Men of the rivers

Wmarshal

How long were they there? according to the timeline I referenced earlier Robb and the Blackfish were in the West for over 90 days , that sounds like a few months to me.

Until that timeline gets exact quotes please stop using it.

Of course Robb and Stannis are enemies - Robb has already refused to bend the knee to Stannis and Stannis has already declared Robb his enemy. Again siding with the Lannisters implies Robb is teaming up with them - he is not. They are signing a peace treaty(Robb had already proposed peace with the Lannisters before - I dont see why you think Robb is too proud to actually do it). Please try to understand the difference between a peace treaty and alliance. North Korea and South Korea have peace currently - does not mean they have joined up together.

Again you are comparing pure numbers - even after I have explained the loss is not the main threat, its the 20k+men that will join Stannis if Tywin kills Robb that is the main threat. Also you are very quick to write off a general that has managed to defeat Lannister armies at 3-1 odds. It is clear that Robb is a battlefield prodigy - if you think any battle against him is going to be easy you are sorely mistaken.

As for Martyn - he was not head of the scouts when the order was given - that would be the blackfish. He became head of the scouts after robb left

Robb never rejected Stannis, and Stannis never declared Robb his enemy. That is exactly teaming up with them. Before they killed his dad.

Pure numbers matter. And the Tyrells, who can bring legions, are still open allies that Baelish is talking to. Against glory and unthinking men like Stafford and Jaime, and largely surprise, and I am quiet surprised you think Robb's three victories put him in Tywin's class.

Yeah he was, Edmure was prepairing himself for the ride West, he was no longer head of scouts for the Riverlands.

Until that timeline gets exact quotes please stop using it.

who are you to tell me what to use or not use. That timeline is an incredible detailed piece of work and I'm going to use it. When a poster said that Robb and Blackfish were in the West for several months you told him that they weren't there for months , where did you get that information? should we just trust that you have some kind if timeline in your head and it's the gospel or should we actually use a timeline somebody actually created.

Robb never rejected Stannis, and Stannis never declared Robb his enemy. That is exactly teaming up with them. Before they killed his dad.

Pure numbers matter. And the Tyrells, who can bring legions, are still open allies that Baelish is talking to. Against glory and unthinking men like Stafford and Jaime, and largely surprise, and I am quiet surprised you think Robb's three victories put him in Tywin's class.

Yeah he was, Edmure was prepairing himself for the ride West, he was no longer head of scouts for the Riverlands.

This will be my last post on this topic - I cannot hold a discussion with someone who refuses to acknowledge basic facts. Please read CoK again and see when Robb offers the Lannisters peace(one of his terms were the return of Ned's body - how on earth can you say that this happened before Ned died) and What Stannis says about Robb.

The Tyrells only join the winning side - if KL falls they are more likely to join Stannis than Tywin, though I guess seeing that 3 kings have equal strength, they'll probably stay neutral.

Tywin's class?? Name one battle where Tywin has managed to win when facing similar odds that Robb faced. His victories are the the green fork and blackwater - during both of which he had numerical advantage and during both of which he failed to complete the main objective - Roose Bolton got out of the GF with the bulk of Robb's army and Tywin failed to pursue and Stannis escaped the BW.

This will be my last post on this topic - I cannot hold a discussion with someone who refuses to acknowledge basic facts. Please read CoK again and see when Robb offers the Lannisters peace(one of his terms were the return of Ned's body - how on earth can you say that this happened before Ned died) and What Stannis says about Robb.

The Tyrells only join the winning side - if KL falls they are more likely to join Stannis than Tywin, though I guess seeing that 3 kings have equal strength, they'll probably stay neutral.

Tywin's class?? Name one battle where Tywin has managed to win when facing similar odds that Robb faced. His victories are the the green fork and blackwater - during both of which he had numerical advantage and during both of which he failed to complete the main objective - Roose Bolton got out of the GF with the bulk of Robb's army and Tywin failed to pursue and Stannis escaped the BW.

Of them surrendering all the lands he took, which pretty much says later his mom made him do and him made the terms so no one would accept it , so please acting so superior. The Tyrells and Stannis do not mix, they would loose their heads.

Okay, he sent the Mountain out to scatter the Riverfolk then thru dozens of quick victories subdued the Riverlords.

who are you to tell me what to use or not use. That timeline is an incredible detailed piece of work and I'm going to use it. When a poster said that Robb and Blackfish were in the West for several months you told him that they weren't there for months , where did you get that information? should we just trust that you have some kind if timeline in your head and it's the gospel or should we actually use a timeline somebody actually created.

And showed at no point where it got the dates of Oxcross and robb's return. I look at it like this, Aray wasn't in Harrenhall for 9 months. Cat entered the Riverlands and heard of Robb's move, then, Red Ford's happen a while afte that, then Cat got the news of the taking Crag, Jaime's release then Cat's short time imprisonment. All this does not look like nine months. If you going to say I am wrong then, for love of god, please point out where I am wrong and tell me explain, don't put a link to a spreadsheet that doesn't eeven tell me where it got the dates the dates you are looking for.

And showed at no point where it got the dates of Oxcross and robb's return. I look at it like this, Aray wasn't in Harrenhall for 9 months. Cat entered the Riverlands and heard of Robb's move, then, Red Ford's happen a while afte that, then Cat got the news of the taking Crag, Jaime's release then Cat's short time imprisonment. All this does not look like nine months. If you going to say I am wrong then, for love of god, please point out where I am wrong and tell me explain, don't put a link to a spreadsheet that doesn't eeven tell me where it got the dates the dates you are looking for.

The spreadsheet shows Arya was in Harrenhall for six months not nine. You cannot even read the timeline properly how can I trust your timeline when all you have is "All this does not look like nine months"

what does nine months look like?

The spreadsheet shows Arya was in Harrenhall for six months not nine. You cannot even read the timeline properly how can I trust your timeline when all you have is "All this does not look like nine months"

what does nine months look like?

Then that even not sense, you just said Robb was there for nine months, how is that possible if Arya entered Harrenhall before he made his move?

You could for the life of me explain why you think each date you want me to look at, even if it doesn't give me an backing quotes for your points, is right instead of saying how wrong I am.

Archived