Stannis' interest in naval battles, ships & Co.

The Onion Sleight

Ok, so you're admitting that his strategic skills on land suck balls, but you're holding out on the hope that his skills at sea have not yet been disproven?

This thread was about his interest in naval battles and everything concerning ships.

You resorted to " Bu, bu, but Stannis can't fight in snow"

If the theory about Aurane traveling North to Stannis is true, he probably won't need Manderley. Also, although I'd love to see Stannis's naval ability firsthand, as I think it would be awesome, I suspect the best uses for any ships he gets is to transport fleeing northern smallfolk once the Wall breaks and the Others and wights flood in.

Aurane has set himself up as a Pirate King in the Stepstones. We know that from reliable sources.

known what exactly? that ships loaded with wildfyre were gonna kamikaze his ass or that a giant chain of green hell would cut off the ships retreat... nah!

It would have just required some basic, low level intelligence gathering to find out that Tyrion had repaired the chain. Stannis sailed blindly into a trap. Not the sign of a good commander. Tywin would never have fallen for it.

It would have just required some basic, low level intelligence gathering to find out that Tyrion had repaired the chain. Stannis sailed blindly into a trap. Not the sign of a good commander. Tywin would never have fallen for it.

You are truly the salt of the earth ;)

Stannis was not on sea, he was on land, that Florent he appointed was in command and was responsible for the fleet.

Alys Karstark told Jon of Arnolfs intentions to betray Stannis then Jon sends him the raven.

No, you're confused. Jon saved Stannis at the start of Dance, from marching on the Dreadfort with his "host" of 1500 remaining men. Jon told him that he would be cut to pieces in the 300 mile march across Umber lands, before he even reached the Dreadfort.

And that was before any Karstark betrayal issues were even in the picture.

Thanks to Jon's advice, Stannis was disuaded from this mad course of action, and went to beg the Mountain Clans for men instead. Which is the only reason he is still alive today.

No, you're confused. Jon saved Stannis at the start of Dance, from marching on the Dreadfort with his "host" of 1500 remaining men. Jon told him that he would be cut to pieces in the 300 mile march across Umber lands, before he even reached the Dreadfort.

And that was before any Karstark betrayal issues were even in the picture.

Thanks to Jon's advice, Stannis was disuaded from this mad course of action, and went to beg the Mountain Clans for men instead. Which is the only reason he is still alive today.

I corrected myself later in the thread but marching on the Dreadfort was a good plan imo he couldve taken it quickly somehow before Bolton wouldve gotten there, (maybe the wildlings couldve helped with that) Bolton was hundreds of miles away after all.

Aurane has set himself up as a Pirate King in the Stepstones. We know that from reliable sources.

That's why I began the sentences with "If the theory." Besides Aurane joining a side in war is more interesting than him pirating. I mean, we already have the Ironborn for that.

Yeah sure and that "reliable" source came from Qyburn, not exaclty a trustworthy guy.

Yes, Qyburn's not exactly reliable.

I corrected myself later in the thread but marching on the Dreadfort was a good plan imo he couldve taken it quickly somehow before Bolton wouldve gotten there, (maybe the wildlings couldve helped with that) Bolton was hundreds of miles away after all.

Dude. Roose was HOPING that he would do that. He was quite disappointed when he learned that Stannis didn't go for the bait.

That's why I began the sentences with "If the theory." Besides Aurane joining a side in war is more interesting than him pirating. I mean, we already have the Ironborn for that.

I think he will join someone, possibly Dany. His character seems to be set up for some bigger relevance and he's Valyrian (kind of).

Archived