Characters that will possibly be cut

The King Of Cooked Steak

I expect the following will be cut:

Alys Karstark (and by extension, the Karstark conspiracy)

Barbrey Dustin

Lord Rosby

The Merryweathers

The Stokeworths (except a Lollys cameo as she sees Bronn off to Dorne)

Red Ronnet Connington

Genna Lannister

Daven Lannister

The Freys at Riverrun

Brown Ben Plumm

Rodrik the Reader

Victarion Greyjoy (maybe he'll cameo during the Kingsmoot, but I expect to see him fade away afterward and his journey will be done by Euron himself)

Aeron Greyjoy (nameless extra during Kingsmoot denouncing Euron for being godless)

Wylis Manderly (that is, if the Manderlys aren't completely cut)

Dalla

Val

Harry Strickland

Justin Massey

Prince of Tatters

Green Grace

Shavepate

Penny

The Griffs are a possibility

Brown Ben Plumm was almost cast in S4 and they're still auditioning for him, so he's in.

Genna has been mentioned in the show under the name Cynda. She might just make it. Daven could potentially make it in, since they've mentioned Stafford Lannister being killed by Robb at Oxcross. It depends also on the fact that Jaime is going to Dorne this season. Might be a fakeout to get rumors started but who knows. Maybe we'll see Daven in Dorne.

I don't see Vic being cut or being just some cameo. He is way too important for Dany's storyline, because the point is that while Euron wants to take her as his queen, Vic wants to do the same for himself, so there's some one-sided antagonizing between Euron and Victarion. I firmly disagree with the argument that "Dany already has a lot of ships so she doesn't need the Iron Fleet". There's much more to the Greyjoys and Victarion than that. That really depends on the possibility of Victarion affecting things and doing something of importance in future books.

Even though he's not that important, I'll be pissed if the Damphair doesn't make it, as he's one of my favorites! I'll be very disappointed if we don't hear "No godless man may seat the Seastone Chair!". I think Martin said we'll see more of him WOW.

What is interesting is that, if there's no Dalla, there's no journey for Sam and Gilly, and no death for Aemon. So what is he going to do at Castle Black? Just sit around, being Jon's steward?

I think that Val won't be cast and we will see Tormund being the one negotiating with the the wildlings and getting them peacefully through the Wall. That is unless she is set to do something big in WOW which I doubt.

Are you guys serious about that? They're going to give us dozen of new characters in Dorne/Essos/KL -even three sandsnakes and somebody as Lollys and Areo and Maggy- but would really exclude Vic and Manderly?! C'mon, the North and the Iron Isles need some new characters, you can't do everything with Asha/Yara and the Umbers and Karstarks (okay, okay, I guess, you can, but...man, it's Wyman Manderly and Victarion Greyjoy!).

Okay, I could imagine a Greyjoy-brothers-merge and of course huge changes with the Ironborn-Meereen-storyline, but I still think we'll have the Kingsmoot and it will at least include Vic and Euron. Yara has returned to Pyke, Balon dies very early in season 5 (hopefully 5x01) and then they can introduce us to his family. I don't understand why they talk all the time about Dorne, but there's no word about the IB; okay, I guess, Dornish -> sexpostions + everybody loved Oberyn and want to see Dorne now, Ironborn -> expensive sea battles, I admit that the Greyjoy brothers are all somehow dumbasses (but hey, a crazy evil mad wizard-pirate-king?! "Dumb as a stump" Vic + magic arm, monkeys, "freeing slaves", Dothraki Sea, kraken helmet, aso.?!)

And why omitting Manderly? This guy will play a huge role in the Battle of Ice, he's an awesome character, the White Harbor storyline would work perfectely on screen; give Davos like two episodes subplot, end one with his "death" (as a mean cliffhanger, great hate for Wyman, the Northmen / Stark vassals are licked, victorious Freys and Boltons) and show one or two episodes later what really happend to Davos and reveal Manderly's plans (great relief and joy, Wyman is a cool badass, "The North remembers", finally vengeance).

Nice set for the Merman's court, awesome lines and dialogues (and the show loves these), Cameo appearance for GRRM as Manderly-family-member, shows perfectely the still lasting love and power for/of the Starks = Made for screen!

I know the show will omit sooo many minor characters I love next season (Justin Massey :crying:, Rodrik Harlaw :crying:, also Barbrey Dustin, Alys Karstark, aso. :frown5:), but I want at least some new characters for the Boltons/Stannis/Yara/Jon to interact with.

I'm still hoping so much for fArya/Jeyne Poole, I can't see how the Northern storyline would work as in the books without her (Which probably means she'll be cutted to simplify everything... Although she's, Imo, important for Theon/Boltons/Stannis+Northmen/Jon, and I really, really want her to be in!).

And some more Northmen in Winterfell and the Cofter's Village would be cool, they don't have to include all, Mormonts, Glovers, Clanmen, Ryswells,... but at least one somebody (=Northman) on Roose' side and somebody on Stannis'... But I guess I'll have to accept the omitting of guys like Massey, Harlaw, Dustin, Karstark (No Queen's men vs. Clansmen :bawl:, no bookish, sophisticated Ironborn :bawl:, no creepy, vengeful widow :bawl:, no wedding at the Wall :bawl:), but I won't accept the idea of an omitted Wyman and Victarion until they confirm it (which would really suck! -.- I hope they won't be that biased about Dorne/Essos/KL and North/Iron Isles, it's the later I care far more about; but okay, to each his own...).

I agree with you, the north was my favorite plot line in ADWD (and what saved the book for me, I found the rest of the book slow) but D&D appears to be Lannister fanboys. I'm confident they will portray a very detailed Cersei storyline and invent stuff for Jaime, I have no faith in them doing justice to the north.

