Main Cast by Number of Episodes

Travy1991

I really hope Arya doesnt miss any more episodes this season. She is confirmed for 6 and 8 and will almost definitely be in the final two episodes (she was spotted filming with David Nutter who directed 9 and 10). The only one im not sure about is episode 7, but that episode is called 'The Gift' so i makes me think she will be in it. Im also hoping that Sansa and Tyrion miss at least one episode (8 for Tyrion and 9 for Sansa), not because i dislike the characters but because they really dont need to be in 10 episodes. The only characters who really should/could have been in all 10 were Cersei and Jon

I think the top six will likely be the same after the series is over. Tyrion, Cersei, Jon, Dany, Arya and Sansa, unless one or more die this or next season

I really hope Arya doesnt miss any more episodes this season. She is confirmed for 6 and 8 and will almost definitely be in the final two episodes (she was spotted filming with David Nutter who directed 9 and 10). The only one im not sure about is episode 7, but that episode is called 'The Gift' so i makes me think she will be in it. Im also hoping that Sansa and Tyrion miss at least one episode (8 for Tyrion and 9 for Sansa), not because i dislike the characters but because they really dont need to be in 10 episodes. The only characters who really should/could have been in all 10 were Cersei and Jon

I think the top six will likely be the same after the series is over. Tyrion, Cersei, Jon, Dany, Arya and Sansa, unless one or more die this or next season

Arya is being screwed over this season. She'll probably miss a few more episodes. D&D haven't shown that they consider her to be important, which is unfair since they are so enamored with Sansa (as they always like to point out.) What happened to "two sides of the same coin"?

Arya is being screwed over this season. She'll probably miss a few more episodes. D&D haven't shown that they consider her to be important, which is unfair since they are so enamored with Sansa (as they always like to point out.)

D&D always talk about how they love both sisters (and with Arya, I'd say they've generally shown it more). Beyond that, Arya has had the sixth-most screentime of any character this season, and more than, for instance, Jaime. She's doing fine.

Arya is being screwed over this season. She'll probably miss a few more episodes. D&D haven't shown that they consider her to be important, which is unfair since they are so enamored with Sansa (as they always like to point out.) What happened to "two sides of the same coin"?

I think they have to slow down Arya story line because her time with the FM will extend into season 6

The house of black and white is quite a big expensive set,and add the other Bravos scenes all essentially all for one char

I dont think they'll go to the trouble of building the HoBaW next season, I think Arya's arc there will be finished by the end of the season and season 6 will send her elswehere.

I'm trying to figure if we still have one named speaking character that didnt get any line so far in the season, but with Dolorous Edd and Tormund (and to some extent Bowen Marsh) having their first lines in 505, I cant see any.

i really dont get the show runners hate Arya thing at all...they have build a seperate set for her charcter alone for gods sake

yes she is going to appear in 3 out of the first 6 episodes ...but i am sure if you count her screen time she will be in top 5 ...so i dont see a problem her appearing in a total of 6 episodes because considering she is alone and only one present in bravos

now coming to Wall ,KL ,Meereen and Winterfell ..it looks like winterfell will appear in all ten episodes considering number of characters there theon,boltons,sansa,brienne and podrick and stannis on his way

KL has been absent in episode 5 so either KL is going to appear in all the remaining episodes or again take a break in episode 9...which means it will be in 8 or 9 episodes

Wall has been in all five episodes but its not going to be in the episode 6 and i dont think it will appear in episode 9 either so it will be having 8 episodes

meereen was absent in episode 3 and not going to appear in episode 6 ...so i think it will be present in the remaining episodes..which means another 8 episodes

for me jon dany cersei and tyrion should be top 4 characters with screen time because they are the ones who have plenty of chapters in AFFC/ADWD

seems like sansa may appear in alll or 9 episodes and overtake some characters but i think its understandable because she is thrust into a storyline where lot of characters collide..iam waiting to see where sansa end up in overall screentime this year ...she should not have more screentime then dany cersei and tyrion

This is why i have a problem with Arya missing so many episodes. I would have no problem with it if other characters were given the same treatment, but they have had no problem creating a new (huge) storyline for Sansa (who doesnt have any chapters left) and yet they havent done the same for Arya. Why cant they come up with new scenes? Maybe send more characters to Braavos (Sam has done nothing this season so why not expand on that?). She actually has a decent amount of content left to warrant more episodes (learning the language, how to lie and spy, poisoning the man with a coin, killing nightswatch deserter, meeting Sam, going blind and most importantly changing faces. They seem to be leaving a lot of that out and instead focusing on giving Sansa a lot to do. I love Sansa, but she should not be getting more episodes/screentime than most of the other characters)

This is why i have a problem with Arya missing so many episodes. I would have no problem with it if other characters were given the same treatment, but they have had no problem creating a new (huge) storyline for Sansa (who doesnt have any chapters left) and yet they havent done the same for Arya. Why cant they come up with new scenes? Maybe send more characters to Braavos (Sam has done nothing this season so why not expand on that?). She actually has a decent amount of content left to warrant more episodes (learning the language, how to lie and spy, poisoning the man with a coin, killing nightswatch deserter, meeting Sam, going blind and most importantly changing faces. They seem to be leaving a lot of that out and instead focusing on giving Sansa a lot to do. I love Sansa, but she should not be getting more episodes/screentime than most of the other characters)

Exactly. But people will still try to say "oh, it's because there isn't much to work with. Oh, she still has so much screentime. She's doing just fine!!!" They are still cutting a lot out and ignoring potential material, and excluding her from episodes. But Arya fans are never allowed to complain like the others do.

