Will Team Aegon be the ruin of Walder Frey? (D&E Spoilers)

Good Guy Garlan

For FAegon and the Golden Company to gain wide support, taking swords against the Freys may be something that could accomplish this. The house is very much considered profane by commoners, nobles and even the clergy. So perhaps legitimacy would be attained by not offering them quarter in their invasion/campaign. The thing that makes me think this is unlikely is that there are already powerful groups who are preparing to do just that, so FAegon is about to be beaten to the punch.

I think someone/thing will get to the Frey's before Aegon, though after which I could see him approving the decision depending who does it.

Other threats nearer include:

-Vale (and a **** ton of Riverland lords) under Sansa or LF command.

-Brotherhood without banners. They seem to be planing something big, likely involving Jamie.

-Nymeria's wolf pack. The Freys said Robbs men turned into Wolves and tried to kill them. Now a pack of hundreds is in the Riverlands? Can we say Checkov's gun.

-Stannis/Northerners in a full military attack from the North.

-Howland Reed in an espionage attack, likely meant to free the hostages.

Dany gets an honorable mention, but I see the Freys getting ******ed over before she lands.

Eliminating House Frey would be a sure fire way for Aegon to get the river Lords on side and the support of the north as well. Still, he has a lot of competition. I really think the river Lords, BWB and the northern Lords should have the privilege of destroying them. Maybe they would see Aegon as robbing them of their vengeance haha.

Ok, so I just re-read "The Mystery Knight" yesterday and I think there could be certain basis for this

1. Dunk's reaction to toddler Walder:

If Duck & (Aegon) Egg are meant to be some sort of parallel to Dunk & Egg, then maybe Duck will do the deed

2. Some people at the Golden Company might have a bone or two to pick with House Frey:

I think that Frey was one of Bloodraven's informers from the start. Unlike Butterwell, his treatment by Bloodraven is totally different. He gets to keep his lands and we never see him being punished. In addition, Maynard Plumm (er, Bloodraven) knew quite a bit about how Walder had seen his sister getting it on with a kitchen boy, so it seems he knew a lot from the Frey quarter.

Also, the fact that Walder joined the dwarves in their games could be a hint that the Freys, like the dwarves, were Bloodraven's men

And if this is true, then the Blackfyre loyalists at the GC won't show mercy to the house that betrayed their cause once

3. If Sansa marries Aegon (as I'm rooting for), then what better wedding gift for the bride than wiping out the House that killed her family and restoring her uncle's seat. Besides, Sansa won't oppose to a bit of Frey killings:

What do you good people think?

Probably, killing and the Lannisters would turn Aegon into a Messiah in the Riverlands.

It seems out of the way of where Aegon currently is.

If Aegon is taking out the Frey's, It would mean he's well on his way to taking the Seven Kingdom as a whole because I can't see how that happens without first securing King's Landing and then most of the Riverland while being somehow secure (conquest or diplomacy) against the Westerlands, Vale and Reach.

Taking the Twins is basically pretty far down in the check list.

• 1 month later...

The GC ships got separated on the narrow sea. JC thinks they were lost in storms, but what if they just decided they wanted to land somewhere else? JC does note that he's less sure of Harry Strickland's loyalty than the previous GC commander. So another part of Aegon's force could be in or near the Riverlands.

Very interesting that Bloodraven had a relationship with house Frey. Bloodraven seems to have been trying to keep Starks alive and he must be at least partially responsible for Nymeria's pack and Nymeria dragging Catelyn out of the water, which would imply that he's not currently on the same side as House Frey.

I think it would take some justifying for Aegon to go after the Twins - if he's strong enough to go for Kings Landing he should do that so he can take the Iron Throne. And if he's not strong enough to go for Kings Landing, why would the Twins be important enough to him that he crosses the continent to get to it? But the books have lots of twists and turns, so its possible.

Bloodraven seems to have been trying to keep Starks alive and he must be at least partially responsible for Nymeria's pack and Nymeria dragging Catelyn out of the water, which would imply that he's not currently on the same side as House Frey.

Arya was warging Nymeria at the time. There's no evidence that two wargs can inhabit the same animal at the same time.

Archived