Crackpot - Daario Naharis

Dunk tha Lunk

Daario is Daario, he does not need some secret identity. Everyone in this story does not have to be someone else. There are simple explanations for your OP - purple eyes are a notably Valyrian trait (though not exclusive to them) and the Free Cities are riddled with those of Valyrian descent/characteristics. He dyes his hair because he is a Tyroshi, and that is the norm, as evidenced by the countless other Tyroshi seen throughout the novels. He is not Benjen. He is not Euron. And he most certainly is NOT Rhaegar, who is undeniably DEAD

I actually like this one. It emphasizes Dany's descent into madness and allows us to more or less ignore his character.

And makes it rather pathetic that Jorah is jealous of him, and Barristan doesn't trust him.

Daario is a pseudonym for Daereon Blackfyre (or Brightflame), who is using Dany to get to Westeros and claim the Iron Throne for himself. Of course since they seem to have some good chemistry and she does have the dragons, he'll probably offer to make her his queen.

ETA: I was clicking around on the wiki today and learned that Haegon Blackfyre (the youngest of Daemon's sons) was taken by Bittersteel to Tyrosh. :eek: There's no information on his death. Daario actually could be a Blackfyre descendant through the female line. And Tyrosh isn't far from Lys either, so there could be more Valyrian blood in his background. What color would those eyes be if he washed out the blue dye? :shocked:

Nearly everything he says is a boast or an insult, he fights everything he gets his hands upon, dresses like a clown and a hobo had a baby, decorates himself in the jewelry and treasure of his fallen foes and seduces women by massaging the hilts of his swords sensuously. Isn't it obvious?

He's a player character from an RPG.

Unfortunately GRRM is a lax dungeon master, and lets his players run amok until the trusty advisors are all exiled, the dragon queen is pregnant, and the wealth-by-level system is completely screwed.

I'm really starting to like the Blackfyre idea. That would be one hell of a betrayal.

Dany gets back and sees Daario riding Rhaegal. "Hey Sweetcheeks! Great to see you again. Sorry I have to bail but...I have a date with the Iron Throne. Thanks for the dragon."

Daario is Daario, he does not need some secret identity. Everyone in this story does not have to be someone else. There are simple explanations for your OP - purple eyes are a notably Valyrian trait (though not exclusive to them) and the Free Cities are riddled with those of Valyrian descent/characteristics. He dyes his hair because he is a Tyroshi, and that is the norm, as evidenced by the countless other Tyroshi seen throughout the novels. He is not Benjen. He is not Euron. And he most certainly is NOT Rhaegar, who is undeniably DEAD

:agree:

I really don't know what's so fascinating with his character that people assume he actually is Benjen, Euron or Rhaegar in disguise. All he is - is what he appears to be: flamboyant sellsword captain.

:agree:

I really don't know what's so fascinating with his character that people assume he actually is Benjen, Euron or Rhaegar in disguise. All he is - is what he appears to be: flamboyant sellsword captain.

I think people are looking for an angle that explains his seemingly inevitable betrayal of Dany. I like the Blackfyre one, first of all because I came up with it, and second because it means he's Daario Naharis. No secret identity, just a bloodline he failed to reveal. And that means Aegon can be real, and we might as well give him that because he's a goner anyway. ;)

I think people are looking for an angle that explains his seemingly inevitable betrayal of Dany. I like the Blackfyre one, first of all because I came up with it, and second because it means he's Daario Naharis. No secret identity, just a bloodline he failed to reveal. And that means Aegon can be real, and we might as well give him that because he's a goner anyway. ;)

Why do you think Daario will betray her? He has had ample opportunity already and hasn't.

1. I'm far from sure Daario will betray Dany, much less it being inevitable

2. Other characters betrayed Dany, yet their motives were simple and straightforward: like Brown Ben or Jorah. One doesn't need to be Blackfyre to have anti-Dany agenda.

3. I meant - secret identity to us - readers.

Archived