She actually has a decent amount of content left to warrant more episodes (learning the language, how to lie and spy, poisoning the man with a coin, killing nightswatch deserter, meeting Sam, going blind and most importantly changing faces.

They've cast the man she poisons, so that's in, and one imagines the changing faces stuff is too (don't know about blindness). The Sam/Night's Watch stuff looks to be out, based on the changes made to the Night's Watch plot. Learning a language falls under the header of things the show finds too boring to show.

Of the three Stark sibling POVs, Arya is the only one who actually gets her book plot arc dramatized (Bran got sent offscreen, Sansa lost her whole story and got shoved into a completely different plot). I would think that would be a sign of favour. But one consequence of that is that Arya is in a more isolated location than most of the characters.

They've cast the man she poisons, so that's in, and one imagines the changing faces stuff is too (don't know about blindness). The Sam/Night's Watch stuff looks to be out, based on the changes made to the Night's Watch plot. Learning a language falls under the header of things the show finds too boring to show.

Of the three Stark sibling POVs, Arya is the only one who actually gets her book plot arc dramatized (Bran got sent offscreen, Sansa lost her whole story and got shoved into a completely different plot). I would think that would be a sign of favour. But one consequence of that is that Arya is in a more isolated location than most of the characters.

I didnt know they had cast the man she poisons. When was he cast and do you know what episodes he was cast for?

I know they have cast someone to play a man called Joss and his terminally ill daughter, who apparantely go to the HoBaW which has still yet to happen (could be 'The Gift' refered to in the title of episode 7). If they have also cast the man she poisons then she will surely be in more episodes in the latter half of the season

Really? I have to disagree. Sansa's arc is pretty much going in the same direction, just with different characters and a different setting. And it's more dramatized than Arya's, considering that the season is centered around and she's pretty much the closest thing to a main character this time around.

Also, it isn't really a sign of favor to Arya when most of the work gets put into Sansa's plotline while scraps of Arya's are barely changed and stuffed into episodes in occassional bursts.

i have to agree on one point though that Sansa did steal lot of spotlight which should have been around jon and cersei and theon and Dany ...its their story arcs that needed to be shine ...but ever since we have seen that trailer where we saw sansa arrive at winterfelll ..all the talks have been about her in every single thread which is getting boring IMO...currently there are five threads in episode 6 section and three threads are about Sansa ..i dont blame the Fans but i think show runners succeeded in making us carry for Sansa in a way we wouldnt have cared for jeyne..and i dont have a problem with it because despite her fans claims i dont think she is in not in the same league as say arya ,bran ,dany ,jon and tyrion

i have to agree on one point though that Sansa did steal lot of spotlight which should have been around jon and cersei and theon and Dany ...its their story arcs that needed to be shine ...but ever since we have seen that trailer where we saw sansa arrive at winterfelll ..all the talks have been about her in every single thread which is getting boring IMO...currently there are five threads in episode 6 section and three threads are about Sansa ..i dont blame the Fans but i think show runners succeeded in making us carry for Sansa in a way we wouldnt have cared for jeyne..and i dont have a problem with it because despite her fans claims i dont think she is in not in the same league as say arya ,bran ,dany ,jon and tyrion

Unfortunately, people are in denial and think Sansa is as important as Jon, Dany, and Tyrion. That's why they love to spam the board with Sansa threads, which all talk about the same things each time. But, their wishes have seemed to come true, since D&D consider her to be the most important character.

Unfortunately, people are in denial and think Sansa is as important as Jon, Dany, and Tyrion. That's why they love to spam the board with Sansa threads, which all talk about the same things each time. But, their wishes have seemed to come true, since D&D consider her to be the most important character.

i dont think D&D consider her to be the most important character of them all ..i am waiting to see how she goes from here and where she is when the season ends because that will give us some idea how her future arc will be i hope

i dont think D&D consider her to be the most important character of them all ..i am waiting to see how she goes from here and where she is when the season ends because that will give us some idea how her future arc will be i hope

"Sansa is a character we care about almost more than any other."

- David Benioff

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/26/game-thrones-sansa-ramsay-interview

I didnt know they had cast the man she poisons. When was he cast and do you know what episodes he was cast for?

No, I don't think we know which episode. But there was definitely a casting notice for a character who very strongly fit the profile of the merchant.

Sansa's arc is pretty much going in the same direction, just with different characters and a different setting. And it's more dramatized than Arya's, considering that the season is centered around and she's pretty much the closest thing to a main character this time around.

"Different characters and a different setting" equals a different plotline, particularly given that what's actually happened is largely that she's been given Jeyne Poole's role.

The season is not centered around her, nor is she "pretty much the closest thing to a main character". There are four other characters with more screentime than her, all in their own plotlines.

No, I don't think we know which episode. But there was definitely a casting notice for a character who very strongly fit the profile of the merchant.

"Different characters and a different setting" equals a different plotline, particularly given that what's actually happened is largely that she's been given Jeyne Poole's role.

The season is not centered around her, nor is she "pretty much the closest thing to a main character". There are four other characters with more screentime than her, all in their own plotlines.

What I meant was that her character development is pretty much going in the same direction. And yeah only four characters have more time than her. That is the problem. You seem to want to argue though.

Archived