Appreciating Daenerys as Villain

Metopheles

Oh and I think the yunkish and astapori went beyond any mercy when they used "chemical weapons" as siege strategy. That goes too far. They eradicated themselves with it. There is no chance that the city survives. Or the attackers.

Sample chapter spoilers:

If you're talking about the dead bodies they are flinging into the city, that's only been revealed in sample chapters. Might want to spoiler tag it.

Technically that's biological warfare.

Chemical weapons would be - I suppose - poisoning the wells. Using poison in general (like the crannogs do). I wouldn't make a huge to-do out of it. Dany should have poisoned the wells, it seems.

Sample chapter spoilers:

If you're talking about the dead bodies they are flinging into the city, that's only been revealed in sample chapters. Might want to spoiler tag it.

Technically that's biological warfare.

Chemical weapons would be - I suppose - poisoning the wells. Using poison in general (like the crannogs do). I wouldn't make a huge to-do out of it. Dany should have poisoned the wells, it seems.

didn't they mention it in Barristan's last chapter in dance ? And the Pale Mare came from Astapor, I take this as an attack from there, actually. It seems like a scheme.

and the wells ? didn't they mention it in Tyrions chapter that they poisoned the wells ?

sorry about the spoiler if it was. i rarely use that code thing

I don't think we're getting any new POVs. Maybe a prologue or epilogue?

I thought I read somewhere in an interview (yeah, written things...I prefer hearing him say it, to be sure)

It seems like lots of people are fans of Daenerys becoming a personification of apocalypse.

I would certainly like her more character more as a villain, but what's the point of destroying everything and rulling a charred land? Even good ol' Sauron would not go that far.

What Astarpori were involved in this ? Didn't they all die or ran to Dany?

I go by my stupid assumption that the sick people that came from astapor were actually a revenge to dany. It just seemed logical to me, though I can't prove if this is right. Just a good guess. It seems plausible, though. Given that

the yunkish throw corpses, say same strategy

It seems like lots of people are fans of Daenerys becoming a personification of apocalypse.

I would certainly like her more character more as a villain, but what's the point of destroying everything and rulling a charred land? Even good ol' Sauron would not go that far.

Targaryen mentality, perhaps?

It can be awesome to read.

Gives a cool ending, a great message.

Fight so long until there is nothing left fighting for, nor over.

Not much of a point at all, but that's kind of where I see Dany's arc going. I can see her becoming even more ruthless, vindictive and delusional about her entitlement to the IT on her quest for power in Westeros to the point there's nothing left for her to rule.

She's not Stannis. :lol:

Wouldn't it be great if there would be a King Salomon scenario of Stannis and Daenerys having to decide like the two mothers over the baby ? And Dany refuses to have it cut in half/harmed and therefore is selected as rightful ruler ? Cause Stannis would never give up. But Daenerys might give up for the greater good.

Personally, I can't truly appreciate Daenerys as a villain, simply because I cannot see her becoming one. I appreciate the 'villanous' qualities she possesses now, and how they are an integral part of her character, but I maintain that she will always be a gray, divisive character who does both good and bad.

Wouldn't it be great if there would be a King Salomon scenario of Stannis and Daenerys having to decide like the two mothers over the baby ? And Dany refuses to have it cut in half/harmed and therefore is selected as rightful ruler ? Cause Stannis would never give up. But Daenerys might give up for the greater good.

He would fight to the bitter, bloody end. Everyone knows that. He's used up his own forces so now he's requesting northern aid and even the wildlings. Despite knowing the Iron Throne is in debt due to his brother's spending and the country is in terrible shape, he's still signing loans with the Iron Bank.

I bring this up because it's Stannis that's becoming more ruthless, vindictive and delusional about his quest for the Iron Throne.

If people actually cared about torn and tattered Westeros, they'd want him to stop fighting. But, nah. Since Stannis deserves the throne, he can fight as long as he wants, use as much money as he wants, and lose as many lives as he wants.

He would fight to the bitter, bloody end. Everyone knows that. He's used up his own forces so now he's requesting northern aid and even the wildlings. Despite knowing the Iron Throne is in debt due to his brother's spending and the country is in terrible shape, he's still signing loans with the Iron Bank.

I bring this up because it's Stannis that's becoming more ruthless, vindictive and delusional about his quest for the Iron Throne.

If people actually cared about torn and tattered Westeros, they'd want him to stop fighting. But, nah. Since Stannis deserves the throne, he can fight as long as he wants, use as much money as he wants, and lose as many lives as he wants.

I don't get the logic here. Unless you're saying Dany will not be borrowing any money for her campaign (presumably she still has to pay for her soldiers and I can't see her coffers being endless even after the sacking of Slaver's Bay) and plans on using non-violent methods, I really don't how there's a difference between Stannis carrying on his war and Dany joining in.

I thought this wasn't supposed to be a Dany vs. Stannis thread?

Presumably only if you compare Stannis favorably to Dany.

I felt it necessary say. You can respond to it or not.

I think we can compare him. No hate though.

I think Stannis is a good guy, but far too fixed in his throne. I am like Davos, or would be if I would be his follower. I like him, like his claim, but am disgusted by his methods.

Archived