Tell me this isn't true :(

igrewupinKL

We have to get at least one Greyjoy uncle. This is because Balon has to die. And Asha doesn't get the seastone chair, so who will oppose her? Theon is currently unavailable so there must be at least one uncle!!

If Asha becomes queen of the seastone chair then i can't see her actions in taking and keeping deepwood motte justified. So then it changes her whole arc

Does Balon have to die, though? Melisandre's leeches have taken so long to "work" that they're pretty much a joke at this point. I have a horrible feeling that Balon will turn into a combination of Euron/Victarion. He'll send Asha to Dany because she isn't a necessary character in the North... we only got her POV to see Stannis's host. Plus she has no reason to stay there since showAsha has already given up on Theon.

Does Balon have to die, though? Melisandre's leeches have taken so long to "work" that they're pretty much a joke at this point. I have a horrible feeling that Balon will turn into a combination of Euron/Victarion. He'll send Asha to Dany because she isn't a necessary character in the North... we only got her POV to see Stannis's host. Plus she has no reason to stay there since showAsha has already given up on Theon.

Yes i think it's pretty vital that Balon dies, not because of the leeches, but because of the story. Balon really should have died this season, but given their time limit it wouldn't be feasible with all the extra stuff they added in.

It just depends on whether Asha being in the North is important, which i think it might be, because *SPOILER* who knows if she will be sacrificed, or die in the battle of winterfell. It just seems strange to send her to Dany, because without Euron she really doesn't need to be there. Victarion is only sent to Dany on Euron's orders to bring her back for marriage, her dragons and plus the dragon horn. *SPOILER*

Cutting Arianne just tells me more about the direction they are taking Dorne than anything, there probably won't be any female inheritance. A sandsnake will be sent to Aegon instead. Her character was starting to get interesting so that's why i'm disappointed

Cutting Arianne just tells me more about the direction they are taking Dorne than anything, there probably won't be any female inheritance. A sandsnake will be sent to Aegon instead. Her character was starting to get interesting so that's why i'm disappointed

I think there is far greater probability of Dorne keeping its inheritence rules then existence of Aegon. Inheritence rules are important for Dornish culture and Queenmaker plot and from casting leaks in seems it will be on the show. All characters needed for that plot exists, Arianne, her conspirators, Darkstar and Arys can be easily replaced with Sand Snakes and Trystane and dornish rider who is rumoured to be cast. There is really no practical reason to cut Dornish inheritance rules. Why else would be given so much attention to Myrcella.

Aegon on other hand is completely seperate plot which would demand lot of finaces and screentime. He was not cast as far we know, no supporting role from his plot was cast, Arianne for his future storyline was not cast and there are plenty reasons why not include him for 7 season long show. Varys plan may suffer without him, that is true, but lets wait with judgement of that until the show try to explain his plan. There is a chance Aegon will be in, they mentioned Golden Company and Ellia Sand, but if he will be included, it will not be this season. I do not see D+D to include yet another group of new characters this season. And if they include new group of characters afterall, i would bet on Greyjoys over Aegon and co.

As other people have said, Arianne does nothing the Sand Snakes and Trystane can't cover.

Queensmaker: Sand snakes

Heir apparent: Trystane

Woo-ing Aegon: One of the sand snakes (assuming they don't include the Darkstar)

The only thing they would be losing is the whole 'female heir' thing, but i mean in the grand scheme of things, it makes more sense for the show to just leave that out in favour of adding other things. I did really enjoy Arianne as a character, but she is definitely easily replaceable unfortunately.

As for Quentyn, it looks like he's going to be cut, but on a show-scale, he isn't that important of a character besides giving Dany the option of going immediately to Dorne and showing Dorne's allegiance the the Targaryens (but that can be done with aegon). Also anyone can release the dragons. Quentyn was way more important to the book because of the whole 'sun setting' prophecy.

So all in all, Dorne casting seems pretty reasonable imho given that they already have 96,358 characters to deal with ^_^

I heard a rumour that they might cut out Aegon, Jon Connington, and the Golden Company and instead replace it with a civil war between the Lannisters (Tommen) and the Martells (Myrcella). And then Daenerys comes in with her dragons to Westeros and wrecks shit up.That way, to Benioff and Weiss' preference, they are keeping the Lannisters further in power and focus on the original characters of the show instead of introducing new characters that will probably die next season.

I think there is far greater probability of Dorne keeping its inheritence rules then existence of Aegon. Inheritence rules are important for Dornish culture and Queenmaker plot and from casting leaks in seems it will be on the show. All characters needed for that plot exists, Arianne, her conspirators, Darkstar and Arys can be easily replaced with Sand Snakes and Trystane and dornish rider who is rumoured to be cast. There is really no practical reason to cut Dornish inheritance rules. Why else would be given so much attention to Myrcella.

Aegon on other hand is completely seperate plot which would demand lot of finaces and screentime. He was not cast as far we know, no supporting role from his plot was cast, Arianne for his future storyline was not cast and there are plenty reasons why not include him for 7 season long show. Varys plan may suffer without him, that is true, but lets wait with judgement of that until the show try to explain his plan. There is a chance Aegon will be in, they mentioned Golden Company and Ellia Sand, but if he will be included, it will not be this season. I do not see D+D to include yet another group of new characters this season. And if they include new group of characters afterall, i would bet on Greyjoys over Aegon and co.

^ I agree

They changed one of the lady's of Dorne to a man in season 4, thats why i think the inheritance rules will be changed. Why even give Trystane screentime? they didn't even need to show him. No i think the show's equivalent of the queenmaker plot will be more about Trystane loving Myrcella and them running away/or him wanting her to be queen. The sandsnakes will probably convince him to do it.

I do think Aegon is important enough to make it in...,They may as well have cut Varys if they weren't going to include his master plan that he's been creating for years and years!! hes been planning this for years, there is literally no other thing they could replace Aegon with

Yeah she's gone, replaced by a combination of Ellaria and olderTrystane, who will later take Quentyn's role via Meereenese jetpack

:rofl:

Meerenese jetpack! Love it!

Archived