Loras skill level

fabio012

He's good at knocking men off horses with a stick. All his skill didn't help him a lot when that boiling oil came down. It's shown time after time that individual fighting ability is of minor importance in the greater scheme of things. Jaime, arguably the best fighter of his time, cut through a dozen or more men trying to kill Robb but was captured.

You win battles with quills and ravens as much as with armies, to imprecisely quote Tywin.

Ofcourse. Battles aren't won by one godlike warrior. Daemon Blackfyre may have been the greatest fighter of all time, and he was taken down by arrows.

Hes clearly an excellent fighter dont think his loss to brienne means much as she did by all accounts use something others considered unfair and losing at what is essentialy sparring once doesnt conclusively prove someone is def better..they are prob about even on foot

Hes prob the best on horseback in westeros + he kills two talented knights in rage (yep he gets the drop on them but that hints hes quite fast on the draw )

thanks!

that second link made my day (so far)

I call him Evil Little Bill on my blog so in some ways he might be worse than a Lannister. Maybe he's a Greyjoy.

very funny!

Ser Loras Tyrell, is regarded as one of the best swordsmen in Westros and probably one of the best jousters in Westors… it cannot be denied although young and arrogant that he is a better swordsman then people like Brienne of Tarth, Gregor Clegenae etc. the only thing that allows them to defeat loras is their strength over skill

I would say the top 6 swordsman as of the beginning of GoT would be:

• Jamie Lannister 1st
  • Barristan Selmy 2nd
  • Garlan Tyrell 3rd
  • Loras Tyrell 4th
  • Sandor Clegane 5th
  • Gregor Clegane 6th

Does that sound right ?

Ser Loras Tyrell, is regarded as one of the best swordsmen in Westros and probably one of the best jousters in Westors… it cannot be denied although young and arrogant that he is a better swordsman then people like Brienne of Tarth, Gregor Clegenae etc. the only thing that allows them to defeat loras is their strength over skill

I would say the top 6 swordsman as of the beginning of GoT would be:

• Jamie Lannister 1st

Barristan Selmy 2nd

Garlan Tyrell 3rd

Loras Tyrell 4th

Sandor Clegane 5th

Gregor Clegane 6th

Does that sound right ?

Yup about right

Halfhand is the best sword in the watch, but that only says so much.

Michel Redfort is supposedly one of the best in the Vale. Lyn Corbray is up there, Balon Swann, Bronze Yohn

Oberyn is supposed to be very good with a sword as well, he just used a spear against the Mountain.

Hmm

No one else is really jumping to mind. Brienne gets an honorable mention, but she gets taken down by scumbags with no talent.

I imagine in comparison to most of Westerosi nobility, Ned and Tarly are probably pretty good. Both served on the field in wars, though not necessarily at the front. Brynden Tully is probably up there, Syrio Forel is pretty amazing though his is a different style.

Yup about right

Halfhand is the best sword in the watch, but that only says so much.

Michel Redfort is supposedly one of the best in the Vale. Lyn Corbray is up there, Balon Swann, Bronze Yohn

Oberyn is supposed to be very good with a sword as well, he just used a spear against the Mountain.

Hmm

No one else is really jumping to mind. Brienne gets an honorable mention, but she gets taken down by scumbags with no talent.

I imagine in comparison to most of Westerosi nobility, Ned and Tarly are probably pretty good. Both served on the field in wars, though not necessarily at the front. Brynden Tully is probably up there, Syrio Forel is pretty amazing though his is a different style.

Jason Mallister, Hosteen Frey, and Walder Rivers are among the best fighters in the Riverlands. Addam Marbrand is atleast a great rider, and Lyle Crakehall is highly regarded by Jaime. I expect Yohn's remaining son to be pretty good as well. Since they were all trained by the best master at arms in the Vale.

Jason Mallister, Hosteen Frey, and Walder Rivers are among the best fighters in the Riverlands. Addam Marbrand is atleast a great rider, and Lyle Crakehall is highly regarded by Jaime. I expect Yohn's remaining son to be pretty good as well. Since they were all trained by the best master at arms in the Vale.

Aye, I think we may even be able to put Jason Mallister at 7-8 depending on where you put Yohn and his sons and Redfort.

Greatjon is supposedly a boss as well, and I bet Ilyn Payne would surprise some people.

Archived