Who would be the worst character to sit the Iron Throne realistically?

LdOfWfll

Worst is Littlefinger as he is willing to burn the realm to be the king of its ashes.

Best Ruler IMO?Umm I would go with....Myrcella

*Also all these people saying Jon would be terrible seem to forget hes done a good job winning the loyalty of the free-folk.I mean hell he has even gotten some of them to take the black.*

Realistically & Alive:

1: Euron: He is as evil as Ramsey, but a ***** more clever. A scary & deadly combo.

2: Cersei: Read a Feast for Crows. Her stupidity was the best part of the book. I mean, just wow. She has become a characture of Robert,but worse since he at least was smart enough to surround himself with smarter people.

3: Dany(as of Dance): She is good at getting support & has good values, but ***** has she made both dumb, and cruel mistakes. I believe she can improve, but Westeros is **** if she does not.

Not some abstract "other characters", but, specifically, Ramsay Bolton. Yep, that's good ol' irrational Dany hate in all its splendor. You really wanna pretend it's anything else?

Well, I'm not pretending it's something else - it is something else. An opinion, and not hate. I wouldn't like to see Dany sitting the Throne before the likes of Ramsay.

Clearly you're trying to stir.

I think people are mixing up worst character to sit the IT and worst character to sit the IT realistically. I agree Ramsay would be the most horrible ruler, but come on guys. How in the blazing hell is he or Walder Frey ever going to realistically sit the Iron throne. As to those who actually can and may sit the IT:

Dany- She's empathic and having 3 dragon sure helps in gaining support but she's proven herself an incompetent ruler in Mereen. Add that to her bouts of cruelty (see the Wine seller's daughters) and the fact that Westeros is presently wrecked by the Wot5K and will be truly screwed once winter sets in (due to the shortage of food), and Dany, who will definitely bring fire and blood to Westeros, is the close to the worst thing that can happen for the smallfolk in Westeros right now.

Cersei- See AFFC.

Euron- Very cruel and selfish but also very clever at maintaining his position and gaining support.

Arriane- She's vain, with very little political acumen and always convinced she's very clever and doing the right thing

And when with any of this was there an election?

Sure some people chose her, but that is far from an election.

Oh good, elected by a small selection of raiders, rappers and pillagers to rule over an entire continent of a far less barbaric and supposedly "evolved" society. Yeah, makes complete sense! Because the people of Westeros would totally pick Euron (!!!) over Dany, given the choice!

I think people are mixing up worst character to sit the IT and worst character to sit the IT realistically. I agree Ramsay would be the most horrible ruler, but come on guys. How in the blazing hell is he or Walder Frey ever going to realistically sit the Iron throne. As to those who actually can and may sit the IT:

Dany- She's empathic and having 3 dragon sure helps in gaining support but she's proven herself an incompetent ruler in Mereen. Add that to her bouts of cruelty (see the Wine seller's daughters) and the fact that Westeros is presently wrecked by the Wot5K and will be truly screwed once winter sets in (due to the shortage of food), and Dany, who will definitely bring fire and blood to Westeros, is the close to the worst thing that can happen for the smallfolk in Westeros right now.

Cersei- See AFFC.

Euron- Very cruel and selfish but also very clever at maintaining his position and gaining support.

Arriane- She's vain, with very little political acumen and always convinced she's very clever and doing the right thing

I don't like this "Dany proved herself to be completely incompetent in Meereen" statement. She made mistakes there, sure, but overall she achieved her goal: she brought peace, for a very short moment, she proved successful. There were bumps on the way, yes, but she got her peace. The fact that some opportunistic personality (almost certainly the Shavepate, who has a lot to gain from it) screwed it all up for her when he decided to poison her food is hardly her fault.

In fact, I think it comes to show how devoted Dany is to her people. Staying in Meereen to avoid leaving it alone for an Astaporic fate, sacrificing every part of her personality and even her dream to go to Westeros and home all to ensure her people don't get killed and a war doesn't break out when she could easily just go to Westeros (in multiple opportunities, mainly with Zorro Zohan Ducksauce). Trying to juggle the most politically fucked up situation in Planetos (forcing a new structure on a society that thrives on slavery). I don't think many characters would have faired well trying to rule that place without sacrificing their values, certainly not ones as inexperienced as Daenerys.

Yes. Dany is vain. Dany isn't quick to listen to her advisors once her mind is set. Dany has a twisted sense of vengeance, retaliating in very cruel and violent ways when best to forgive and forget. She is certainly not the best contender for the Throne. Nor the second best. Nor the third. But Dany would (overall) be good for Westeros in my opinion. With her experience in Meereen, I'm sure she learned a lot of lessons and will become much more forward thinking (maybe freeing these slaves won't do them any good at all?). I think what Westeros needs right now more than all is a leader who cares about their people. The place is ravaged by war, and the Others and dragons haven't even left their mark yet. When all of that is done, the people will need someone who will factor the small folk in their decision, who would devote themselves to them. Not necessarily someone that would fair well in a hostile political environment. Not someone like Littlefinger or Tywin that knows how to manipulate people into doing what he wants. Someone who cares.

Dany fits that bill.

ETA: I agree on Euron, Arianne and Cersei, though. But Arianne isn't really a contender, she's more of a contender to being the wife of a contender.

I agree.

She surely has power but "A dragon plants no trees".

Cersei would make the worst possible ruler. Looking at her record as Queen Regent, she has caused famine, civil war, economic turmoil, and reinstating faith militants. This was while she had little power, and when Tyrion and others tried their best to clean up after her. If she had absolute power with no checks and balances, another Doom would follow.

I can picture her making Qyburn the Defender of the Citadel, and we know how that would turn out...

I agree.

She surely has power but "A dragon plants no trees".

I don't even like Dany that much, but how can she be any worst than Euron/Greyjoys or Cersei? I think It's a bit biased to say she's the worst when we have Cersei arming the faith and Euron sacking and raping left and right.

Archived