They are, because Hoji Fortuna was rumored as being cast and having appeared in S4, but it didn't happen which leads me to believe they're still auditioning for the role.

That might have been a fabrication on the actor's part. I doubt we'll get Ben.

That might have been a fabrication on the actor's part. I doubt we'll get Ben.

I don't think so because this was seen in IMDb. But that is not the most trustworthy source for casting news. Though, I think we'll need someone that acts as a leader to the Second Sons. I'm thinking they might make Daario the leader of the SS, but that wouldn't make sense. You need a BBP since Tyrion meets up with him and that he is the one that allows him to join the SS. If we're not seeing Ben in S5, we're going to see him in S6.

I don't think so because this was seen in IMDb. But that is not the most trustworthy source for casting news. Though, I think we'll need someone that acts as a leader to the Second Sons. I'm thinking they might make Daario the leader of the SS, but that wouldn't make sense. You need a BBP since Tyrion meets up with him and that he is the one that allows him to join the SS. If we're not seeing Ben in S5, we're going to see him in S6.

Is it still there? On IMDB I mean?

Thanks, if you could point me to a thread that has that discussion then id be very grateful

There was a whole lot of analysis about it in "Season Five Casting" thread (version 1), which has since been locked due to length. It's a lot of comments to wade through, but I think a lot of the Quentyn stuff was mentioned near the beginning.

If you want to talk about it more specifically, the Season 5 Casting v.3 thread is open (though the conversation has moved away from this subject a bit), or you could talk about it in the Quentyn Martell thread. These individual character threads are usually just suggestions of actors, but people can engage about their inclusion in them at times.

But frankly, based on the OP of this thread, there's no reason we can't talk about it here, especially if you have your own opinion to offer on it. I will say that based on the Trystane audition script, it seems like he's a bit of a rebellious son, so it wouldn't fit with dutiful Quentyn's personality, but it could still work I guess. A lot of people are thinking there will be no Quentyn at all; his plot really just serves to release dragons and maybe pivot Dorne to Aegon's cause, which could be handled in other ways.

Honestly, it's not obvious from the books if Vic is anything but a device for getting Dany a dragon horn and some ships. And apparently in the show Daario already got Dany ships. In which case they could cut that piece of the Greyjoy storyline altogether. If they did Euron like in the books, with his reaving all or at least mostly off camera, that would free up a ton of narrative space/time for the other stories, because the Iron Islands would be done after the Kingsmoot, except for Yarasha, who is headed right to Stannis anyway.

Combine that cutting most of Jaimie's Riverlands plot and sending him to Dorne instead, only to return to the Riverlands at the end of the season (just in time to get snagged by Brienne) and all of a sudden getting through most of the remaining book materials seems doable.

No, since it was confirmed by HBO that he wasn't cast. Here's an article from WiC.net.

I remember clearly IMDb though putting him on the cast list in one of S4's episodes and adressing his role as Brown Ben Plumm.

That might have been a cheeky manoeuvre by the actor. Considering how IMDB works and what he has done since. His video on advising how to audition.

There was a whole lot of analysis about it in "Season Five Casting" thread (version 1), which has since been locked due to length. It's a lot of comments to wade through, but I think a lot of the Quentyn stuff was mentioned near the beginning.

If you want to talk about it more specifically, the Season 5 Casting v.3 thread is open (though the conversation has moved away from this subject a bit), or you could talk about it in the Quentyn Martell thread. These individual character threads are usually just suggestions of actors, but people can engage about their inclusion in them at times.

But frankly, based on the OP of this thread, there's no reason we can't talk about it here, especially if you have your own opinion to offer on it. I will say that based on the Trystane audition script, it seems like he's a bit of a rebellious son, so it wouldn't fit with dutiful Quentyn's personality, but it could still work I guess. A lot of people are thinking there will be no Quentyn at all; his plot really just serves to release dragons and maybe pivot Dorne to Aegon's cause, which could be handled in other ways.

Thanks:) I honestly haven't seen the audition so I wouldn't know:P but I think that they should have Quentyns subplot since it alienates Dany from westeros IMO. Also GRRM has said he thinks D&D could do 3 seasons from AFFC and ADWD if they don't chop up the story.

I would love to see Quentyn and Vic go to mereen

No, since it was confirmed by HBO that he wasn't cast. Here's an article from WiC.net.

I remember clearly IMDb though putting him on the cast list in one of S4's episodes and adressing his role as Brown Ben Plumm.

Don't believe unsubstantiated material on IMDB. Anyone can edit those pages and such information is often not real. There have been cast lists for future episodes which have been fake for Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and other shows in the past.

S5 casting will probably be one of the most discussed topics on this forum in regards to GoT. I think at least 2 Greyjoy uncles will make it Euron and Vic, (possibly Aeron as well, in maybe 1 or 2 scenes, but he is probably the most in danger of being cut). JonCon and fAegon will be in as well interacting with Tyrion till half way in the season/or at leas till they get to Volantis, and then perhaps in episode 10 on a ship looking at SE in the distance. As for Dornish storyline I hope we get all the POVs, but Quentyn is also in danger of not making it, if Trystane replaces him that would be kind of stupid since they could have just made an extra basically play Trystane in the watergardens, and just cast Quentyn. As for the North, dont think we will see WH, as there will be to much new locations, just like I dont think we will see Oldtown either. So we might get the Umbers replacing the Manderleys, and Braavos being the place where Sam learns to be a Maester. Its also rumored we will see Jaqen again, which may replace the kindly man. But I'm sure we will get JonCon, Aegon, Euron, Vic and Arianne and hopefully Quentyn.

Archived