Do you believe Stannis will survive TWoW?

Waylin Stark

I've never understood why Stannis appeals to so many folks. I find that he's about as dry as a World War I era loaf of bread, and he has all the charisma of a rotting corpse. Which isn't to say that I hate him. I actually like his dry demeanor. Sometimes I too crave eating slimy oats with no fruits or honey.

All this could mean is to just disprove that he's AAR, which he doesn't even believe himself in. Maybe she only slays the lie itself.

Could go either way though.

Yeah, Stannis is obviously not AAR, him being AAR would just hold him back from being Stannis: he's not the hero anyone wants, he's the hero they're going to get whether they like it for not.

I've never understood why Stannis appeals to so many folks. I find that he's about as dry as a World War I era loaf of bread, and he has all the charisma of a rotting corpse. Which isn't to say that I hate him. I actually like his dry demeanor. Sometimes I too crave eating slimy oats with no fruits or honey.

I hope those answer any questions you might have:

Yeah, Stannis is obviously not AAR, him being AAR would just hold him back from being Stannis: he's not the hero anyone wants, he's the hero they're going to get whether they like it for not.

Exactly man. In the next series of books the chosen one will be referred to as the Stannis that was promised

Most of us are at peace with the fact that "our man" probably won't make it (this thread is perfect evidence of it), so I think - depending on the manner of his death - we'll go "Good show *stannisnod*" then root for whoever is opposing Stannis' doom :)

Btw, stannisnod needs to be a new smileyemotethingy.

it'll probably be Jon

Sort of. His soul won't but his body will. Personally I think that Stannis will be the Epilogue character for Winds of Winter, and he'll face the Others in battle, and then taken alive after losing the battle. The Others see the power in King's Blood as well, and they'll do a ritual on him which consumes his soul, but he'll be reborn with a new purpose as the Night's King.

I see him definitely surviving WOW, however surviving a DOS is open to debate. However him coming all this way means that GRRM must have big plans for him.

Not always, Robb came a long way, affected a lot of people and yet his purpose (ie, GRRM's plans for him) ended abruptly and (for most of us) unexpectedly.

Exactly man. In the next series of books the chosen one will be referred to as the Stannis that was promised

True words!

Btw, I don't buy this whole "Blue eyed king who casts no shadow and raises a red sword = Stannis" and "Slayer of Lies = definitely Dany".

I think, we're forgetting here some things:

Crackpot theory:

There're two people who are famous for having magnificent blue eyes and red swords: Stannis... and Brienne.

Brienne has beautiful blue eyes (check),

Oathkeeper is red (check),

people often think she's a man, so why no king ('cause there are soo many people calling themselves king nowadays)?! (check)

and "cast no shodow" = after her ominous events with LS and maybe UnBrienne (check).

And we shouldn't forget that Davos is the TRUE Slayer of Lies!

He's honesty and hard truths in person, e.g. remember him slaying Jared Frey's lies, aso.

I don't really know what that means for the prophecy's endgame... But Brienne / Davos instead of Stannis / Dany isn't completely unlikely :P.

Dany should be in position to both present a better claim to the Iron Throne and to prove Stannis isn't AAR without killing him, which would probably be more interesting, plotwise, than her killing him. Therefore, I think he won't die by his hand. Maybe the Boltons kill him, maybe the Others do, but not Daenerys.

Archived