Arthur Dayne vs. Robert Baratheon

If you are guarding a king that means you have an hability..Robb wouldn't put a guy that can't hold a sword in his guard

No, it doesn't. Robb asked for protectors and people volunteered for the honour, the majority of which were sons of lords who had seen little to no combat that we know of. I really can't fathom how you seemingly believe that the Karstarks in question were highly experienced and skillful soldiers when there is absolutely no evidence for that. You're just making stuff up...

I guy that guards a king has to have some skill son't matter what you say, and those three guys are from two of the most reputed familys in the North, they train with swors since they were childs so they are not some useless guys like Samwell...

And i Darys and the Karstarks haven't proved nothing what has Rhaegar, Lord Grafton, Myles Mooton or Jon Connington had proved by the time of RR?

It's not stated that Dawn is better than Valyrian steel. It's just as sharp. That's about it. It just happens to have a legendary wielder.

Robert was a fuckin Terminator. Daynes Skull wouldve been crushed in seconds

Yeah. I agree. Don't know why Rhaegar manage to severely wound him.

I guy that guards a king has to have some skill son't matter what you say, and those three guys are from two of the most reputed familys in the North, they train with swors since they were childs so they are not some useless guys like Samwell...

And i Darys and the Karstarks haven't proved nothing what has Rhaegar, Lord Grafton, Myles Mooton or Jon Connington had proved by the time of RR?

No, there was no combat skill or physical prowess prerequisite for joining Robbs honour guard. There is no textual evidence to support your claims that the Karstark boys were skilled. You are just making it up.

what you are saying doesn't make absolutely any sense a guy that protects a kinghave to be good with a sword i repeat have to be, Robb had an army to protect him why would he choose those guys if they weren't good?And has i say if there are no proof they were good that aren't also proves for the guys Robert killed

a guy that protects a kinghave to be good with a sword i repeat have to be, Robb had an army to protect him why would he choose those guys if they weren't good?

No. He. Doesn't. For gods sake Robb takes volunteers. He does not look for the best fighters. Hy is this difiiculy for you? Read the book. Read the chapter. Robb's honour guard are green volunteers who for the most part have not seen actual combat. You keep saying otherwise but you aren't showing evidence, you just keep saying "they have to be good". No they dont. No they werent.

And there IS textual evidence for Robert and the like. You are just unbelievably mistaken. There is no textual evidence that the Karstarks were skilled swordsmen. If you wat to say they were skilled, YOU have to prove it

And you have to prve that Roert kills were good swordsman since there is no prove you are just a Robert fan boy and you don't see that there is exactly the same evidences abou the Karstarks and Darys being good swordsmans as there is for Myles Mooton and the others..And if you have read the books you would know that there are a lot of characters that say that Robb keep himself surrounded by his guards all the time and that they are the best young warriors in the north

` I don't think he's said best ever. But I think the insinuation is that in Ned's lifetime Arthur Dayne was tops, with Barristan right behind him (really only coming down to Arthur having Dawn). And in my opinion, Jaime comes in right after them. But some may have Jaime second.

I'm not sure how the three of them stack up against other legendary fighters such as Daemon Blackfyre, Aemon the Dragonknight, Cregan Stark, the other Sword of the Morning we've heard about, etc ...

Archived