Stannis' interest in naval battles, ships & Co.

The Onion Sleight

Dude. Roose was HOPING that he would do that. He was quite disappointed when he learned that Stannis didn't go for the bait.

I know it was Roose's plan and it was a good one imo but Roose doesnt know what hes dealing with in Stannis, Stannis wouldve found a way to take the Dreadfort quickly, the joke wouldve been on him.

Stannis was not on sea, he was on land, that Florent he appointed was in command and was responsible for the fleet.

Stannis was the Commander. The strategy was his. I find it hard to fathom how the repairing of a massive iron chain could have gone unnoticed by someone who's plan was to sail up the BB and take KL. Did Stannis have no spies in the city he was trying to take?

Stannis was the Commander. The strategy was his. I find it hard to fathom how the repairing of a massive iron chain could have gone unnoticed by someone who's plan was to sail up the BB and take KL. Did Stannis have no spies in the city he was trying to take?

No he didnt, the Antler men were Stannis men but he wasnt in contact with them.

Yes, Stannis should have consulted Google Earth before he left Storm's End. Or Imry could write him an e-mail before entering the Rush.

No he didnt, the Antler men were Stannis men but he wasnt in contact with them.

It's not good generalship to attack blindly. Stannis is a fearless, hard, disciplined soldier but I think he needs someone with greater tactical and strategic acumen to advise him. Otherwise he makes very bad decisions.

No seriously, there have been already several threads that came to the conclusion that Stannis did no wrong in appointing Imry his fleet commander. Imry was supposed to land the troops at the mud gate, something which he actually did albeit, losing ships (which wasn't part of the plan). Tyrion's miscalculation just helped.

Atleast the antler-men being tossed out via trebuchet would have told him, Stannis Fail. :thumbsdown:

Oh yeah sure like he wouldve automatically assumed that, your being irrational, he wouldve thought it was just another one of Joeffreys hobbies because the little punk was nuts after all.

It's not good generalship to attack blindly. Stannis is a fearless, hard, disciplined soldier but I think he needs someone with greater tactical and strategic acumen to advise him. Otherwise he makes very bad decisions.

What should he have done? The city is there, he can't do more than seize the moment.

No seriously, there have been already several threads that came to the conclusion that Stannis did no wrong in appointing Imry his fleet commander. Imry was supposed to land the troops at the mud gate, something which he actually did albeit, losing ships (which wasn't part of the plan). Tyrion's miscalculation just helped.

No worries Stannis will get another shot at it if Aurane joins him and Saan comes back, all he really needs now is pirates becausof whats about to happen in KL.

Oh, he knew. What he didn't knew was whether the chain would be ready in time, since it wasn't two days earlier. As Imry Florent knew.

Spot on.

lolwut? His land battle against Mance Rayder, he arrives via ranger tracks and forms up in the rear, the rangers under his command feint and draw away Mance's mobilised forces, he then smashes them and attacks the different part of Mance's army piecemeal. Or perhaps this was Cotter "More heart than wits" Pyke's tactical brilliance.

Archived