Do you believe Stannis will survive TWoW?

Waylin Stark

I like Stannis but I predict Briennde will kill him

i doubt it. Brienne is no where near Stannis, and his days are numbered. It will likely be a horde of Others, a horde of Bolton soldiers, or Drogon's fire that will take him.

I think Stannis has a good chance of surviving WOW.

Part of me thinks Stannis gets the Iron Throne in the end, another think's he'll sacrifice Shireen & as he hears her screams he will in his despair, walk into the pyre proving he is not AA.

But that will happen in ADOS.

Stannis would never sacrifice Shireen. He'd probably sacrifice himself if it meant Shireen would sit on the throne.

Without those long, meandering, circular arguments about Dany's (in)ability to rule and Stannis' general asskickery... no, it doesn't bear thinking about.

I actually blame the (really) hardcore Daenerys fans for initiating both discussions, otherwise the Stannisness isn't something that needs to be addressed. It just is.

Which makes me wonder. IF Martin (by some very evil trick obviously, because in a fair fight he could not kill Stannis ;) ) kills Stannis (and also Shireen), what will happen to his followers? (And I don't mean within the books :D )

We are already fully prepared, just as much as him ;) If Vic will be still around he will probably become the target of my man-crushy affection.

Which makes me wonder. IF Martin (by some very evil trick obviously, because in a fair fight he could not kill Stannis ;) ) kills Stannis (and also Shireen), what will happen to his followers? (And I don't mean within the books :D )

I would cry, pull out a rambizzle knife, and carve my own head off live on CNN.

Well, maybe not so dramatic. I'd be a bit upset, but I'd be fooling myself if I really thought Stannis was going to make it out of this series alive. Could happen, but I don't see it.

Well, maybe not so dramatic. I'd be a bit upset, but I'd be fooling myself if I really thought Stannis was going to make it out of this series alive. Could happen, but I don't see it.

This pretty much sums it up.

This is the mindset you need to have while reading these books:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0083e8e737589e808158bca60d22e2bb/tumblr_mrhnoviVOs1qf2bspo1_400.gif

Doesn't Dany's visions in The House of the Undying show an image of Stannis waving lightbringer and she's called "slayer of lies". Doesn't this suggest she has to at least come into contact with him before the end. I think Stannis will eventually abandon his claim, after witnessing Dany's strength and become Commander of the Night's Watch (although I don't think there will be a wall I still think the order will exist in some form).

Doesn't Dany's visions in The House of the Undying show an image of Stannis waving lightbringer and she's called "slayer of lies".

All this could mean is to just disprove that he's AAR, which he doesn't even believe himself in. Maybe she only slays the lie itself.

Could go either way though.

Most of us are at peace with the fact that "our man" probably won't make it (this thread is perfect evidence of it), so I think - depending on the manner of his death - we'll go "Good show *stannisnod*" then root for whoever is opposing Stannis' doom :)

Btw, stannisnod needs to be a new smileyemotethingy.

Archived