Worse mother-in-law: Cersei or Sybell Spicer?

Pod The Rod

How is this even a discussion.Cersei tried to get her daughter in law killed, Sybell planned her son in law and all her soldiers, family etc killed and she succeed.At least Marg has a choice or a way out , Robb and his followers were dead the minute they enter Twins.

I dislike Sybell but she's not even close to Cersei. Cersei doesn't want any kind of woman being close to her sons.

Spicer for sure.

I loathe Cersei, but in this regard, she is nowhere near as bad.

Seems we do have a debate after all.

(just looking through my old threads)

Spicer. Betrayed and did it all for land and titles, rather than out of Cersei's totally misplaced love of her children (and trying to protect them from people who she things based on the prophesy will try to kill her).

Plus, at least with Cersei we have something pretty to look at while being schemed against. It just makes for a more pleasurable experience... :-)

Sybil is as terrible as Jeyne is stupid. Cersei is terrible and stupid.

I like reading about Cersei though. Very entertaining chapters; so this evening, I shall vote for her, Cersei and declare Sybil the worse lying, manipulative mother in law in the world...at least Cersei cares about her children; if not her children’s spouses and future spouses. Sybil may not be a terrible mother in law, she hardly interacts with Robb after all, but she sure seems to be a terrible mother.

Sybell. She forced her daughter to get an abortion because the father died. Cersie is a horrible person, but I doubt she would ever do that to Myrcella.

She didn't force her daughter to have an abortion, she gave her daughter a contraceptive. That’s not the same at all. Jeyne was never pregnant to begin with.

She didn't force her daughter to have an abortion, she gave her daughter a contraceptive. That’s not the same at all. Jeyne was never pregnant to begin with.

We'll never know whether Jeyne was pregnant or not, thanks to Sybell.

Sybilla if she love potioned the romance with Robb and Jeyne which is hinted due to her being the granddaughter or daughter of maggy the Frog, The consequences for Robb have been far worse for Robb and his family and men than Margeary thus far.

We'll never know whether Jeyne was pregnant or not, thanks to Sybell.

The only moment for her to have had conceived is in the early days of her relationship with Robb, imo and only because Sybil might not have given her the tea right away -- And even then, one could speculate that moontea works as emergency contraception.... it seems to be the case, by the way Arianne and Asha think of it.

A contraceptive prevents the pregnancy from happening; and as far as I know, moontea when taken as Jeyne did (daily, and I'd expect not too high dosage) is a contraceptive -- unlike tansy, that seems a stronger substance and provokes abortions with rather notable side effects – it seems a real health hazard if Lysa’s experience is anything to go by.

Sybilla if she love potioned the romance with Robb and Jeyne which is hinted due to her being the granddaughter or daughter of maggy the Frog, The consequences for Robb have been far worse for Robb and his family and men than Margeary thus far.

How much is Sybil to blame, how much Tywin though? And the love potion bit is only a rumor. imo, Robb truly did like...dull girls.

They both used terrible means, but Cersei is worse. Sybell was working for political reasons to better her family's position. Cersei was lashing out because of something a fortune teller told her when she was a kid, or a thinly veiled excuse for her own personal fear of losing power and not being the prettiest anymore.

The only moment for her to have had conceived is in the early days of her relationship with Robb, imo and only because Sybil might not have given her the tea right away -- And even then, one could speculate that moontea works as emergency contraception.... it seems to be the case, by the way Arianne and Asha think of it.

A contraceptive prevents the pregnancy from happening; and as far as I know, moontea when taken as Jeyne did (daily, and I'd expect not too high dosage) is a contraceptive -- unlike tansy, that seems a stronger substance and provokes abortions with rather notable side effects – it seems a real health hazard if Lysa’s experience is anything to go by.

Tansy isn't a separate potion. It's an ingredient in moontea.

Archived