Hypothetical Tourney (ca. 298 AC [AGoT])

Archmaester Drew

Joust - Loras, lets face it, he has more experience with his lance and men!

Meleee - Brienne,(mystery knight) why not! She beat a tired Jaime, and won Renly's tourney, lets shake things up a little

Archery - That Giant from the tv series, I know, I know, but it was still badass

QOLAB - Ygritte, mmmmmmmm touched by fire....mmmmmm

• 4 months later...

Jousting: Loras.

Melee: Sandor or Gregor.

Archery: Theon or Anguy.

I'm not sure if QoLaB is only for jousting, but if not... I'd say that Loras would pick a random girl. I doubt he'd pick his sister since its usually given to people they're romantically interested in.

It would have been a quick one

Why is there this idea that Ned wasn't a good fighter? The only time in all the novels that he is ever depicted to be in trouble in a fight, is against Arthur Dayne, the best swordsman in the series. And he won that. Other than that, he's never depicted as being injured or remotely in trouble in any of the battles or wars he fought in, and he fought plenty, other than when his horse fell and shattered his leg against 20 Lannister guardsmen and that had nothing to do with how the fight was going. So as far as we know, he's never even been injured by his opponents in a fight, or in trouble. That seems to me to be a very competent fighter, and nothing average.

Plus Ned seemed to think that he would have been perfectly capable of killing Gregor Clegane as he wanted to kill him himself but couldn't because of his leg.

Archived