Kingsguard an the end..

Bearded Swordsman

Let's assume that at the end of the books the Seven Kingdoms won't be torn apart and everybody will have one king once again ( i don't think that IT is going to made it till the end Valounquar anyone :P ? )

My question is who do you think will be in the kings/quenns guard ?

My theory is that whoever will rule will set a new law so that members of the KG will be able to marry. Just a thought

The problem with this is that it totally depends on who ends up as King.

The most likely people:

Dany

Jon

Stannis

I tend to think that neither of them will rule all of Westeros but since for the thread we are assuming that someone will, here we go.

- Stannis. He doesn't even have a Kingsguard because the guy doesn't worship the seven. He'll probably have some royal bodyguard but not the Kingsguard we know to exist now. As to who will be in it is anyone's guess.

- Jon. He probably wouldn't have a Kingsguard either as he is a worshiper of the Old Gods. He would if he marries Dany but that directly leads us to the next one.

- Dany. If she wins the throne then she'll be the only one who keeps the tradition of Kingsguard. Obviously Barristan will be in it if he's still alive and probably Jorah if she forgives him but it's kind of hard to think of anyone else. Maybe Brienne but I think that's about it.

Since the majority of the KG now isn't anything special I wouldn't count on any of them being spared, like Selmy in RR, and offered their old spot back. That allows for a brand new Kingsguard for whomever wins. So let's go through some of the current top contenders for the Iron Throne and figure out their Kingsguard.

1) Tommen- no change from current, unless to fill in for killed members.

2) Aegon- Rolly Duckfield, various members of the GC who distinguish themselves along with other second, third, fourth sons of lords who join him and distinguish themselves in combat for him.

3) Daenerys- Barristan Selmy, the Unsullied don't have any interest in marriage anyway so I'd guess a few of them.

4) Stannis/ Shireen- an extra son of Davos potentially, other knights who stand to inherit nothing and loyally served Stannis.

I could see Jaime doing something epic and totally honorable thus keeping his position bht he would have to like save,Danny, kill cersi and about 30 other people in from of barristan or something similiar, I doubt this will happen nor am I predicfting that all im saying is he has the only chance among the currant KG , esp woth the foreshadowing of him constantly turning down power and wanting to stay kg

Archived