Who would be the worst character to sit the Iron Throne realistically?

LdOfWfll

Mormont's Raven.

good times, good times.

three hundred peasants ask for food:

"We are hungry , we need food or we die !"

"Die!, Die, die"

*Goldcloaks move towards shocked peasants*

:rofl:

I think you have a point here...

Seriously, though, someone mentioned the High Septon, and I can't disagree with that. While cruel characters like Ramsey and Gregor would be absolutely terrible, I believe a teocracy could cause a more widespread and lasting damage in Westeros.

Well then you could say Balon, Robb, and Renly, and Aegon the Conqueror were all "elected."

I don't know about Balon, Robb...I think the elected Ned thru him..but yes. Renly definitely. First choice anyway. Aegon.. Kinda hard to "elect". I like a united empire, but the time of the unification is shitty. I say he was accepted rather than elected. The Targs a generation later surely wouldve been elected, having seen the good that came with the unification..

:rofl:

I think you have a point here...

Seriously, though, someone mentioned the High Septon, and I can't disagree with that. While cruel characters like Ramsey and Gregor would be absolutely terrible, I believe a teocracy could cause a more widespread and lasting damage in Westeros.

I did.. haha. Well, High Septon would be horrible (still better than Red Priest) but I posted more direct. High Sparrow. These parts were hard to read in feast. High Sparrow would be horrible. But I see him end like Savanorola. Cersei will undo her mistake. She'll get her revenge.

Realistically, a lot of the characters people are rooting for to take the throne could all potentially and realistically turn out horrible rulers.

Daenerys

Jon

Stannis

Sansa

Aegon

They could all turn out bad eggs. Or simply just incompetent rulers.

Daenerys: has yet to show any ruling potential. She's just a conqueror right now. And even her record on that is debatable. Plus, the dragons make me wary of whether or not she'll turn out a benevolent ruler or adopt her dear old daddy's policies on how to handle problems in her kingdom.

Jon: his arch doesn't deal with politics very much at all, and what politics it does deal with are rather simplistic, military politics. Not civilian or court politics.

Stannis: Melisandre. Plus, he's unlovable.

Sansa: what type of ruler she could turn out to be depends a lot on whom she ends up aligned with and what role she plays. Is she with the Vale? Does she go back North? Is she with Jon, Aegon, Littlefinger, or herself? Pawn or player? And if she's a player and not just a pawn or some accessory to someone else's rule, what type of player is she? Littlefinger or Cersei 2.0, the new and improved Robb with new boob and vagina features, or something else completely? There's a lot of questions there.

Aegon: his origins are dubious, his claim shaky, his potential allies uneasy about him, and while he has the grooming to be a great king, so did hundreds of other monarchs who turned out to be rather shitty rulers. Him on the throne would be a reign plagued with controversy over his claim and the claims of his descendants for years to come. In a continent fresh out of civil war over conflicting and shaky claims to the throne and legitimacy, and probably heading straight into another war pretty soon, him even getting his ass onto the throne is a rather iffy situation.

Honestly, though, if I had to take my pick of the worst possible scenario: Cersei.

Mormont's Raven.

good times, good times.

three hundred peasants ask for food:

"We are hungry , we need food or we die !"

"Die!, Die, die"

*Goldcloaks move towards shocked peasants*

LOL.

Euron, definitely. He doesn't think like a King, but a pirate and a rapist. He rather simply savage the kingdoms instead of actually doing something for them.

Archived