of the two of them believing, in their respective POVs, that that's how they'll end. It's a silly romantic notion of the sort that GRRM usually subverts. Jaime and Cersei are disconnecting from each other, and dying separately would complete their severing quite nicely.

Actually, the clues point more towards Jaime and Cersei dying together by killing each other. Jaime is Cersei's valonqar, and I think while he is strangling her with the Hand's chain she will mortally wound him with his sword as he can't block it off with one hand.

He needs to be in KL to do that, and so he won't take the black.

Doesn't stabbing someone in the neck also kinda choke them ?

The prophecy is very specific about the valonqar wrapping his hands around her neck. Hard for Jamie to do, since he's only got one hand.

Fire Eater, any number of people could be the valonqar. Any little brother with a grudge against Cersei would do.

The prophecy is very specific about the valonqar wrapping his hands around her neck. Hard for Jamie to do, since he's only got one hand.

Fire Eater, any number of people could be the valonqar. Any little brother with a grudge against Cersei would do.

But the clues point specifically to Jaime.

Tyrion killed Shae with the Hand's chain wrapped around her neck, and Jaime could do the same with Cersei. GRRM is known for irony, and Jaime and Cersei would die together, but not in a romantic way but by killing each other. Basically, a subversion of the two star-crossed lovers dying together.

Archived