[Book Spoilers] Bran and Company

BurDoc725

So the plot summary for episode 4 states that Bran and the gang will "stumble on shelter". Could this mean we're going to see the CoTF already? I know it's a tad early, but what else could they do with that storyline? D&D can milk Bran's visions for all they're worth once he meets Bloodraven. I suspect this is how the audience will eventually find out about Jon's lineage.

My only reservation is that the last episode of Season 4 is called "Children," which could also imply the CoTF introduction. What do you guys think?

(Cripes, i feel a bit giddy that these finally opened! At last, we can get past that scene, whew.)

My sense is that this year, episode 10 is going to be the 'yowser' scene, rather than episode 9 as before. Jaime (the children) will confess to Tyrion the real history of Tysha, a soul-crusher for Tyrion, for sure. Tyrion(the children)/Shae/Tywin/whang! I think it will also be the episode when Dany chains her 'children.'

So the plot summary for episode 4 states that Bran and the gang will "stumble on shelter". Could this mean we're going to see the CoTF already? I know it's a tad early, but what else could they do with that storyline?

Many people assume that they'll enjoy the warm hospitality of the mutineers at Craster's.

Many people assume that they'll enjoy the warm hospitality of the mutineers at Craster's.

Aye, that's what I'm expecting too. Interested to see how that will come about. I suppose it will be another case of "so close, yet so far" for the Stark children.

Aye, that's what I'm expecting too. Interested to see how that will come about. I suppose it will be another case of "so close, yet so far" for the Stark children.

I wonder if they'll meet? I doubt it, but a farewell scene is a definite possibility, sort of like Aragorn letting Frodo go ahead on his quest. With Book-Bran's age, that'd be absurd, but with Show-Bran's age - and the fact that he now looks about six months younger than Jon, and is probably taller! - it wouldn't seem entirely ridiculous.

Thankfully Bran has dead legs, so he wouldn't have to tower over him if that were the case, haha.

I dunno, I still don't think Jon would just let him go off into the wild like that - especially when you consider a massive wildling army and WW infestation could catch and kill him without hesitation. I suppose nowhere is really safe for Bran at the moment, but I'd think Jon would want him under his own protection.

Rather than Bran reaching the Children in the 4th episode and rushing through his ADWD material, I think it's more likely this "shelter" refers to where Bran and co. rest in an abandoned wildling longhall during a storm. If I recall correctly Bran has more warg dreams where he encounters the dead nights watchmen mutineers that were killed by Coldhands, followed by Bran's accusation of him being a "monster who cannot pass below the wall". CH may potentially show up this episode, save them from the mutineers and lead them to the shelter - or, like in the book, Bran finds it through Summer.

Sam didn't feel the same way about Gilly and Little Sam, so who knows lol.

I think that's more of a case of Sam trying to protect Gilly from his own brothers, considering the scene right before their talk was Thorne and Slynt inspecting the new recruits: Raper, raper, thief, thief and raper...

But yeah, considering they know about the wildlings to the south it was a little irrational, and I think jealousy played a hand in it.

I'm probably not the first to suggest this: Jon wants to launch an expedition to Craster's Keep - and Thorne doesn't seem very supportive. Could Locke's sudden arrival provide the men Jon needs? Locke could pretend to work with Jon in order to gain his trust, hoping to Mandon Moore him if the opportunity arises.

I don't think the WW appearance is in a vision, I think it's an actual appearance and it either is an encounter with Bran and crew that chases them into Crasters or they might play out the baby sacrificing bit at Craster's with Rast leaving the baby for the WW.

In any case, Bran's on a collision course with the mutineers.

It seems like POV shot. Could it be the rumored disturbing scene? Baby's pov of WW taking it away?

But if it were, I think in order to fit the description of 'violent and disgusting' the WW would likely have to do something to the baby--eat it, tear it apart, whatever. And that would give away the info about what the WWs actually do with all the baby boys they've taken. And up to where we are in the books so far, we still don't know what the WWs do with the baby boys, do we?

Anyone else want to see Hodor kill someone?

I understand he'a a gentle giant, but i'd like to Bran to warg into him again and go all Incredible Hulk on someone.

With regards to Locke, the way they set him up in episode 2, suggested he was going after Bran and Rickon. I got that they started talking about Jon Snow, but they only assumed he might be hiding them at the Wall, so for Locke to act like a spy seems a bit weird, unless he doesn't expect the Night's Watch to believe he's a Stark loyalist.

Archived