Acrophobia Leftovers!

Rill Redthorn

Damn. Maybe I should have gone with that one instead. :blushing: But thanks! lol

I thought the one you submitted was the best of the round (if I recall correctly).

Your leftover is good as well though.

It was good, Reek Havoc. Here's my rejected one for that round. I was sooooooo pleased with the first two words but the last two were a bit shoe-horned.

Freypie jiggery-pokery! Yah boosucks!!

:D Dude, for the record, I would have voted for that simply for the fact that you forced me to learn something new. LOL I'm American, so I had to look up about 3/4 of that.

And thanks DG!

:D Dude, for the record, I would have voted for that simply for the fact that you forced me to learn something new. LOL I'm American, so I had to look up about 3/4 of that.

And thanks DG!

I'm flattered you went to the trouble of looking it all up! Fyi I asked Asshat's opinion and basically said he didn't understand it at all. I realised it must be too English English so went with my other one the fatality Jon yes but one. I love entries with strong idiomatic American English because I think you guys are so creative with slang. ( 'cluster f*ck' is a fine example of a viscerally clear if obscene image).

I had 'Fiery jaws! Yronwood bewails.'. Meh.

Btw, I think the rule discussed in a previous game was that hyphenated words like 'jiggery-pokery' should be counted as two words. Not sure if we're applying it though and I do really like your entry.

Btw, I think the rule discussed in a previous game was that hyphenated words like 'jiggery-pokery' should be counted as two words. Not sure if we're applying it though and I do really like your entry.

Wouldn't there also be an issue with using an acronym within an acronym then?

I don't really want to be THAT guy, but... :leaving:

Does the host have to specify such rules to his/her own preference or is there a standard accepted set to work from?

Wouldn't there also be an issue with using an acronym within an acronym then?

I don't really want to be THAT guy, but... :leaving:

Does the host have to specify such rules to his/her own preference or is there a standard accepted set to work from?

No, you're right! I've turned down potential entry ideas over that before because I assumed it would be an issue.

I had 'Fiery jaws! Yronwood bewails.'. Meh.

Wow. Didn't even know that was an issue. Your entry is very clever and obscure. I look at entries like this and just admire such h depth of knowledge of the text.

I'm flattered you went to the trouble of looking it all up! Fyi I asked Asshat's opinion and basically said he didn't understand it at all. I realised it must be too English English so went with my other one the fatality Jon yes but one. I love entries with strong idiomatic American English because I think you guys are so creative with slang. ( 'cluster f*ck' is a fine example of a viscerally clear if obscene image).

Actually I think that one originated in the military where the term f*uck usually has no sexual connotations.

I have a few leftovers from round 5, but this one in particular was the one that was battling with my entry:

Fatally, Tywin's callous injustice unexpectedly derails

I went for the other because I thought I was being clever with the final word - "death(s)" - referencing the return of Catelyn as LS. I thought that would get it votes. How wrong I was!

My other options were:

Feisty Tyrells continue irritable usurping designs

Freeing Tyrion causally instigates unexpected denouement

Frightfully traumatic: courting instigates unpredictable deaths

I accidentally came up with one that fits better for ADWD as well:

Fearless Targaryen casually invites unctuous Daario

Freeing Tyrion causally instigates unexpected denouement

I accidentally came up with one that fits better for ADWD as well:

Fearless Targaryen casually invites unctuous Daario

That one is awesome! I tried to find a way to use denouement, but I couldn't quite make it work.

The ADwD one is good too.

My two favorite leftovers from Round 5 were:

Fantastic Tyrion can't inspire undying devotion.

and

Father Tywin can't ignore unforseen disembowelment.

Here are the true rejects of the bunch:

Family ties create interesting underlying dynamics.

Family ties cause interesting undermining, disasters.

Future tricky. Can intuition unlock destiny?

That one is awesome! I tried to find a way to use denouement, but I couldn't quite make it work.

Yeah my main concern with it was that the use of 'denouement' could be seen as a tad pretentious. It was after asking a few outside opinions that made me put it out into 3rd choice. Perhaps I was wrong to dismiss it.

Actually I think that one originated in the military where the term f*uck usually has no sexual connotations.

The combination of taboo language and death provokes some eye-watering gallows humour, doesn't it? It makes me think of boil clusters too. Yuck. In fact, should that be a cluster yuck!?

The combination of taboo language and death provokes some eye-watering gallows humour, doesn't it? It makes me think of boil clusters too. Yuck. In fact, should that be a cluster yuck!?

Indeed it should be a cluster yuck! Nice word play there!

Archived