Which character not affiliated with the North/NW or Dany/Dragons...

JaegrM

Do you feel most likely to play a role in killing others/wights?

Basically being an involved factor in the war against them?

This eliminates Bran.

I feel all of the realm will play a role, but we have only a handful of characters directly connected to the upcoming conflict.

My money would probably go on Jaime, but ONLY IF his plot involves him meeting with Jon in the future (probably a R+L reason for that being plausible)

Honorable mention goes to Roose.(maybe Ramsay?)

I know he's of the north, but Theon at least doesn't think of him as a true northman in aDWD

Slay a monster with another monster type of thing?

Wanted to add I'd enjoy it being Stannis/Mel who plays a large role, but too much misinformation and a guiding beacon being the laws of men would seem to be his achilles heel when dealing with these.

I'd love for his (IMO sad untimely demise) being facing these enemies in battle and end with an attempt at a Bruce Willis death a la Armageddon

Doran Martell will finally reveal that he is basically Oberyn Martell with twice the testosterone. He'll challenge the great Other to a duel, kill him with ease, take the female Other to wife (ala Orys Baratheon) but not lose his soul and form an ever lasting alliance between Men and Others.

wont lie, I was hoping for more serious/detailed responses

I think this is a story about the Human race as a whole and its struggles, so anybody still standing by the time the Others invade will have to play their part, from Dragon riders, to Northmen, to "Knights of Summer", to former slavers and slaves. I don't think it'll all come down one particular thing, this is why we have three characters building vastly different armies made up of multiple types of people and religions, all of which are borderline at deaths door.

With no foreshadowing these are just two wild guesses, but:

It could just be how much publicity it gets on these forums (as opposed to very little book time) but I feel like The Sword in the Morning wielding Dawn has too many parallels with the "long winter" or AA, and the such.

I've read a lot of theories about Varys and who he is loyal to, maybe he is honest when he says "the realm" and perhaps all of his scheming is just to eventually help all of mankind stand up against the others.

Archived