Could Jaime have been foreshadowed as Hand since GoT?

JaegrM

He's been saying he doesn't want it since the first book.

He's lost his HAND

Cersei again asks/begs him to be hand after Tywin dies

etc, etc.

Has any other character been linked to the Hand position so strongly?

We have him critiquing the faults of all of the Hands he's served under/with....

I mean you could even argue that the bittersweet endgame implied gy GRRM fits with this.

Jaime doesn't want it, but if he continues upon the "path of redemption" he may very well realize he's best suited to it more than any one else available. And so grudgingly accepts the appointment.

I had a point about him wanting to be "LC of the KG and nothing more" but I stepped away and lost my train of thought....

So um, thoughts?

Yeah Jaime will be Tyrion's hand.

Here's how I think it's going. Criston Cole and Sunfyre are his parallels, as per Jaime's "the best and worse of them" remark. Cole had an affair with Rhaenyra then turned on her as Jaime did/is Cersei. Rhaenyra fathered three alleged bastards like Cersei, although Cole wasn't their father. Cole slit Beesomethings throat like Jaime did Aerys. Cole made Aegon king, Jaime is set to reveal he's the father of Cersei's children and will help make Tyrion king putting him in conflict with Cersei. Cole was LC and Hand.

Foreshadowing in the Sunfyre and Jaime thread has Jaime fighting Arya and I posted foreshadowing that has him killing Nymeria. Nymeria hangs about the God's Eye. Cole was killed by a pack of winter wolves at the God's Eye. Nymeria's pack will have their revenge, probably with Bran warging them.

Jaime wears a golden hand, akin to the golden hands of the Hand's chain. Besides, if he kills Cersei with Hand's chain (like Tyrion did with Shae), he would have to be her Hand.

I think Jaime would be made Cersei's Hand after Mace's death. Jaime would accept it just to keep an increasingly mad Cersei in cheque, and keep things running smoothly.

Archived