Where Can I Find/Start a Discussion About...

Uldra I

I love the books, the shows, and these forums. I don't mind spoilers, in fact I rather enjoy them when I run across one. However, I don't want to upset spoiler intolerant people, so I've pretty much restricted myself to TWoW forum. That way I can't spoil anyone who has read all the books, right? Well after the recent episode "Oathkeeper", I've been searching all the areas of the forums for a discussion about Bran being captured at Craster's Keep in the show vs. the material in the books. I was just going to finally try starting a thread and found out that show material can't be posted in the books forums. Already knew that spoilers are frowned on in the show forums which is what a thread written by readers that discusses the meaning of show divergence, would be. Now that the shows are beginning to overtake and make significant changes from material in the books, some of us readers might like a place where we can discuss the differences between the two without being banned. Is there a place on this board for discussions between book readers about the show?

ps. I want to thank the moderators for doing such a fantastic job, and I'd hate to tackle this problem and wouldn't even hope to keep everyone happy. Don't know how you balance it all as it is.

If you want to discuss a spoilery topic about the show, you just need to write "Book spoilers" or something along the lines in the title of the topic so that people will know. For example, you could go to the Oathkeeper section and start a topic about Bran if you would like, you just have to write Book Spoilers in the title. Though there seems to already be a few discussions about Bran, but I haven't really read what those are about. Otherwise, if you are posting in a place that's supposed to be spoiler free, you can use the spoiler tag.

I hope that answered your question! I'm really tired right now though so I hope I was of enough help :lol:

If you want to discuss a spoilery topic about the show, you just need to write "Book spoilers" or something along the lines in the title of the topic so that people will know. For example, you could go to the Oathkeeper section and start a topic about Bran if you would like, you just have to write Book Spoilers in the title. Though there seems to already be a few discussions about Bran, but I haven't really read what those are about. Otherwise, if you are posting in a place that's supposed to be spoiler free, you can use the spoiler tag.

I hope that answered your question! I'm really tired right now though so I hope I was of enough help :lol:

Thanks. :-) Hoping maybe moderators can start a thread that will be safe for reader/show/don't-mind-spoilers people.

Books vs TV threads: Go to Genral Game of thrones TV subforum. Any books/TV comparisons belong to TV subforum.

Sample chapters from TWOW: The Winds of Winter subforum

Any other discussion about books(without mentioning show): General ASOIAF subforum

If you talk about books on TV subforum, you have to put spoiler tags, or when you open a thread, emphasize that.

If you talk about TWOW chapters on General ASOIAF forum, you have to put spoiler tags, plus you can't say whose POV it is published

TPATQ and D&E novellas can all be posted on General ASOIAF, without spoiler tags, since they are not considered spoilers anymore.

There are two current threads in the Oathkeeper forum where the discussion is appropriate.

This one and this one.

Spoilers are not the only issue for keeping the discussions separate. Forum performance issues (keeping duplicate topics to a minimum) is also relevant, as is the fact that the show is a different interpretation of the story - and yes that is a contentious position but that is the policy.

Finally, the rules for posting in the GoT Forum are here.

Archived